PDA

View Full Version : GF Private Dining--No DDE?

YCFAN
05-08-2006, 01:55 PM
I called GF private dining and they do not accept the DDE card. Anyone know why when all the restaurants at the hotel do?

webray
05-08-2006, 02:23 PM
I called GF private dining and they do not accept the DDE card. Anyone know why when all the restaurants at the hotel do?

DDE is not accepted at Chef's table at V&A's either. Doesn't matter why, that is just the rules. Also, not accepted on major holidays and any other day a restaurant decides not to accept it at their discretion of course.

YCFAN
05-08-2006, 03:45 PM
It may not MATTER why, I was asking the question. I wanted to know if there was a general rule or something about room service or private parties at the resorts. It is getting exceedingly difficult to ask a simple question on these boards without getting some sort of snippy a$$ little comment back.

agnes!
05-08-2006, 04:32 PM
Not sure why, but I don't remember that *any* resort's room service honors the DDE. And usually the resort fast food/CS options don't honor the DDE either, if that resort has a TS/sit-down restaurant. (The only exception to this that I am aware of is Port Orleans/Riverside's food court.)

agnes!
PS - Ummm, for what it's worth, webray's reply didn't seem all that much like a snippy a$$ little comment to me. But that's the problem with message boards/e-mail/the Internet...you can't hear a person's tone of voice.

YCFAN
05-08-2006, 04:43 PM
Maybe it wasn't intended that way if not I apologize but it seems that I've read so many replies lately that there was no doubt that the OP was being attacked for simply asking a question. I find that I really don't like the tone of some of the responses lately and I think maybe it's time to take a break. I realize I've gotten off topic of my own thread but I hope people realize that when posters ask a question they don't want a smart answer, to be accused of being a troll, or any other kind of put down. I always thought this was a helpful board and was the reason I chose to become a lifetime sponsor. I've just seen recently people responding as though they're better than the poster because they are either a little more knowledgeable and go to Disney more often. If information wasn't needed or wanted then there wouldn't be a board. Maybe I'VE become too sensitive to it.

Sorry, rant over.

Amyrlin
05-08-2006, 05:11 PM
I think it is because DDE is mant for discounts on Table Service Restruants only, ther eis a consession in some areas where ther eis not a TS, but provate dining, room service etc are not table service resturants.

YCFAN
05-08-2006, 05:20 PM
That makes sense. I guess I really didn't think about it not being for other than TS. I had called and asked because I was booking a really nice dining event through GF private dining and thought about the DDE after I had already booked the menu. The DDE COULD have saved me more than $350, even more than that actually when you consider the extra tax I wouldn't have to pay. Of course this doesn't mean I'm going to cancel the party. It would have been nice to use it for this but it was an afterthought and did not determine whether or not I would do the event. Oh well. I'll still be happy with it to use for the rest of the week.

Chuck S
05-08-2006, 06:00 PM
Remember that the DDE was originally designed for Florida residents, not all AP holders. It was a discount to encourage locals to frequent WDW restaurants, not room service.

DVCconvert
05-08-2006, 06:27 PM
It may not MATTER why, I was asking the question. I wanted to know if there was a general rule or something about room service or private parties at the resorts.

I hope my "tone" doesn't offend - certainly not intended to.

DDE has never been available for room service or private dining/parties anywhere ever on property. It is/was intended to give "relief to" and 'encourage repeat business to' select theme park and resort eateries as well to act as a conduit for DDE clients to be informed and invited to special events (no discounts).
So yes, I think you can consider this a 'general rule'.

HTH!
:)

YCFAN
05-08-2006, 06:56 PM
HTH!

Yes, actually that does. I've been a repeat visitor for many years now but am new to the Disney Dining Experience when I realized just how much $$ I had been spending at TS restaurants where I could save the 20% with a simple purchase of the card for $60. This is the kind of information (history) about something that does clear things up and helps me to be more informed. I really am sorry if I have offended anyone with my tone but when I initially read the first response from Webray I really did take it as being snippy. Perhaps it was because I've been reading all these weird posts today about people reacting strangely to someone drowning at one of the resorts, another thread where people don't like the pictures someone's posting and I felt like I was repeatedly hearing all these negative comments. :confused3

I guess I just took it wrong. My sincere apologies Webray. :grouphug: