PDA

View Full Version : Which Character Breakfast

Terk-1
05-09-2006, 10:06 AM
Was thinking of trying this for an early breakfast on my last day. Which would you recommend and why? How is the food? What about the service? How early does it open?

Crystal Palace
1900 Park Fare
O'Hana's
Chef Mickey's

scoolover
05-09-2006, 10:13 AM
The only one I have been to for breakfast is ohana and I liked it. They has sausage, bacon, eggs etc and the atmosphere was good. I think we had a 7:00 am and were at MK for the opening.

matt&jakesmom
05-09-2006, 10:19 AM
We always do Chef Mickey's on our last day. It is our way to say "goodbye" to our "friends" until next year. I think CM opens at 7 a.m. The food is wonderful and they have a great selection, sometimes it's hard what to choose from first. :goodvibes

LISAMWDW
05-09-2006, 12:15 PM
That's a tough one! They are all good! I'd do one that you haven't ever done before. If you haven't done any one of them before. I'd start with Chef Mickey's for your first Character breakfast! It's a classic!

cdntourguide
05-09-2006, 12:21 PM
Chef Mickey, Ohana's, and 1900park Faire all open at the same time: 7:00am
Crystal Palace opens at 8:00.

My favourite is 1900Park Faire, best ometlets and strawberry soup.
:banana: :thumbsup2

HalfDozen
05-09-2006, 12:50 PM
Depends on what you're going for.

If you like the classic characters, and want really excellent food, go to Chef Mickey's. They have one of the best buffets onsite that I've been to. The character interaction is pretty good - the service wasn't great (no one seemed happy to be there, when we went) but the rest of the experience was good and the food made it all worthwhile. Not super upscale brunch type food, but good/different/interesting as well as the standard breakfast fare.

If you don't like the germ-factor of a buffet, or have kids that you need to get and carry food for, I'd go for Ohana. The bread they bring out includes a pineapple bread that is to die for. The huge skillets of eggs/bacon/sausage are okay - nothing to write home about, but good enough. The fruit was wonderful (we got three plates of it), the aforementioned pineapple bread, and the Mickey Waffles were a big hit with the kids, as always. BUT - the servers are SO friendly and interactive here (Maybe because they come to your table so many times during the meal) and always happy to bring more (without us having to ask - they would offer first). The character interaction was awesome - Lilo and Stitch were really funny and spent lots of time at each table. They (without being asked) posed and interacted with each of our kids, held hands with them during the musical parade around the restaurant, even "told" them stories and were so gentle and sweet when the baby was scared at first. They also interacted very nicely with an adult couple seated near us, celebrating their anniversary. All in all, this was a vastly more pleasurable character breakfast for us (even if the food wasn't memorable - and that says a lot for a couple of foodies).

Terk-1
05-10-2006, 08:12 AM
Whoops. Forgot to mention that this is a solo trip. I was just thinking it would be good to get a full breakfast in the last morning and be at the Magic Kingdom right before opening. This way I can get in a good 2 1/2 hours in the MK before heading back to the resort to catch the bus to the airport.

Raevyn_Wolfe
05-10-2006, 10:41 AM
for character breakfasts I've done Ohana's, CP, and Donald's breakfastasaurus (I know that's not on your list).
Out of those three our favorite was Ohana's hand's down. I LOVE the character meals that are brought to you family style, all of it at Ohana's was good and the characters in Hawaiian garb was just so adorable.

bigbabyblues
05-10-2006, 06:38 PM
Crystal Palace, hands down! We love to go there for breakfast. I get an ADR before the park opens (non-EMH day), around 8:05 or 8:10, take some pictures with almost no one else in the park, and finish just as the park opens. It's a great breakfast, all the food is always good and there is a lot to choose from.

poohmomof3
05-10-2006, 07:38 PM
We had breakfast at the Crystal Palace last week and it was WONDERFUL! I highly recommend it!! Our PS was at 8:10 - the food & service were great, Pooh and Friends are sooo cute, the the restaurant is beautiful. Plus your in the MK, and you can't beat that.

Have fun!!

Terk-1
05-11-2006, 08:24 AM
Thanks everyone for your input. After reviewing everything, have decided on an early PS at the Crystal Palace. pooh: :eeyore: :tigger: This way I'm already in the park when it opens. It will also be the first time I've dined there for breakfast.