PDA

View Full Version : Help me pick a World Showcase restaurant

Marseeya
05-09-2006, 06:53 AM
I'd originally had ADRs for Coral Reef, but I decided to change it to a WS restaurant instead. I'm down to these choices, and I'd like to hear everybody's experiences with them.

Alfredo's
Teppanyaki (how does it compare to a regular teppanyaki restaurant? We go to them all the time, so maybe we'd be just as well of not doing this one if it's not special)
Chefs de France
Restaurant Marrakesh

I'm leaning towards Alfredo's.

Melrosgirl
05-09-2006, 06:57 AM
I'd choose Alfredo's

Letsbgoofy
05-09-2006, 07:15 AM
Teppanyaki - like it but it's just like our local Japanese restaurant.

Alfredo's - we live in an area with many "off the boat" Italians - nothing great here as far as I am concerned.

Chefs de France - haven't ever tried it, the food looks a little rich for me. I might like it, but my stomach wouldn't.

Marrakesh - One of our favorites. We can't get anything like it at home, and that makes it special. I love the beef brewat rolls (app.) an the beef shish kebob and veggie couscous. My DS (now 16) has been insisting we eat there since he was 8. Service is never great - a cultural thing?

MICKEEP
05-09-2006, 07:28 AM
Your reasons for not choosing Tepanyacki are right on the money....nothing special here.

Ate at Alfredos one time and the meal was just ok.

Marrakesh was our favorite restaurant in WDW until our last visit 12/05. We got terrible food , terrible non-existent service and the entertainment lasted for about 5 minutes during our 90 minutes there. Was our favorite, but we will never eat there again.

We have eaten at Chefs 3 times and everytime it has been great. Chefs would be your best bet. IMHO

Grumpy92
05-09-2006, 12:24 PM
I would suggest Chefs De France or Marrakesh. Both are very good and you get a show of sort too.
We did not care for Alfredos, felt jammed in there. The restaurant has tables very close to each other. The food was ok.

kellyf2626
05-09-2006, 12:30 PM
Well....not to be the odd person out...but I would choose Alfredo's. :thumbsup2 We always have great meals there, and the atmosphere is excellent with the singing! :sunny:

HalfDozen
05-09-2006, 12:39 PM
Le Cellier? :confused3 :goodvibes

JennyMominRI
05-09-2006, 12:41 PM
Marrakesh...The food is great

Marseeya
05-09-2006, 12:57 PM
Le Cellier? :confused3 :goodvibes

I'll be going there in September on the ladies only trip. :) I wanted something I wouldn't be trying on that trip.

jackmac
05-09-2006, 06:12 PM
Marrakesh is a great place and very different. Excellent food and nice music and belly dancer.
Chef's de Franc is also a favorite. I've always had a great time there. You may also want to think about Bistro de Paris or the Rose and Crown for outside dining.

minniemusician
05-09-2006, 08:20 PM
My two picks would be Marrakesh and Chefs de France. Both have incredible food and a wonderful atmosphere. We usually go to both of these restaurants for lunch and its usually not too crowded. This is especially true for Marrakesh. We go for lunch and theres hardly anyone in the restaurant. We always have great service. The waiters are very attentive, helpful, and they are some of the nicest people you will EVER meet!!

Of course, Chefs de France is realy good too! And if Bistro de Paris is open, thats a good place to try as well. Just be prepared to wait awhile if you want the chicken and expect to have a large crowd gather around you as its served...ahhh...

But really..both places are excellent! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Marseeya
05-09-2006, 08:47 PM
I don't think Bistro de Paris is on the dining plan. :(

So far, if I can get the ADR I want, we're going with Chefs de France and then Restaurant Marrakesh if we can't get it.

Thanks for the advice!