PDA

View Full Version : Does it frustrate you when people take forever to order at counter service locations?

ADPOA Club Jester
05-07-2006, 09:07 PM
Am I the only person to be frustrated when it takes people forever to order at counter service locations, when they had plenty of time while in line to read what is avaible on those billboard type menus. So what are your thoughts?

ADPOA Club Jester
05-07-2006, 10:00 PM
Bumping it back up. Come on people I am sure you have sometimes been frustrated so here is your chance to let it out.

Dis31
05-07-2006, 10:28 PM
I do !! haha on our last trip it happened a few times we wait on line for 20 min then get to the front and people take forever looking at the menu geez you had 20 min to decide what you wanted!!!!!!!!!

littlele
05-07-2006, 10:31 PM
ooooh, I got this one..........

At Typhoon Lagoon, we were behind a fairly long line and when the people in front of us finally got up there they hadn't yet decided what to order. The worst part is, they did not want to order children's meals for their four children, so they were giving the cm a hard time until she said that they would have to do separate transactions in order to use adult credits. So in the end, they ordered two adult meals, three separate transactions and each time had to stop and figure out what they wanted. They had no idea!

BeckWhy
05-07-2006, 10:34 PM
I don't think I've ever had the experience of people taking forever. Even when I was in line behind all the cheerleaders from the National Championship it only took all 50 of them like 15 min. But I will have to say, I try to stand back and figure out what I want before I get the cashier. I can understand being in line and the person in front is like "Oh I was the Chicken Strips, and a double cheeseburger, and a diet coke... wait make that a water and I want bacon on my cheeseburger, and a peanut butter pie, and wait I don't want the chicken strips, I was the hot dog........."

Disney_Freak56
05-07-2006, 10:52 PM
Come on. If this is all you have to worry about, then you really do need a Disney vacation. :rotfl2:

Perhaps the person couldn't actually see the menu until they were close enough to the register. I know that's happened to me before.

Sorry. No sympathy for you from me. princess:

Princess4Eeyore
05-07-2006, 10:56 PM
To be honest my brother got really frustrated in Dec when this happened and my nephew looked at him and said " Chill dad, we're at Disney!!!" - Lol! :lmao:

MHopkins2
05-07-2006, 11:18 PM
Am I the only person to be frustrated when it takes people forever to order at counter service locations, when they had plenty of time while in line to read what is avaible on those billboard type menus. So what are your thoughts?
Right there with you. But then, I have very little patience (read: almost none) in general. :)

GreatBarrier86
05-07-2006, 11:20 PM
If this is all you have to worry about, then you really do need a Disney vacation.

I'm not going to try to turn this into a flame war but he didn't say that this is ALL he worries about. I'm with him. This is painfully annoying sometimes. I'm not trying to tick you off.

I'm going to use the Electric Umbrella as an example. The menu is so large that you can see it from the back of the restaurant. Anyway, even if you couldn't read the words, the items all have pictures next them.

ADPOA, i feel ur pain

crisi
05-08-2006, 08:05 AM
Its even worse when they get to the front with all three small children in tow and ask "do you want a cheeseburger happy meal or chicken nuggets. Fries or apples. Juice or milk" People complain that Disney doesn't have variety in their kids meals at counter service (its Cosmic Rays, you guys are getting mini-corn dogs), but I think that is really because mom and dad can't have the kids make the decision before they are placing the order....

No, it isn't the only thing I have to worry about. But the sudden (condensed version) "oh, my I have to order now. I sort of forgot I was standing in line to get lunch. Let me see, what do you have here at Pizza Planet? Hummmm, well, I'm not really in the mood for pepperoni, does your veggie have black olives on it? Hummmmm, well I guess I'll take a cheese" turns to husband "honey, what do you want" and it starts over again, is enough to make me want to bang my head against the register.

Lady, I got Fastpasses and want to make the 1:00 Indiana Jones show. I figured that an hour and a half for lunch would be plenty before I got in line behind seven of you.

Alan the Foodie
05-08-2006, 08:33 AM
Last trip we were online at Columia Harbour House. We've probably visited it 4 or 5 times previously and never really had any long lines. This time (Middle of March) it was packed with long lines. I couldn't imagine what was taking so long until we were next in line. The people in front of us took so lond to even order one item (they ordered for 8) that the order taker took the person on the other line instead! There were only 2 of them together on line, so I couldn't figure out how by the time the 15 minutes went by they couldn't even start ordering! Just my luck!

