PDA

View Full Version : Sharing meals at Disney....

sphmaz
05-08-2006, 07:58 AM
Do they frown upon sharing? I hate to spend the money on a meal for either of my children when I know they probably wont eat it. Will Disney frown upon DH and I sharing our meals with the kids? Do they add in a "plate sharing" charge (I'm OK with this)?

thanks!
Sue

mikmin
05-08-2006, 08:10 AM
:thumbsup2 No problem in sharing. My DH & I always share, as a mater of fact, they will your food out on separate plates. The only time you can't share is at dinner shows and character meals where there is a buffet.

Quick trip 5-23 to 5-31 OKW Studio
Sister's only trip 9-27 to 10-6 BWV Studio :drinking1 FW & MNSSHP 10-2 :maleficen :hmghost:
Family trip BWV 1-Bedroom 12-1 to 12-11 :santa: MVMCP 12-2 & CP

missy522
05-08-2006, 09:55 AM
I have the same question. We have ADR's for Hoop-De-Doo and Crystal Palace, which I know we can't share. But what about the rest of our TS - Teppanyaki, Le Cellier, San Angel Inn, and Sci-Fi? Can we share at any of these? If so, which would be the best to share at, i.e. the most food? With appetizer, entree, and dessert there's no way the 4 of us can eat that much at one meal! Thanks :)

maggiew
05-08-2006, 11:09 AM
We share all the time. My DDs are "adults" in disney's eyes, but can't eat a full adult meal. So we usually share 2 meals between the 4 of us. DH sometimes gets an appetizer too if he is hungrier than normal or the portions are too small (never an issue at Disney). We obviously do not share at the buffets or dinner shows, etc. But since the kids have become adults, we have minimized our trips to those and try to go to the "order off the menu" type places so that we can share. Its never been a problem and they usually split the entrees in the kitchen and bring each person half on a plate.

Missy,
Of the places you listed, we have shared at Teppanyaki and Sci Fi. Teppanyaki was before the dining plan. I have heard they are more strict now, but can't say from personal experience. When we shared there, the chef piled veggies, rice etc. on each of my and DD's plate and then just split the meat between us. At Sci Fi, DH and I shared the flat iron steak sandwich. We didn't share at LeCellier, but that was because we were on the Candlelight Processional package. But I was basically full after the cheddar cheese soup and the breadsticks! So we definitely could have shared there.

Maggie

Hope73
05-08-2006, 11:53 AM
With my daughter who is 5 I definately share. I just can't eat all of the food they give you. We get the meal plan I do share wiht the kids. No I don't always roder off of the kids menue for them either. YOu can only feed your kids so many chix nuggets and not healthy food.

joshsmom
05-08-2006, 10:00 PM
So glad this was posted because I had the same question. DS10 can eat--but not the HUGE adult portions they give you!! I thought about sharing meals with him at LTT because they always give you so much (we're going for lunch, not dinner, so we'll be ordering off the menu). We are also going to Garden Grill--I know next to nothing about it other than it is a character meal. Is this a share-friendly place? I know we don't share at CP--DS will want him OWN favorites there. I think the other places we are eating are either buffets or other character meals and I know we don't share there. Any advice about Garden Grill?