PDA

View Full Version : HELP!change from regular to DDP (not enough credits)

fizz13
05-08-2006, 06:03 PM
Hi guys, if anyone can help, you all can. I had booked a trip to August with seperate components and was not eligable for DDP. Well turns out I could save about $300 if I book a package with disney including dining which I didn't have before , so real saving of about $600. Dilema is this: I have made ADRs for the trip but will not have enough credits as I seem to have gone for signature (2 credit) places over regular restaurants. please help me prioritise and give me opinions of which you would do OR better alternatives. The trip is for me and DH and will be a honeymoon of sorts so think romantic :love: heres the dining itinerary as is:

2nd: San Angel Inn (D)

3rd: ANIMAL KINGDOM AM/ MGM EVE
Breakfastasaurus, Hollywood Brown Derby (Fant. D.P.)

4th:EPCOT DAY/ ILLUMINATION CRUISE
Kona cafe (B), Le Cellier(D)

5th:MK DAY
Kona Cafe (L), Tonys Town Square (D)

6TH: STUDIOS AM/ (MK EMH?)
ohana (D)

7th: FREE DAY/ SPA TREATMENT
California Grill (D)

8TH: GO HOME 5PM, NO PLANS YET

Will be anxiously waiting on all your ideas,
Claire xx

SLM
05-08-2006, 08:10 PM
You've got some great choices! I don't think of the Kona Cafe as being exactly romantic-would you be willing to part with one of those reservations? I wouldn't change the California Grill, Le Cellier or the San Angel Inn. Tony's gets mixed reviews, but we enjoyed dinner there very much. I'd suggest looking through those guidebooks and deciding what appeals most to you-good luck! :)

Vavasmon
05-08-2006, 09:04 PM
If it were me I would elimante the Kona lunch (use some of you CS credits instead), keep the Kona for breakfast and pay out of pocket - their breakfast are very good, very large portions, and not badly priced. My DH would tell you the kona coffee press pot is a must and that is not included on the dinining plan.

I would keep Hollywood Brown Derby for Fantasmic; LeCellier, and the California Grill (5 of your 6 credits).
That leaves the Donald's Breakfast, Tony's, 'Ohanna, and San Angle. We have eaten at all but San Angle.

Other than seeing Donald Duck I would not do the character breakfast at AK - grab a small bite to eat the hotel and have an early lunch at either Tusker House or Flame Tree BBQ in the AK (both of which are good use of CS credits and I think serve good food).

We love 'Ohanna so that would be a must do for us. As the previous poster noted Tony's is hit or miss. I can't comment on the San Angle. Another option is pay OOP for 1 or more of these.

fizz13
05-09-2006, 05:51 AM
Thanks for the ideas, think cancelling Donalds and Tonys is probably the way to go,as well as Kona lunch. Any other suggestions?
Claire xx