PDA

View Full Version : Last minute dining at Epcot. Also Boardwalk dining

wellsy
05-08-2006, 02:05 PM
Hi

We have 3 days left here and have made a last minute desicion to visit Epcot tomorrow (Tue 9th May) to use up the last day on our pass. We would usually plan well in advance and reserve a table at the Rose and Crown followed by the fireworks. Unfortunately as we only decided this today, we have been unable to get a table there. WDW-DINE recommended Alfredos and that they had a table (conviniently!) for us at 7.45 pm.

Q. I have read here that the food is pretty good but is this a good place to see the Fireworks as I know it is away from the lake.(unlike Rose and Crown) Would we have to fight our way to a decent viewing place when we leave the restaurant? If so we will probably cancel the reservation and eat out of the park.

Also, we are playing mini golf tonight at Fantazia and will probably wander around the boardwalk afterwards, any recommendations for food there? We would be just turning up.

Thanks.

wildernesslodgelover
05-08-2006, 02:16 PM
Hi and welcome to the Disboards! :wave2:

Hmm, as far as Epcot dining and fireworks, I am not too sure about viewing areas. I will say that is you are a little bit adventurous, I bet you could get into Marrakesh at the Morrocco Pavilion. It seems to always be available as many people are apprehensive, but I think it is DELISH!

As far as BW...my DH LOVES :love: going to the ESPN club there. I am not really into "sports bars" and the food is not "WOW" but even I agree it is a fun place for some beer and wings. Big River Grill and Brewery is also on the BW...I have not eaten there so I cannot vouch for the food...I think I have read mixed reviews on this board.

Have fun!

wellsy
05-08-2006, 04:27 PM
Thanks for the info - We are off out now for some mini golf followed by ESPN at Boardwalk.

Any more on the Epcot issue for tomorrow anyone?