PDA

View Full Version : Scrapbooks Etc

Queenie
05-08-2006, 04:28 PM
Just managed to get an international subscription to this mag for $30 for the year - yay! They said the first issue I'd get would be Aug/Sept, can someone please tell me what issue is out there now so I can have a guess at when the Aug/Sept issue is due out?

Sad I'm gonna miss the summer issues (they're always so bright and full of colour) but at least I'll be getting it soon!

Thanks!

BernardandMissBianca
05-08-2006, 05:49 PM
May/June is out right now. PM me with your addy if you would like a copy. And I can also keep an eye out for a July issue if one comes out. It looks like there are 8 issues a year. Sometimes if a magazine is for the month of August it can be out in July, depends on the publisher.
I find it odd you couldn't get it in a bookstore there. We get British scrap magazines here all the time, I buy them at Borders.

Let me know if you would like me to mail it to you. ;)

Stephres
05-08-2006, 07:28 PM
I sent you April's: you haven't gotten it yet? I would be happy to mail you the summer copies as well (maybe we can take turns?).

Queenie
05-09-2006, 08:40 AM
Yeah I got it stephres - did you not get the PM I sent you to say thanks?

I looked all over for the US mags. I can buy them through UK scrap shops but they charge over $10 once you've got the postage on top of their charge and it's too much for a mag! I feel really bad asking people to pick them up for me in the USA, is there any way I can pay you for them? I don't mind who buys them though, I don't wanna pick one person over the other!!!

BernardandMissBianca
05-09-2006, 06:32 PM
I found 2 in my magazine stash. One is from Dec 2004 and the other is July/August 2005 I can grab the current one and mail them all to you if you want. No money necessary, we have a scrapper in need!
I prefer Creating Keepsakes so I just copied the few things I wanted out of the Scrapbooks Etc. mags.

Steph you sent the first round out so I don't mind sending this one.

I hear you about the cost, DH buys British car magazines at $10-15 a piece. :rolleyes:

Queenie
05-10-2006, 06:11 AM
Well if there are any car mags he would like then just drop me a PM and I'll send one over. Will PM you my address if you're happy to do this, those mags will weigh a lot! I have the July/Aug 05 issue from when I was there last year (little girl on the cover "smiling & swinging"?) Thanks for the other 2 though! The one Steph sent was the one with "240 ideas to steal" on the cover.

BernardandMissBianca
05-10-2006, 11:41 AM
I need to go to the bookstore today and Michael's(shhhh) so I will grab the current issue and they will be out by weeks end. Anything else you need? Paper, embellishments, stickers? Send me you addy! :teeth:

BernardandMissBianca
05-11-2006, 04:41 PM
Hey Queenie,
I've got everything together and I'm going postal in the morning. I hope you like lime and lemon because that is what mostly ended up in the bag.

Let me know when you get everything! :thumbsup2

Queenie
05-14-2006, 09:09 AM
Love them both! Yum! I'll keep my eye out, that makes it 3 great scrapping packages I'm expecting and there's a 4th due at mum's! Hoping for a great week of post to make up for the hard work I have to do!

I can get cherry bakewells but I really wouldn't wanna risk posting them, you'll most likely get a squished mush in the mail and there's strict customs restrictions on food going into the US and I think they'd be included as they're made with dairy products :(

Thank you!!!!!!