As Crisi said, people seem to wait until it is their turn to figure out what they want. Wonder how long they take at a sit down?

Alan

DaisyD
05-08-2006, 08:41 AM
I have been behind people like that and it drives me crazy. Last time there was this couple literally making out in front of us the entire time. When they finally got up to order they looked to see what they wanted. Personally I can't stand people that do that. Yea, if that is the only thing then I am lucky so be it but it still bothers me to no end! I think it is common courtesty to the people behind you to be ready to order when it is your turn. I do it and expect the same.

ducklite
05-08-2006, 08:44 AM
On the rare occasion that I don't know what I want when I get to the counter because I didn't have my glasses with me and it's an unfamiliar menu, I step aside and let the next in line go ahead of me.

Seems to be the logical and polite thing to do.

It does make me crazy when people can't make up their minds and hold up everyone else though... it's really not rocket science.

Anne

LVSWL
05-08-2006, 08:51 AM
I don't know, I don't have a real problem with it. I guess it's sort of like that guy who is alway beeping his horn at me at the red light if I don't step on the gas as soon as the light turns red. I'm just not in that much of a hurry. :)

mrsltg
05-08-2006, 08:51 AM
For the Love of BOB!!! It's so frustrating. Sometimes I feel like saying, "They have burgers and fries. BURGERS AND FRIES. Are you confused by this?" :confused3

Actually, without these people dh and I might not have something to laugh about over lunch so I hope people don't change! :banana:

crisi
05-08-2006, 09:03 AM
For the Love of BOB!!! It's so frustrating. Sometimes I feel like saying, "They have burgers and fries. BURGERS AND FRIES. Are you confused by this?" :confused3

LOL! Apparently, the decision to hold the cheese is a big one. I spent less time picking out the tile and carpet in my house.

D&R love Disney
05-08-2006, 09:33 AM
It bugs me too!

Luvamouse
05-08-2006, 09:47 AM
Well...my family dines at the same comfy restaurant every week (DH works second shift so doesn't see our DD11 except for weekends) and without fail my DD11 never knows what she wants to drink and then spends 10 minutes choosing her meal. And she only alternates between 2, possibly 3, items ever. :rolleyes: So I am used to the wait. Besides, life is short. I either people watch while we wait in lines or thank the Lord it isn't my kids holding up the line!! :teeth:

palmtreegirl
05-08-2006, 10:18 AM
No, but I might've said yes before we moved down here. Since we moved I've become a lot more laid back. :cloud9:

CheshireVal
05-08-2006, 10:35 AM
It is annoying, especially with kids because parents really should have asked them ahead of time what they want to eat. Otherwise, step aside while the child decides what he/she wants and let other people order!

I won't even get in line until I've decided what I want, unless it's a longish line where I know I'll have time to peruse the menu.

Kitka
05-08-2006, 10:43 AM
Yes, it frustrates me.

But not as much as my #1 Disney Pet Peeve.... when people freaking stop in the middle of a busy walkway out of nowhere. My goodness! If you have to tie a show or dig in your bag for something, please step to the side of the walkways instead of stopping dead in your tracks in front of everyone and then just standing there, blocking everyone else. Aaaargh!

Maleficent13
05-08-2006, 10:43 AM

:rotfl:

With your permission, I am going to start using "For the LOVE of BOB!" in my daily conversations!

magicmouse2
05-08-2006, 10:49 AM
It annoys me lots..... :furious: :stir:

MomBoyd
05-08-2006, 10:51 AM
These must be the same people who have all of their items in the grocery store rung up before they start to dig through their huge purse for their checkbook! :sad2: It isn't my biggest concern, but it does seem as though being prepared would be common curtesy. Or at least letting the next person in line go while you get ready.

cocoswife
05-08-2006, 10:57 AM
I have a funny story about this one.. It all happened at Pinocchio village haus.. after waiting 5 long minutes in line to order my Figaro fries, we only had a couple with 2 teens in front of us. They start ordering and everything is going smoothly until ... he hands over their room key and the CM asks him if he wants to use his dining credits for the meal.. this is when all hell breaks loose!!! :furious: He looks at his wife and ask her if she knows what she is talking about and she says they are on a dining plan, he then starts yelling at her and asking her why the @#!* did I pay out of pocket for breakfast this morning and room service last night, that the trip was already costing him thousands of dollars and he does not want to spend a penny extra... you get the idea, right? :rolleyes1 The teens were embarassed, the wife was speechless and I did not have my Figaro fries, let's just say I was not happy :sad2: When he finally calms down, the CM explain to them what was included in the plan and they change their orders, because, now the dad wants everybody to order the most expensive items from the menu :rolleyes2 and then they took forever to order the dessert. I felt so bad for them, when they finally got their food, because, the dad was still arguing with his wife and their daughter looked like she was about to cry. So, yes I hate it when people take forever to order .. it took 20 minutes to order my Figaro fries!! :confused3

