PDA

View Full Version : Should I take my chances with the Dining Plan?

Mickey527
05-08-2006, 10:43 PM
I am going to WDW from May 25th to June 1 and staying at my DVC.
This will be my annual birthday trip to WDW. In the past I have always celebrated my birthday at Le Cellier. I have had my birthday dinner at LeCellier since 1995 except for 2004 when I was going through chemo.
I just decided today that I would try the Dining Plan while I was there. Today I called to make some reservations for dinners during my stay.
I know that it is Memorial Day weekend and I should have called before this for reservations, but I had surgery two weeks ago and have been a little out of sorts.
Anyway, LeCellier is totally booked for the entire time I am there. I could have booked lunch on the 1st day I arrive at 2:15 but my plane lands at 1, that would be cutting it really close.
So I tried Alfredos's. Totally booked. Rose and Crown..booked.
I was told that I could either go to Yachtsman's Steakhouse, Hoop Dee Doo, both 2 meal points.
Nothing else was available for booking.
What do you think my chances would be of getting seating for walk in? I figure I would go to the restaraunt around 3 and see if there were any cancellations that day and if there is grab it. Time doesn't matter to me, I won't have to plan my day around feeding kids, we adults can work out our eating as needed.
So, what do you think my chances of getting ressies in any or all of the better places to eat, or do you think my using the Dining plan might be a waste this time around? Peggie

kidsister
05-08-2006, 10:58 PM
Just got back from the World, and ate for the first time at Le Cellier.
I now can understand why you have eaten there since 1995!

We had ressies and still had to wait to be seated, and they were turning people away at the door. BUT....I have often gone up to one of the restaurants (most recently Brown Derby and Sci Fi) and been told there is nothing and then called WDWDIning on the phone that day and gotten a great ressie.

I think you should make late dining ressies at the 'open' restaurants and then call same day for Le Cellier and others (try Wolfgang Puck's ..it is really good)

Worst case scenario: wear your birthday button and plead your case and maybe tip the maitre d $5.00.

Hope it all works out!

Goofy4WDW1964
05-09-2006, 03:56 PM
I know you can get the dining plan with an annual pass. But, was hoping there was some other way of doing the dining plan when you are staying DVC. We are going the first week of June and would like to try it.

JennyMominRI
05-09-2006, 03:59 PM
I know you can get the dining plan with an annual pass. But, was hoping there was some other way of doing the dining plan when you are staying DVC. We are going the first week of June and would like to try it.
You can get the Dining experience with an AP but not the dining plan... You can get the dining plan with DVC

SLM
05-09-2006, 04:05 PM
I would try everyday you are there to see if there's a cancellation or an opening. Good luck, I hope you have a wonderful trip!

Goofy4WDW1964
05-09-2006, 04:45 PM
How do you get the dining plan with DVC? I had read somewhere on here that they were going to allow the dining plan with DVC. But, I called 407-WDW-DINE today and they said that I couldn't get it with DVC. I made it clear to her that I was not talking about the free dining plan.

Should I just call back to see if I get a different cast member?

ronw
05-09-2006, 04:59 PM
Goofy4WDW1964
Call member services - they can book it for you!

goofyforlife
05-09-2006, 05:11 PM
Mickey,

I am going during that same time too and I tried to rearranged one of our days and everything was booked. (We also had the same trouble two years ago during Memorial Day when we didn't plan ahead other than Cindy's breakfest for my DD)

I just hope we don't have to cancel anything.

I would try as the other posters suggest trying for last minute cancellations if your plans are flexible. (the Le Cellier ADR will probably be a no go though.)

Goofy4WDW1964
05-10-2006, 08:57 AM
Goofy4WDW1964
Call member services - they can book it for you!

I am going to give them a call. I made all of our reservations last night so hopefully, I won't have any trouble getting the plan.