PDA

View Full Version : Which do you prefer...Crystal Palace or Liberty Tree Tavern?

lovespink
05-09-2006, 12:06 PM
Which has better food and/or character interaction for dinner?

beattyfamily
05-09-2006, 12:09 PM
You are going to get so many different opinions. ;)

I prefer CP due to food.

LTT is Thanksgiving-style food, Stouffers Mac & cheese. My girls didn't like it at all. They much prefer CP.

LTT is family style, though, so some think it's more relaxing then a buffet.

Good luck deciding.

cdntourguide
05-09-2006, 12:41 PM
Crystal Palace has better food, more character interaction and better service.
I would go back to CP for any meal (in fact have two booked for Sept), but will never book LTT again.
:wave:

NC State
05-09-2006, 12:45 PM
I would go back to CP for any meal, but will never book LTT again.

I totally agree with you! :thumbsup2

GOOFY D
05-09-2006, 01:43 PM
We absolutely love LTT. It has become a family tradition to spend Thanksgiving meal at LTT when we are in WDW. We will be trying CP this trip and will see how we like it.

sjms71
05-09-2006, 01:53 PM
Crystal Palace is my family's vote too!!

Subrbnmommy
05-09-2006, 01:53 PM
I would go back to CP for any meal (in fact have two booked for Sept), but will never book LTT again.
I agree :thumbsup2

I also really like the decor and the brightness at CP. It has a greenhouse feel to it.

suevee
05-10-2006, 08:19 AM
I think CP has the best buffet and character interaction. I have never been disappointed. I have had breakfast, lunch, and dinner at CP.

I was disappointed in LTT for the dinner in both food and character interaction, HOWEVER - I loved LTT at lunch when you can order a la carte. THEN the food was great. Also it was pretty quiet with no characters to interrupt your dining. So we will be doing both, CP for dinner and LTT for lunch. :goodvibes

christinou
05-10-2006, 08:54 AM
CP, it just has such a great variety of food, something for everyone. My kids love buffets, they just enjoy being able to get their food right away and being able to try different things.

DisneyMomx7
05-10-2006, 09:52 AM
We really like both but if I had to pick one it would be LTT. We try to do both but if not possible we'll usually do CP for breakfast and LTT for dinner.

Raevyn_Wolfe
05-10-2006, 10:39 AM
LTT for my family!

Selket
05-10-2006, 11:30 AM
CP is the best buffet on property in my opinion - at least for lunch and dinner. And I like their food more than most of the other TS restaurants for that matter. I have never been disappointed here. My 4 yr old is diabetic and allergic to peanuts/tree nuts and they do a superior job of taking care of him as well.

LTT - at dinner we had good character interaction but the food - bleh! A step above a tv dinner! We had lunch here on our last trip and enjoyed that however - my salad was excellent.

CP is a beautiful restaurant - all the glass and windows - the views out on the castle and etc. LTT seems cramped and dark by comparison. If you do LTT try to take care of bathroom needs beforehand - the bathroom is upstairs and tiny - for the ladies room we waited FORVER.

JELBoggio
05-10-2006, 12:25 PM
CP is the best buffet on property in my opinion - at least for lunch and dinner. And I like their food more than most of the other TS restaurants for that matter. I have never been disappointed here. My 4 yr old is diabetic and allergic to peanuts/tree nuts and they do a superior job of taking care of him as well.

I have to agree. We just got back yesterday - ate at many TS restaurants(used the dining plan) and our favorite meal was at the Crystal Palace. Excellent buffet - we went for dinner - and the character interaction was wonderful. Beautiful location and a terrific server. This will be a must do on ALL future trips! :wizard:

karrit2000
05-10-2006, 12:31 PM
I like the food & the atmosphere at CP but won't ever eat there again until they replace Pooh & Friends with some other characters. LTT food is just OK but I think the Character interaction is great there.

tinkerbeth
05-10-2006, 03:45 PM

Why will you never go back to LTT? I'm curious. We have it booked as our first night meal in August. There seem to be a lot of people on both sides of this issue! :)

Thanks,

Beth :tink:

daisyduck123
05-10-2006, 04:53 PM
We'll be eating at LTT this Sunday for a Mother's Day dinner. (never been there before).
I'm glad that there are some favorable reviews here about it.

BTW, we're eating at CP on Friday night (we've been there once before).

LilyWDW
05-10-2006, 06:18 PM
So for CP character dining... do they offer all meals? (B,L,D)

If they do offer all... which is the best? Food and interaction wise?

momof2forever
05-18-2006, 11:48 AM
Just wondering if it is better to go to CP for lunch or dinner?

dischick4778
05-18-2006, 12:49 PM
We love LTT for dinner. We don't enjoy buffets all that much in general.

