PDA

View Full Version : California Grill now requires credit card info?

Epcot242
05-07-2006, 10:58 PM
Is this a new thing? Or am I so out of the resservation loop it's not even funny? :confused3 I've never had to do this before, and it's not a big deal, but I'm just curious if this is something they just started. Does anyone know if this is going to start at all major restaurants around WDW?

Tinkerbell_Tiffany
05-07-2006, 11:10 PM
I booked mine the other day for september and I had to give them mine as well just in case they said I dont show up without calling first but nobody else needed my card.

DannyDisneyFreak
05-07-2006, 11:57 PM
No, they are just doing this at CG. When we went in Januray they said they needed a credit card because of them getting so many no shows in the past that you now get charged I think $20 if you don't cancel.

disneyfreakjackie
05-08-2006, 12:05 AM
They also need it for the Fantasmic Dinner Package!! :crazy:

TSM1993
05-08-2006, 01:00 AM
They are doing it at CRT too.

bicker
05-08-2006, 06:43 AM
I think this is a new trend, implemented due to how folks have been using the ADR system in the past.

gokenin
05-08-2006, 07:45 AM
I booked mine the other day for september and I had to give them mine as well just in case they said I dont show up without calling first but nobody else needed my card.
this is completly off the subject but I saw the pic with the penguins and was wondering where in MGM they are? :lmao: love them from the movie

DannyDisneyFreak
05-08-2006, 09:16 AM
The penguins I'm sure are not at MGM since they are from Madagascar that pic was probably taken at Universal. And just to say on topic, if the penguins made ADRs for the CG they would need a credit card too, they may be out of luck because I don't know many penguins with credit cards...

Epcot242
05-08-2006, 03:25 PM
OK, thank you! I can't really blame them for taking down that info... it must be frustrating to have bunch of people cancel a day! :sad2:

lost*in*cyberspace
05-08-2006, 03:36 PM
No this is not new, they have been doing it for a while.

Only some of the restaurants do it; you will be charged a fee per PERSON if you are a no show.

Here's a list of the restaurants requiring a cc to reserve:

http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/pss.asp