PDA

View Full Version : Earl of Sandwich - chain?

Jarv
05-09-2006, 06:42 AM
Is the "Earl of Sandwich" a chain in the U.S.? The way they sell t-shirts I thought it might be a British chain but I am sure its not either.

Melrosgirl
05-09-2006, 06:58 AM
I think the Disney location is the only location in Disney, but I was under the impression it was a well known "chain" in the UK.

Jarv
05-09-2006, 07:36 AM
Never seen (or heard of) one in our part of the UK..

mickeyfan2
05-09-2006, 07:38 AM
The DTD is their first store. They have plans to branch out.

OrlandoMike
05-09-2006, 07:40 AM
I may be wrong (Brain is just starting to work this am) but I think I remember hearing somewhere in Texas was next.....

Grumpy92
05-09-2006, 10:32 AM
You can go to their website at www.earlofsandwichusa.com.
It was started by the same people who created Planet Hollywood and the Hard Rock. They do have plans to expand. They are based in Orlando and the DTD location was their first store. They are a franchise.

micks
05-09-2006, 10:50 AM
They are definitly branching out - I read in our local paper that there is one coming to Indianapolis soon...

tjl1388
05-09-2006, 10:54 AM
I would love to open one in Atlanta, you could make a killing.

Tinkerbell_Girl
05-09-2006, 11:35 AM
I may be wrong (Brain is just starting to work this am) but I think I remember hearing somewhere in Texas was next.....

Please, please, please let it be in Houston! :teeth:

LISAMWDW
05-09-2006, 12:09 PM
Good question! I love Earl of Sandwich! It would be great if they grew national!

pumba
05-09-2006, 12:31 PM
just returned from Disney last night and we had to go to Eof S twice. IT was AWESOME. I had The full Montegu or something like that and also had the cannonball one (meatball sub) the bread was outstanding and both of my sandwiches were outstanding. The second time we went with our neighbors and the little boy had a tuna sandwich and it was HUGE.
Wish it would come to Maine

disneycrazycatlady
05-09-2006, 02:03 PM
We're getting one in the Mall at Wellington Green- Palm Beach County- Fl- There was a sign on one of the store fronts last weekend- Yay

Tinkerbell_Girl
05-09-2006, 04:09 PM
I sent an email to EOS asking if they were ever going to plan to build one in Houston and they said in about a week or so one will open in Sugarland TX!!! I will update as soon as they tell me the location for anyone interested.

Earl of Sandwich
The Shoppes at First Colony
1930 Highway 6
Sugar Land, TX 77479
Phone: 281-240-2408
Fax: 281-242-2416

Karnak
05-09-2006, 04:31 PM
Chain or not, the Earl Sandwich has to be the worst excuse for a Disney located eatery in the resort. When we ate there it was a madhouse, and nothing at all like Disney. Someday I'm gonna try and make a list of all the places we have eaten at WDW, and there's no doubt that the "Earl" will be at the bottom of the list.

Not a happy place at all.

wildernesslodgelover
05-09-2006, 04:34 PM
We're getting one in the Mall at Wellington Green- Palm Beach County- Fl- There was a sign on one of the store fronts last weekend- Yay

I saw that, too! Right across for California Pizza Kitchen! I pointed it out to DH and said, "Could it be true? Could it be *the* EOS???" I really live that place a lot, I think it is a great sandwich for the $$!

BTW...i JUST LOVE :love: the Wellington Green Mall!

Kae
05-09-2006, 06:57 PM
They are definitly branching out - I read in our local paper that there is one coming to Indianapolis soon...
That would be to cool!

Kae

Gary M
05-09-2006, 07:07 PM

We really enjoy the EOS. I must have missed the article in The Star about the EOS in Indy. Do you remember the location?

KilleriMac17
05-09-2006, 08:04 PM
Chain or not, the Earl Sandwich has to be the worst excuse for a Disney located eatery in the resort. When we ate there it was a madhouse, and nothing at all like Disney. Someday I'm gonna try and make a list of all the places we have eaten at WDW, and there's no doubt that the "Earl" will be at the bottom of the list.

Blasphemy! its one of my favorite places, its a madhouse cuz its good and popular. Feel free to find a slow crappy place to eat. pirate:

Aimeedyan
05-09-2006, 08:17 PM
I thought EOS was okay but still don't understand the hype - I found it quite pricey for a sandwich shop compared to other competitors but perhaps they will lower prices once out of the tourist area. Sandwiches were good but not any better than sandwiches at other big chains. Maybe it's a huge hit among WDW visitors because there are few places like that on property?

