PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic Dinner Package or Sci-Fi

mdevries
05-08-2006, 09:15 AM
We're going to WDW at the end of July with two kids and DH. I'm trying to decide whether to do the Fantasmic! Dinner Package at the Hollywood & Vine (I've read lots of posts of people who don't like it) OR eat at the Sci-Fi and then go to the Fantasmic. Is it worth doing the dinner package just to get seats at Fantasmic? How long would I have to wait if I didn't do the dinner package? I've heard the Sci-Fi is such a great place - I think my kids would love it.

disneyinseptember
05-08-2006, 09:22 AM
We ate at Sci Fi last year and LOVED it! My kids thought it was the best part of MGM. The food served at the places that participate in the pkg. doesn't really appeal to us. We decided for our trip this year, we are going to do lunch at either Sci fi or 50's Prime time, then grab some counter service food to take into the theatre with us an hour before the show starts. This way, eating dinner will make the wait go by faster, we should be able to get great seats, AND we get to go to one of the cool themed restaurants.

missy522
05-08-2006, 10:46 AM
I just cancelled my ADR for H&V Fantasmic for the same reason. I may add Sci-Fi for lunch or just do counter service that day. I don't know the ages of your children, but what I have decided to do is go to the 10:30pm Fantasmic.(Check the show times for the dates of your stay - some days have 1 show, some days 2) I have read that the crowds are smaller, thus you might not have to get there soooo early. Just a thought!