PDA

View Full Version : Which Princess meal to pick???

jeniferrice
05-08-2006, 02:46 PM
DD has never been to Disney before and she's 4 1/2. Likes the princesses, but doesn't love them as much as Minnie Mouse...that's the main person she wants to see at Disney.

So, do I do Cinderella's Royal Table? Is it worth the price of the food (or using 2 of my credits person) to do this one?

OR

Cinderalla at 1900 Park Faire (dinner so we can see Cinderella, the prince and the mice)

OR

Princesses at Aklershus

I'm sure we'll be going back to Disney in a few years so it's not like this is a once in a lifetime thing, but she may not be into them much more by then either.

Is the castle such a special thing to do that I shouldn't miss it?

Thanks.

Jen

ttownanne
05-08-2006, 02:54 PM
We took our daughter for her 4th birthday last year and were so happy to get into the Princess Storybook dinner. Unfortunately, they make NO concessions to kids insofar as the food and unless your DD is very adventurous she likely will not eat the dinner offered. We were disappointed with that particular aspect of the experience, although all the princesses were wonderful.

If she's not full-bore into all the princesses, I highly recommend Cinderella's Royal Gala at 1900 Park Fare. The food was great, the interaction with the characters was so special, and we felt it was really worth the time and money.

lady_hlh
05-08-2006, 07:44 PM
My DD who was 3 loved the PSB dinner with the variety of princesses. We saw Ariel, Belle, Alice, Aurora and Cinderella the night that we went. My daughter liked that the kids menu had a meal of a broiled chix breast with potato instead of just the regular hot dog, hamburger and chicken strips that are on the other menus. The restaraunt building looked enough like a castle that she wasn't dissapointed that we couldn't get a reservation at CRT.

millerjudi
05-08-2006, 10:08 PM
If your daughter really wants to see Minnie Mouse, why not go to Chef Mickey's. We went there for breakfast and both of my kids (DD age 6, DS age 8) loved it. The food was pretty good, but get there about 45 minutes before you want to eat as the line to get in was really long, even with an ADR.

roliepolieoliefan
05-08-2006, 10:21 PM
Definetly try Chef Mickeys for Minnie Mouse. We took DD there last year for her 2nd birthday. She dressed up like Minnie and was a big hit.

As for the Princesses. We ate at the CRT breakfast last September before all the changes. Is it nice? yes. Worth 2 TS credits? In my opinion, absolutely not! The food was OK, but we felt rushed, the princesses spent more time with my DD at the judges tent in Toontown.

We seen the Norway princess meal through the windows when we were in Epcot. There were a wide variety of Princesses, but my family would never eat the food.

We are taking DD to 1900 Park Fare dinner for her 3rd birthday. Good Luck!