PDA

View Full Version : Garden Grill or Ohana?

peacelovemickey
05-08-2006, 01:40 PM
Need opinions please.....Originally planned on driving to Disney and arriving on a Monday evening and made ADR for Garden Grill. This was going to be the kick-off to the trip. (We are not on DDP and plan on dong one character meal for each child....DD gets Cindy's and DS was going to get GG) Now travel plans have changed and we are arriving early Monday morning. :cool1: My question is this...would it be more magical to have a "kick-off" dinner at GG or "send off" breakfast Friday at Ohana? We are leaving out of Ft. Lauderdale at 8:00 PM, so we are going to have a few morning hours to kill. My son is a huge fan of Mickey and Stitch so I think either would be magical for him. TIA

rrkman
05-08-2006, 01:48 PM
DW and I went a few years ago and the only eating experience that I still remember is the Garden Grill. Nothing was extraordinary, but as a whole, we loved it. Good food, good character interaction, good theme/atmosphere. It was the first on our list of ADRs for next week.

Don't know anything about Ohana but we are staying at Poly and picked Kona Cafe for dinner instead.

WDW2000
05-08-2006, 02:01 PM
Ohana's is the best dining experience in all of WDW and always kick off every trip the first night there. The atmosphere is amazing with views of the magic kingdom and lagoon. The food is great, creative, and served in a unique and fun way. The service is impeccable. It is always such a great, fun time at Ohana's and a must if you haven't done it yet. I've only tried the dinner, so not sure what the breakfast is like - but I'm sure it is just as good.