NeverlandClub23
05-08-2006, 11:00 AM
My favorite are the ones that have 18 kids (give or take 1 or 2 :) ) and say to each one the following conversation:

Mom to one of her 18 kids: "Honey, tell the nice lady what you want to eat"
Kid:"I want a grilled cheese sandwich"
Mom:"Sweetie, they don't have grilled cheese sandwiches."
Kid: "I want a cheese pizza"
Mom:"Precious, they don't have cheese pizza here. You can get chicken nuggets, they have chicken nuggets here. Those are your favorite"
Kid: "I don't want chicken nuggets. I hate chicken nuggets. I want Frosted Flakes"
Mom:"You are not having Frosted Flakes for dinner and besides they don't have those here. Would you like a cheeseburger?"
Kid: "I don't want a cheeseburger!!!!! I want a grilled cheese sandwich!!"

And so it goes with the next 18 kids while you're stuck behind them looking for the nearest place that sells alcoholic beverages...

thewishfire
05-08-2006, 11:16 AM
Perhaps the person couldn't actually see the menu until they were close enough to the register. I know that's happened to me before.

Same here! I hardly ever bring my glasses with me anywhere, especially on vacation. So I just squint the whole time; which really does help. But I sometimes do have to wait until I pretty much get up to the counter.

Still, if someone is taking an unreasonable amount of time to order, I can see getting a bit annoyed.

DaisyD
05-08-2006, 11:21 AM
Same here! I hardly ever bring my glasses with me anywhere, especially on vacation. So I just squint the whole time; which really does help. But I sometimes do have to wait until I pretty much get up to the counter.

Still, if someone is taking an unreasonable amount of time to order, I can see getting a bit annoyed.

My mom has a hard time seeing too. What we do is go up and look at the menu before getting in line. That way we aren't being rude and holding up the line.

sames1
05-08-2006, 11:27 AM

I agree. Another favorite is when they get the total, then start fishing for dollars, quarters, dimes, nickels and pennies or fumble to find a credit card. Hello!! you knew you were going to have to pay didn't you?

In the grocery store like Publix my favorite is when they get the total, then pull out a checkbook and write a beautiful check and take all the time in the world to write it. Penmanship seems to count most when everyone else is waiting behind them. Take your time, make it perfect, we would rather let the store have a perfectly written check than get home with our purchases .. ; pirate:

sames1
05-08-2006, 11:29 AM
These must be the same people who have all of their items in the grocery store rung up before they start to dig through their huge purse for their checkbook! :sad2: It isn't my biggest concern, but it does seem as though being prepared would be common curtesy. Or at least letting the next person in line go while you get ready.

I posted my reply before I saw yours. I see we think alike.. :cool1:

CamColt
05-08-2006, 11:31 AM
We were guilty of this at the BW Bakery once, however, I dont think we can be blamed since there is no way to see what is there until you get up to order. Of course once my kids saw and they put their eyes back in their heads, they had to ask whats this and whats that, and we had to check if anything had peanuts in it (DS is allergic), etc...

But you will all be happy to know we stepped to the side and let the man behind us go ahead and order (there wasnt a line, but someone came in behind us). :) Of course we felt funy as we were in the way in that tiny area, but, they really do have a bad set up there. They should either have a menu outside or show the foods, before you get to the area where you order. Its the same thing at Main St. Bake Shop, you have to order before you see what they have. :confused3

tndisneyfan
05-08-2006, 11:32 AM

This drives DH nuts. He always rolls his eyes and lets out a big huff. Then he says real loud something like "I guess they thought their stuff was free and they weren't going to have to pay". :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

But back on topic, it drives me nuts too. We don't get in line until we know what we want.