Cookie Princess
05-20-2006, 07:08 AM
For us it would be:

CP for breakfast before the park opens

LTT for lunch - you order of the menu, no characters

CP for dinner because they have a great variety, and I don't like Stouffer's food

lady_hlh
05-20-2006, 07:11 AM
I would go back to CP for any meal (in fact have two booked for Sept), but will never book LTT again. :thumbsup2

These are also my exact feelings from our visit last year. We are going back to the CP for lunch this year but won't be going to LTT.

Barbers2005
05-26-2006, 12:28 PM
I would go with CP for dinner. This was our favorite buffet for the entire trip. All the food was really good and very fresh. Of course, we are a little partial to Pooh and his buds, so the character interaction was great too. My Dd4 fell out of her chair when she saw Piglet...she was so excited!

Reese
05-26-2006, 12:37 PM
The character interaction at LTT was good but I really didn't enjoy the food. We had breakfast at CP and loved it. Were planning supper there next trip.

Gillian
05-26-2006, 12:38 PM
We tried LTT in April for the first time with our kids (5 & 2). We thought a non-buffet meal was a good idea, but it was just an ok experience. The characters were so so. Would have liked Chip & dale to try to draw out my 2 year old a little more. It was crowded and I'm sure they were rushed.

The food was average, if that. We barely ate anything, and we all like all the choices. It was just bland. Our server was good, but she disappeared when we wanted her to take away our food. I think she thought we were slow eaters, but really, we didn't want anymore! Dessert (apple cobbler & ice cream) was good.

CP was fun and the food good the last time we ate there, but it was quite a while ago.

Sleeping Becca
05-26-2006, 12:48 PM
We love Crystal Palace! Esp for lunch, they have really nice light fare with interesting salads and pasta dishes! Dinner is good it is pretty much the same as other dinner buffets prime rib and peel and eat shrimp, breakfast is the same as all of the other breakfast buffets.
The energy in the Crystal Palace is great, it's bright and lively (it is also LOUD)! The characters are great!

Liberty Tavern is OK, we did not enjoy dinner there it seemed like it was canned and warmed in the microwave, but lunch was OK, but there are no characters at lunch.

If your child is sensitive to loud noises, LIberty Tree is a nice alternative to Crystal Palace or Chef Mickeys, it is much more low key.

johnvree
05-26-2006, 12:51 PM
LTT is a must do for us every trip. Usually we hit it twice - once for dinner and once for lunch.

For dinner, I think the food is a little better at CP, but we really like the food at LTT too. I give LTT the nod in character interaction. The rooms are smaller and more intimate.

For us, we try to minimize the buffets. At 6 adn 7, we feel the kids are still too young to go up to the buffet by themselves or to carry full plates back to the table. No matter how many times we tell them, I could see them using their hands at the buffet and then dumping the food on the way back. Family style is just easier and more relaxing.

adreayoung
05-26-2006, 03:06 PM
Being an expert on LTT (haha!) I rather go for lunch instead of dinner unless my "friends" of minnie and chip and dale are there. I was there before Goofy came back and Meeko was there instead. You can always request not to get something and get more of something else. I personally don't like Stouffers Mac and Cheese b/c I'm a Kraft girl all the way. Plus lunch is a little bit quieter then dinner and less choatic. And if you want to talk to the Chef about anything on the menu- you can request to do so. I would also suggest to do LTT as your last meal of the day because you can get soooooooo stuffed. But I did enjoy CP for breakfast though espeically their Cheese and Hashbrown Pie yummy! Each restaurant has it's up and downs.

DisneyJen0504
05-26-2006, 05:33 PM
Definitely Crystal Palace for us! We go every trip.We tried LTT once and it was terrible so we never went back. We love Pooh and Friends at CP! :thumbsup2

Jrabbit910
05-26-2006, 05:56 PM
I think CP has better food of the two but I love LT as well. I think the character interaction is also better at CP, but I would much rather see Chip n Dale then Winne the Pooh.. I agree w/ the other posts that LT is like Thanksgiving, but the Mac and cheese isnt that great for the kids. :Pinkbounc

TruBlu
05-26-2006, 06:15 PM
We are doing to both for dinner in a couple of weeks. When is your trip? I'll let you know what we thought when we get back.

