PDA

View Full Version : Need help picking 4 more table service...

GillieRose
05-08-2006, 08:03 AM
Hi we have 8 table service meals to do and I have 4 places picked out so far..
So far I have picked out 1900 Fare with Cinderella, Crystal Palace for Breakfast, Concourse Steakhouse and Le Cellier. Any suggestions? Still need a place for Disney studios? The last time we went to SCI FI. It was okay but we want to try some new things. We have done the Castle, Chef Mickey and Norway the last time also. Would love some help here. :wave2:

NYMomof4
05-08-2006, 08:33 AM
We liked Kona Cafe last year (awesome desserts) and are trying Wilderness Canyon Cafe this year for the hoopla for the kids. THe CM I spoke with for our ADRs also recommended Raglan Road when I asked about it (in DTD). It looks like you have a variety planned so have some fun trying new ones :)

lovinwdw
05-08-2006, 08:55 AM
Still need a place for Disney studios? The last time we went to SCI FI. It was okay but we want to try some new things. We have done the Castle, Chef Mickey and Norway the last time also. Would love some help here. :wave2:
We had dinner at Mema Melrose at MGM last year and really liked it. the food was really good. this year we're trying Hollywood & Vine. Both of these places get mixed reviews, but we really enjoyed Mama Melrose. We also enjoyed Spoodles on the Boardwalk last year for dinner.

disneyfans4ever
05-08-2006, 09:10 AM
We tried O'hana this past December and absolutely loved it. It was a great atmosphere and the food was delicious as far as I'm concerned. We've never had a great experience dining at MGM. We tried 50's Prime Time also last December and did not have the greatest food or server so I don't think we would try it again, but everyone's opinion is different and we might have just had a "off-night" Since you want to try a new dining experience these would be the three I would suggest:
1. O'hana
2. Tony's Town Square
3. Whispering Canyon Cafe

2giddy4wdw
05-08-2006, 11:22 AM
Here are just a few ideas:

Ohana's
Tony's
Cape May Cafe at The Beach Club
50's Prime Time
Biergarten

Good luck deciding!!!!

stschaefer
05-08-2006, 01:13 PM
My suggestions:

Coral Reef
Kona Cafe
Whispering Canyon
Mama Melrose
an alternate choice - San Angel Inn

GillieRose
05-08-2006, 02:25 PM
We probably will do Whispering Canyon. We did it last time and the kids had alot of fun. Coral reef is out because I didn't see anything my daughter would eat. Garden Grill and Ohana are maybe's right now. Keep the ideas coming please.

momandseandodisney
05-08-2006, 02:36 PM
Hi we have 8 table service meals to do and I have 4 places picked out so far..
So far I have picked out 1900 Fare with Cinderella, Crystal Palace for Breakfast, Concourse Steakhouse and Le Cellier. :

We picked 1900 PF, crystal P. and Le Cellier as well.

We also picked . . .
Ohana's (dinner)
LTT
Boma
50's prime time
whispering C.
Coral Reef
Hollywood and Vine
those are our 10 free dinning plan nights (table ser. of course)

elastigirl
05-08-2006, 03:12 PM
I would suggest looking at the menus for:

Boma
Kona
'Ohana
Marrakesh
50's Prime Time
WCC

sameyeyam
05-08-2006, 03:20 PM
Ohana - took two 14yo's and one 7yo this spring. Lots of fun stuff for kids that want to be interactive (hula lesson, coconut/broom races, limbo), but if they don't that's fine they can just sit and eat. No one pushes them to join.
Even the "too cool teenagers" eventually joined in on the fun!
We will be doing this one again next year. Food was good also.

Wolfgang Puck Cafe at Downtown Disney - we all thought the quality of food was great.

Coral Reef - was very cool & relaxing. If you take the latest lunch sitting, menu is a little more limited, but you can get a table right next to the aquarium.

Note: Both of these are on the Disney Dining Plan as well. The kids have begged me to go back to the Ohana next year! That's a first for any of the Disney restaurants!

Karnak
05-08-2006, 03:26 PM
Magic Kingdom - Tony’s Town Square Restaurant
Epcot - Future World - Coral Reef
Epcot - World Showcase - San Angel Inn
Disney MGM Studios - Hollywood Brown Derby
Animal Kingdom - TIE - Flame Tree Barbecue / Pizzafari *
In the Resorts - California Grill
Downtown Disney - House of Blues

* All of the above are table service EXCEPT for the two in the Animal Kingdom. If I want to eat at a picnic table near a lake, I eat at the Flame Tree, however if I want to eat in an air conditioned spot, I stop at the Pizzafari.

Hope this helps a bit.

Enjoy.

HalfDozen
05-08-2006, 03:29 PM
For MGM, I highly recommend Mama Melrose's. It was exceptional. (And very, very filling.)

GillieRose
05-08-2006, 03:39 PM
Thank you for the suggestions. I am going to check out the menus right now.