Mortlives
05-08-2006, 12:00 PM
Then there's the opposite situation, where you walk into a CS restaurant, and no one else is in line, so the cashier calls you up immediately, expecting you to know what you want. Why do they do that? I always feel like I should be embarrassed that I want to read the menu before I order. Yes, I know they have hamburgers, but what kinds, what can you get on them, what can you get with them, do they have healthier options? There's nothing worse than being rushed through, and discovering afterwards that you could have had something you wanted a lot more if only you'd been allowed to read the menu. :rolleyes:

patsal
05-08-2006, 12:09 PM
It only bothers me when it is a group or family and they all get in line and have each person order separately and then still can't make up their minds. I always have the kids check the outside menu and then I head to the line. I order often by number and name the drink and dessert. Usually I am behind the aforementioned group and the CM really appreciates the "break" when it is my turn since I think that is the way it is intended to be ordered. I've even been asked by a CM if I'd like to train the other guests! :lmao:

Kitka
05-08-2006, 12:19 PM
We were guilty of this at the BW Bakery once, however, I dont think we can be blamed since there is no way to see what is there until you get up to order. Of course once my kids saw and they put their eyes back in their heads, they had to ask whats this and whats that, and we had to check if anything had peanuts in it (DS is allergic), etc...

But you will all be happy to know we stepped to the side and let the man behind us go ahead and order (there wasnt a line, but someone came in behind us). :) Of course we felt funy as we were in the way in that tiny area, but, they really do have a bad set up there. They should either have a menu outside or show the foods, before you get to the area where you order. Its the same thing at Main St. Bake Shop, you have to order before you see what they have. :confused3

See, but you were considerate. I totally understand not knowing what to order if you can't see. But then yeah, ask the person behind you if they're ready and if they are, let them go. You got good karma for that one ;)

cseca
05-08-2006, 12:24 PM
Yes, it does frustrates me but the level of frustration depends on the level of urgency... :teeth:
If I'm starving... then yeah I'll get REAL frustrated (I get cranky when I'm starving, DBF learnt the hard way... :) )
If i'm not in a hurry then I'll just get tiny peeved... hehe...

Yes, it frustrates me.

But not as much as my #1 Disney Pet Peeve.... when people freaking stop in the middle of a busy walkway out of nowhere. My goodness! If you have to tie a show or dig in your bag for something, please step to the side of the walkways instead of stopping dead in your tracks in front of everyone and then just standing there, blocking everyone else. Aaaargh!

Oh lordy, you and me both.
I don't get this either. It doesn't matter if you're in disney world or the mall in your home town. This is just plain rude. IMO at least...

Julylady
05-08-2006, 01:40 PM
This is my #1 pet peeve at WDW. The worst experience was at the Back Lot Express at MGM. A father with two smallish children (8-10 years old) were ahead of us in line during the busy lunch hour. After waiting 20 minutes in line the cashier asked for their order. Only then did the Dad look up at the menu. He talked to each kid separately about what was on the menu and what did they want to eat. Once the kids ordered, he sent the oldest off to "get Mom and tell her to come up here and pick what she wants." We stood a full five minutes waiting for Mom. The cashier just kept helping people on the other side. When Mom came up she studied the menu and said she didn't see anything she wanted to eat. They then said to cancel their order and they walked away. THIS WAS UNBELIEVABLE!!

I was absolutely fuming by the end of this episode!

I just don't understand WHY people do this. I can understand the "can't see the sign" argument, but what else? What else is there to do in the line except look at the menu?

Is anyone who is reading this thread one of these people? Can you give me some insight?

Donna

mrsltg
05-08-2006, 02:12 PM
:rotfl:

With your permission, I am going to start using "For the LOVE of BOB!" in my daily conversations!

You absolutely have my permission! Just make sure you do it right. There must be the exact right amount of exasperation! When it's really bad, add on, "And all things holy!!!" It usually elicits quite a response and just generally tickles me to say (and sounds a lot niced than the trucker mouth I used to have... :rolleyes: )!

Lady de Winter
05-08-2006, 02:18 PM
This thread has given me a good laugh. :goodvibes

Maybe the people who are taking so long are getting performance anxiety when they "step up to the plate." Something along the lines of Ralphie in "A Christmas Story" when he goes to visit Santa. :rotfl:

gigi1313
05-08-2006, 02:24 PM
i just figure not everyone spent months poring over the menus on allearsnet.com, with their minds made up before even getting to the world, like i did, so i cut them some slack! :flower:

LISAMWDW
05-08-2006, 02:38 PM
Yah, I know what your saying, while standing in line, think about what you want to order! One would think it would be a natural conclusion! lol I've seen it everywhere, though not to much at WDW.

It usually only bugs me if there are alot of people together that can't decide what they want. I know my family, we figure out what we want, one adult or teenager gets a table and takes the little ones with them. We have our act together before or just after we get in line. Therefore, we don't have to deal with the little ones being fussy or indecisive, we don't inconvenience others in line next to us and we will have a table waiting for us! Plan ahead, I say!

