PDA

View Full Version : Best CS at MGM

kathyg
05-08-2006, 04:36 PM
Why does MGM lag behind in CS restaurants? Is there one that is consistently good? The other parks seem to have a much better selection of CS meals, while those at MGM always get panned. There has to be one? Yes/No/Maybe?

estnh
05-08-2006, 04:47 PM
We are just back last week, and I am sad to report that there is still not a good counter service in MGM. We had not tried the Flatbread Grill, so tried that this trip. Big mistake! This place is so AWFUL it makes the ABC Commissary seem good. Why they call it the Flatbread Grill is a real quandry--there is absolutely nothing on the menu that resembles or imitates flatbread of any sort!

Later in the week we ended up having a quick lunch at at Backlot Express, just because we didn't feel like walking any further, and it wasn't that bad, so if I had to pick one, Backlot would be it, but still not as good as most counter services in other parks.

HOGFAN
05-08-2006, 06:08 PM
I had the cuban sandwich at the ABC commissary and it was really good. DH had the fish and chips and said it was 'okay'

kathyg
05-09-2006, 08:46 AM
anyone else?

disneyfans4ever
05-09-2006, 09:25 AM
I agree I think MGM lacks in both good CS and TS places, but we usually eat at either Backlot or Rosa's All-American Cafe (by TTOT and RRC) and both have been fine every time we've gone. It is your typical menu....but I've really liked everything I've gotten so I can't complain!

Lanie
05-09-2006, 11:42 AM
Backlot Express, definately. Last time, my fiancee had the burger and I had the Chicken Asian salad. He said that the burger was ok, but that next time he will take the salad. It was really good!

Our next CS at MGM will be the salad at the Backlot Express, for sure :wave2:

KIRSTIN'S MOMMY
05-09-2006, 11:45 AM
We always wind up at Backlot Express too, seems to be the only one that's consistant. It's not fine dining, but for burgers and chicken fingers it's ok.

LISAMWDW
05-09-2006, 11:51 AM
MGM does not have great counter service. That being said, the best I've found is Pizza Planet. We go always go here and are satisfied.