MickeyNicki
05-26-2006, 06:19 PM
Did not like LTT at all but we eat at CP all the time for dinner, never tried breakfast there.

checkwriter
05-26-2006, 08:05 PM
The food was better at CP; character interaction better at LT. That said, there was nothing wrong with the Thanksgiving-style food at LT, just that the food at CP was more adventuresome.

CindyT
05-27-2006, 09:24 AM
I have to agree with CP, the food is always good and the characters are great. When our son was small, they always spent a lot of time with him and provided lots of photo ops.

sjw4870
05-27-2006, 10:28 AM
I like the characters better at LTT (prefer Goofy, Chip, etc. to the Pooh characters) but I like the food and decor better at CP.

Went to CP for dinner for the first time in probably 15-20 years recently (wasn't even a character meal back then).I was so pleasantly surprised. Great service, wide variety of food and good quality for a theme park (I had very low expectations entering). I'll be back on my next trip!

Kind of hard to compare the food. LTT is kind of your basic Thanksgiving style meal; CP has 100's of items to choose from. Both have good food.

lajones81
05-27-2006, 12:07 PM
I prefer CP for dinner. Have a great time on your trip! :)

donaldtutter
05-27-2006, 01:49 PM
For dinner I prefer CP over LTT due to better and more choices of food and because we love piglet :thumbsup2

angwill
05-27-2006, 02:32 PM
I vote for LTT. The character interaction was the best and the food was great. My reasoning, and yours could be different, is that when I have walked in the park all day long my feet hurt and I just want to relax them. At LTT they serve your food to you family style and refill platters as needed rather than buffet that you have to get up and get your own food.

HTH

loveysbydesign
05-27-2006, 03:35 PM
We just got back from our 1st family trip to WDW this past Monday and we ate at LTT for an early dinner!!!! We LOVED it.....the character interaction was amazing....perhaps because we were ther at 4:15 and the characters were fresh. We had Minnie, Pluto, Goofy and Chip and Dale. Chip and Dale were especially friendly...the danced and did "Ring Around the Rosy" with my kids and Chip got down on the floor and played with my daughter and her "Bullseye" from Toy Story stuffed animal on the floor. We weren't going to do a character dinner as my 3 3/4 y.o dd was petrified of the characters the 1st 3 days we were there....by the end of the week she couldn't get enough of them so I booked the dinner. We loved the food but we are PA Dutch in background and longed for some 'from home' food so it was great for us, plus when we do a buffet by the time I get to sit down and eat everyone else is done eating-LOL. HTH! :thumbsup2

Blue62
05-30-2006, 12:51 AM
Crystal Palace. Better food. Thought LTT food was akin to a TV dinner. We had pretty good character interaction at both. No preference in that regard.

OnceUponAStar*
05-30-2006, 01:34 AM
I have to say I love LTT, the experience with the characters has always been amazing.

Minniespal
05-30-2006, 04:07 AM
We prefer LTT due to the characters there and also the food.

granmaz
05-30-2006, 05:05 AM
We are hoping to eat dinner at CP next time, so thanks for the positive info. :) We are an older couple, no children till the grandchildren are old enough, are we going to feel out of place?

Amyrlin
05-30-2006, 08:51 AM
We are going there as a couple as well :)

sunshinegirl
05-30-2006, 09:24 AM
We used to be CP junkies. We made sure that we went on every trip for years from the time we got married until are girls were a few years old. Then we discovered LTT a couple of years ago and have now started going there more often. I do like the LTT characters better. CP, to me, has really great breakfast. I don't care for their lunch or dinner as much.

As with all of the character meals, it seems to kind of depend on when you get there as to how much character interaction you get. Sometimes the very beginning or very end of the "shift" seems the best. And the food comes down to what you are used to eating at home.

In the end, either place will be what you make of it. And likely a terrific time!!

Eeyore2003
05-30-2006, 11:56 AM

Ditto!!! Although CP is not one of our favorite restaurants either, but we are eating there for the characters in October. LTT is our least favorite character meal, we didn't like the food or character interaction.

NatalieO
05-30-2006, 12:19 PM
Me and my kids just got back on Friday :guilty: and ate at both, hands down my kids liked LTT better, they loved the way the characters were dressed. But they are not really that crazy about Winnie the Pooh characters. I personally liked LTT better the rolls were great!

smep013
05-30-2006, 01:23 PM
We ate at LTT and will not again. The characters were great, Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, Chip & Dale - all came by our table a couple of times each. I liked the way they called you to your table... your party name and state. I thought that was neat.

The food was VERY heavy for June. Tasted fine, but way too much to eat in that heat. That's just me though.