CheshireVal
05-08-2006, 02:44 PM
This is my #1 pet peeve at WDW. The worst experience was at the Back Lot Express at MGM. A father with two smallish children (8-10 years old) were ahead of us in line during the busy lunch hour. After waiting 20 minutes in line the cashier asked for their order. Only then did the Dad look up at the menu. He talked to each kid separately about what was on the menu and what did they want to eat. Once the kids ordered, he sent the oldest off to "get Mom and tell her to come up here and pick what she wants." We stood a full five minutes waiting for Mom. The cashier just kept helping people on the other side. When Mom came up she studied the menu and said she didn't see anything she wanted to eat. They then said to cancel their order and they walked away. THIS WAS UNBELIEVABLE!!

I was absolutely fuming by the end of this episode!

I just don't understand WHY people do this. I can understand the "can't see the sign" argument, but what else? What else is there to do in the line except look at the menu?

Is anyone who is reading this thread one of these people? Can you give me some insight?

Donna

People like this clearly think the world revolves around them. I really dislike those types of people, and I encounter them all too frequently at Disney!

Brianne
05-08-2006, 02:53 PM
It usually only bugs me if there are alot of people together that can't decide what they want. I know my family, we figure out what we want, one adult or teenager gets a table and takes the little ones with them. We have our act together before or just after we get in line. Therefore, we don't have to deal with the little ones being fussy or indecisive, we don't inconvenience others in line next to us and we will have a table waiting for us! Plan ahead, I say!

You described us to a T. :goodvibes We get enough looks as it is so there's no way I'd take my own sweet time ordering--I can't imagine what an even larger family goes through! I end up reciting our order like one of those speed talkers on tv! :rotfl:

NeverlandClub23
05-08-2006, 03:20 PM
Its the same thing at Main St. Bake Shop, you have to order before you see what they have. :confused3

I have a hard time ordering here. I get all relaxed waiting in line because you can't see what's up there anyways and the sign says "assorted pastries". And I know they have cinnamon rolls but I want to try something different. So before I even hit the first glass case one of the CM's behind the counter says "Can I help you?" I say "I don't know. I was going to look and see" so she moves on to the person behind me. I get up to the case and I have three sets of glaring CM eyes on me commanding me to make a choice. I get nervous, my eyes quickly shooting back and forth between all of the wonderful things at the bakery, getting pushed as people behind me have their food and are trying to go pay for it, I start to sweat before yelling in panic "A cinnamon roll! I'll just take a cinnamon roll!". Main St. Bakery is stressful. I feel your pain. Of course now because of the "Main St. Bakery" thread I'm going to look at nothing and order the french toast loaf and hopefully my anxiety will go down.

Maleficent13
05-08-2006, 03:37 PM
I have a hard time ordering here. I get all relaxed waiting in line because you can't see what's up there anyways and the sign says "assorted pastries". And I know they have cinnamon rolls but I want to try something different. So before I even hit the first glass case one of the CM's behind the counter says "Can I help you?" I say "I don't know. I was going to look and see" so she moves on to the person behind me. I get up to the case and I have three sets of glaring CM eyes on me commanding me to make a choice. I get nervous, my eyes quickly shooting back and forth between all of the wonderful things at the bakery, getting pushed as people behind me have their food and are trying to go pay for it, I start to sweat before yelling in panic "A cinnamon roll! I'll just take a cinnamon roll!". Main St. Bakery is stressful. I feel your pain. Of course now because of the "Main St. Bakery" thread I'm going to look at nothing and order the french toast loaf and hopefully my anxiety will go down.

:rotfl: :rotfl:

DisneyDotty
05-08-2006, 03:58 PM
Hmmm, let me see now. Uh, hmmm... What is there? Hmmm... Just a minute now--I'm looking! Uh--can I get a... Oh wait, I see you have.... Hmmmm. Let me just think what I feel like having...Gosh, I don't know how hungry I am...

AUGH! :crazy:

disneymom3
05-08-2006, 06:15 PM
This does drive me crazy and this is why I am the one in our family to order instead of DH. He will not even order my coffee at Starbucks! The thing is, when you live with one of these people, it is even worse. (See the previously mentioned DH.) Going to McDonalds.....we get to the ordering part of the drive thru. I have already asked the kids what they want, drinks, apples, all that nonsense and know what I want. I have the then YELL this order past DH because he cannot keep it straight and THEN it is his turn and there is silence. Just kills me. Do you know when the last time McDs changed their menu was???? Okay, they have new salads etc, but he is not getting one of those! Big Mac, Quarter lbr, fish sandwich. That is about as complicated as it gets. Oh, I love that man, but he is NOT good at ordering!

