PDA

View Full Version : Whispering Canyon Cafe? Yes...No??

dsnygirl2006
05-07-2006, 08:24 PM
Hi guys,
Thinking about this for our final night at WDW....We are going to MK for MNSSHP on our last night and I am looking for a cool way to end our trip...I have booked CRT for dinner, however, the menu doesn't look very good, so I am thinking about WC for dinner, is it fun? It will be me, my DH and my 3 yo DS....??? Thanks

limabeanmom2003
05-07-2006, 08:43 PM
Whispering Canyon is one of my favorites! I highly recommend it. We really enjoy the food.

cdntourguide
05-07-2006, 09:21 PM
I also really like WCC and try to eat here at least once on every vacation to WDW.
The entertainment put on by the wait staff is hilarious. and if you want to join the frivolity, it just makes it that much better.

The good is good quality and quantity. The drinks are bottomless and so are the milkshakes.

the skillet dinner is one of my favourite choices.

I have never had a bad meal, nor bad experience at WCC.

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

JudyT
05-07-2006, 10:01 PM
We were there last week. It was great - lots of fun and the food was excellent. The skillet dinner is huge but really good! Love that barbeque sauce! It was the day after my DD's 7th birthday, so her sister (10) asked to sing HB to her, they were happy to give her the mic and let her do it. Another gentlemen was celebrating his "21"st birthday (though I think he probably had kids that were at least 21, that is what they announced. They also announced that he really wanted to sing Happy Birthday to me while riding a stick pony around the restaurant. Hysterical! Lots of fun interaction but they don't put people on the spot that are not up for it. They seem to have a knack for selecting the people that are game for the interaction!

GreatBarrier86
05-07-2006, 10:22 PM
I'm going to have to give it a no. I didn't enjoy my meal at all. However, in defense of WCC, i don't enjoy that type of atmosphere. The Yachtsman is more my type. However, since you have kids, i would say go for it!

disneyfreakjackie
05-07-2006, 10:50 PM
WCC is a MUST do on our WDW vacations!!! We all feel that the food is great as well as the atmosphere!! (Me, DH, DDs 17, 15, 11 and 9) :sunny:

bexareaglecheryl
05-08-2006, 02:36 AM
The Whispering Canyon Cafe is wonderful. Very good food. And if you're ever there for Thanksgiving it is a must-do. We've got an ADR for there on our trip in a few weeks and we are all looking forward to it.

daisyduck123
05-08-2006, 03:34 AM
We love it at WCC!!! We're eating there next Monday, May 15th for dinner!!

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

DISNEYFAMILYOFFOUR
05-08-2006, 05:15 AM
It is our favorite. We are eating at WCC twice next trip!!!

Goofy_4_WDW
05-08-2006, 11:06 AM
Its a YES vote from us!
Lots of fun !

domestic goddess
05-08-2006, 12:59 PM
We love WCC for both dinner and breakfast! The atmosphere is a lot of fun and the food is good. The bottomless milkshakes are wonderful! My DH had all of the tables around us convinced to get the milkshakes the last time we were there. The waitress finally just had him talk to the tables before they ordered their drinks and they all got the milkshakes! The kids love the stick-horse races and the singing and craziness.

Plus, the boat ride to MK after dinner is a nice trip. Have a great time and enjoy!!

johnvree
05-08-2006, 01:20 PM
I'd be careful with doing this one on your last night. The food is pretty good here and the shakes are great. The atmosphere can annoy some people. I wouldn't want to be annoyed on my last night. You may love it, but what if...

JD3419
05-08-2006, 01:31 PM
We had an awesome time there back in February. The skillet was great and the bottomless milkshakes were good. Just watch out how many refills you get on your pop, you'll be surprised at the size of the glass you'll get.

Sleeping Jedi Beauty
05-08-2006, 01:42 PM
WCC is a lot of fun. We all enjoyed the atmosphere and antics of this place a lot. The food was pretty good too, and I really enjoyed the orange shake, which was part of the DDP.