That being said, I think it's a nice looking place - very well decorated and cozy inside. Breakfast there is very relaxing!

FLonMYmind
05-09-2006, 09:53 PM
I thought EOS was okay but still don't understand the hype - I found it quite pricey for a sandwich shop compared to other competitors but perhaps they will lower prices once out of the tourist area. Sandwiches were good but not any better than sandwiches at other big chains. Maybe it's a huge hit among WDW visitors because there are few places like that on property?

That being said, I think it's a nice looking place - very well decorated and cozy inside. Breakfast there is very relaxing!

EOS pricey?? I don't know where you've been buying sandwiches but for one that size and that fresh, it is a GREAT value. We will be eating there at least twice during our stay next week. We LOVE EOS!!!!!

Aimeedyan
05-09-2006, 10:09 PM
EOS pricey?? I don't know where you've been buying sandwiches but for one that size and that fresh, it is a GREAT value. We will be eating there at least twice during our stay next week. We LOVE EOS!!!!!

It's an $8 lunch without tax or any dessert... I think that's a little high for a sandwich and chips but I'm cheap and I admit it. I pay way less than that for mom and pop sandwiches places back home; heck, even at Panera it's cheaper than that for sandwich, soup, bread, and drink. All just as good and fresh.

But at Disney - yes, it's a good value for many. ESPECIALLY at DtD which is lacking some in quick service places. It's just as cheap as the Mickey Ds there and obviously far superior in quality =) For what it is, there at Disney, it's good. But I wouldn't make a point of dining there back home because I think it's overpriced.

:)

wildernesslodgelover
05-10-2006, 06:30 AM
All the sandwiches are $5, right? And they are huge...DH and I split one. We thought they were such a great deal we bought another to take back to the resort.

Nancyg56
05-10-2006, 07:11 AM

I thought that I was the only person on the planet wha did not like EOS. We had our last lunch there, and I was feeling so stressed by the time that we got our food that I swore we would never endure it again. It felt like cattle herded thru a production line.

ddiva
05-10-2006, 08:00 AM
I'm planning on eating at EOS for the first time on our next trip. How long is it taking to actually get your sandwich (from order to sitting down)? I can't imagine it being longer than CS at one of the parks.

Slapster
05-10-2006, 08:18 AM
I found it quite pricey for a sandwich shop compared to other competitors

Of all the adjectives to describe EOS, I would never think "pricey"! For the size and quality of the sandwich, $4.95 is an amazing value.

disneycrazycatlady
05-10-2006, 10:59 AM
I'm planning on eating at EOS for the first time on our next trip. How long is it taking to actually get your sandwich (from order to sitting down)? I can't imagine it being longer than CS at one of the parks.
Even when the line is snaked almost out the door- it moves very quickly- the last time I was there when the line was long- we only waited about 10-15 minutes to order and then once you order it doesnt take long at all- about another 10 minutes or less. This has been my experience.

And also- I do not think this place is pricey at all. The food is delicious too.

wildernesslodgelover
05-10-2006, 11:09 AM
I have posted on other threads about EOS to NOT be put off by the long line. The line snakes through to room and looks really long, but I was amazed at how quickly it moved.

lowie
05-10-2006, 11:24 AM
you took the post right out of my hands!! ;)
i'm about 3 miles from there. where do you live? i'm looking forward to it opening as it's not on my list of must-dos for our trip next week.

disneycrazycatlady
05-10-2006, 12:29 PM
you took the post right out of my hands!! ;)
i'm about 3 miles from there. where do you live? i'm looking forward to it opening as it's not on my list of must-dos for our trip next week.
Hi Lori- I live about in Royal Palm- about 15 minutes north of the Mall- Nice to meet you- Your kids are younger than mine- I have a DS that is 20 and a DD who is 14- Di your kids go to schools in Wellington?- My son goes to FAU in Boca and myu daughter will be going to Dreyfoos HS for the ARts in August- (she goes to BAK now). Send me a PM if you want- Rhona

lowie
05-10-2006, 03:53 PM
Hi Lori- I live about in Royal Palm- about 15 minutes north of the Mall- Nice to meet you- Your kids are younger than mine- I have a DS that is 20 and a DD who is 14- Di your kids go to schools in Wellington?- My son goes to FAU in Boca and myu daughter will be going to Dreyfoos HS for the ARts in August- (she goes to BAK now). Send me a PM if you want- Rhona
i'm also in royal palm, right on 441. both my kids are in a charter school in royal palm. maybe we can meet for the opening of EOS for lunch!
:::posted and PM'ed:::

mrzrich
05-10-2006, 04:05 PM
Read an article in Sunday's paper saying one would soon be in Tampa