Simba's Mom
05-08-2006, 06:29 PM
Hmmm, let me see now. Uh, hmmm... What is there? Hmmm... Just a minute now--I'm looking! Uh--can I get a... Oh wait, I see you have.... Hmmmm. Let me just think what I feel like having...Gosh, I don't know how hungry I am...

AUGH! :crazy:
Exactly! Drives DH :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: Ordinarily at WDW, he's fairly patient-waiting for buses doesn't bother him much, long lines, etc. But people who take forever to order at CS is his big pet peeve! He swears DL is worse-although I wasn't with him to verify it. Everyone he got behind wanted an alteration-"can you hold the cheese?", "can I have extra mustard?", etc.

tinkerbeth
05-08-2006, 06:45 PM
I have to say, I've always considered myself pretty uptight and type A but very little bothers me when I'm at Disney. I don't think this does, either. usually it's me in line and ds and dh finding a table, and I've got their orders already. I just use the time to daydream or check out what state all the CMs are from...

The only thing that has every really frustrated me at WDW was the trip where my son wanted to watch TV all the time in the room. We fixed that on the next trip by saying, "No TV until the bedtime stories." That was an easy fix. And once it was really cold. That was annoying b/c it was too cold to swim in the pool. But other than that, I'm just so happy to be at Disney, I don't give a RIP about much else! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Beth :goodvibes

OurDogCisco
05-08-2006, 06:58 PM
This does drive me crazy and this is why I am the one in our family to order instead of DH. He will not even order my coffee at Starbucks! The thing is, when you live with one of these people, it is even worse. (See the previously mentioned DH.) Going to McDonalds.....we get to the ordering part of the drive thru. I have already asked the kids what they want, drinks, apples, all that nonsense and know what I want. I have the then YELL this order past DH because he cannot keep it straight and THEN it is his turn and there is silence. Just kills me. Do you know when the last time McDs changed their menu was???? Okay, they have new salads etc, but he is not getting one of those! Big Mac, Quarter lbr, fish sandwich. That is about as complicated as it gets. Oh, I love that man, but he is NOT good at ordering!

LOL.... You described my dh to a tee.... It is hilarious when we get up to the drive-thru because we have all decided and he can't remember what we wanted. Then, he gets flustered becuz we are yelling at him. It is funny to think my dh has a Masters but can't order from a simple McDonald's menu!!

pepperw23
05-08-2006, 07:01 PM

Not so much Disney, but at like McDonalds, KFC etc...irks the heck out of me...I mean who does not know what is on the menu? :rotfl2:

JESW
05-08-2006, 07:21 PM
NO SOUP FOR YOU!!

Anyone else remember the Seinfeld episode with the soup natzi? When you had to walk up to the counter, place your order and then step aside? And then Elaine steps up and drums her fingers on the counter, looks at the menu, tries to decide out loud, etc. And then she is told - NO SOUP FOR YOU!

Disney should implement the same thing.... :)

CamColt
05-08-2006, 07:50 PM

ROFL! I have come to that place too. I send DH in the line and he knows I want French Toast Loaf...he goes through the trauma with the kids. However once we were thrown for a loop when he got up there and there was no FTL! The horror! ;)

Lizzybee
05-08-2006, 08:06 PM
I'm usually pretty patient, unless I'm on lunch hour and have to get back on time. This thread just reminds me of a scene from the Will Farrell soccer movie "Kicking and Screaming". Will gets addicted to coffee and one day he goes to the coffee shop and there's a long line and at the front there is an indecisive woman. She's just calming asking the guy at the counter..."oooh Irish Cream...what's that?" "Uh it's got cream and it's uh Irish". "oooh that sounds good...hmmm oooh smoothies... what's in that?" At this point Will starts yelling at the woman "This line is for people who want coffee order something with coffee and move on" (or something like that). "Ooooh do you have scones...what kind of scones do you have?" They get into an argument she says "Let's do this Sporty Spice" and grabs him by the throat. He ended up kicked out of the coffee shop. That's the ultimate in losing it over someone ordering, but I might lose it with her if I was in a long line behind her too, probably not to the point of fighting...just fuming to myself.