PDA

View Full Version : mama melrose fantasmic package

kcrew
05-07-2006, 01:36 PM
I am wondering about the set menu that comes with the package. It states "entree"--does that mean any entree on their regular menu? Also the flatbread appetizer to share--is that the same size whether you have a party of 2 or a party of six. And if you are on the dining plan will you have to pay for a drink since it is not part of the package? Is it truly impossible to see the show (8/29 thru 9-4) without waiting in line for 2 hours? It hate being at the mercy of this package, but I stand in line 2 hours for NOTHING. Please advise.

HOGFAN
05-07-2006, 04:57 PM
not their regular menu, but about 6 things to pick from for the entree. about 4 things to pick from appetizer wise. and about 4 dessert choices. it was more than enough food.

ForKeeps
05-09-2006, 09:16 AM
You don't have to worry about not having enough to choose from. There is quite a bit. It looked like (by looking to other tables around) that if you had a party that was bigger that you had 1 flatbread for every 2 people.

We just got back and even with the fantasmic pass when the show started there was standing room only (even in the special section). We went 45 mins early and had a good spot. but people coming 20 mins early were standing....

CamColt
05-09-2006, 09:52 AM
not their regular menu, but about 6 things to pick from for the entree. about 4 things to pick from appetizer wise. and about 4 dessert choices. it was more than enough food.

Has something changed recently? You used to get a family style salad to share, 1 flatbread for every 4 people in yoru party and any entree from the regular menu. Sometimes people have gotten printed "Fantasmic" menus, but all entress were included. Is this a new procedure where you have a choice of appetizers and a limited entree menu?

psimon
05-09-2006, 11:22 AM
What is the price for the Fantasmic dinner pacakge at Mama Melrose? I have seen $28.99 at allearsnet.com and I have seen $34.99 elsewhere.

Do beverages (soda, coffee, etc) come with the adult meals? Does that price include tax and tip?

So I get the idea that a seperate "special" menu is used, is that correct? Sadly, I have a picky family. Given that, is there a way to order from the "regular" menu?

Can you get just pasta with sauce, no clams, etc, just pasta? Has anyone tried this? How much was it?

Thanks....

---Paul in Southern NJ

psimon
05-09-2006, 11:44 AM
What is the price for the Fantasmic dinner pacakge at Mama Melrose? I have seen $28.99 at allearsnet.com and I have seen $34.99 elsewhere.

Do beverages (soda, coffee, etc) come with the adult meals? Does that price include tax and tip?

So I get the idea that a seperate "special" menu is used, is that correct? Sadly, I have a picky family. Given that, is there a way to order from the "regular" menu?

Can you get just pasta with sauce, no clams, etc, just pasta? Has anyone tried this? How much was it?

Thanks....

---Paul in Southern NJ

beattyfamily
05-09-2006, 12:03 PM
It's definitely a special Fantasmic menu that they hand out. It has several entrees to choose from and several desserts.

If you are on the dining plan, drink is included.

If you have more then 4 people (I think its 4) you get 2 flatbreads.

You share the salad.

I had the steak and DH had the Chicken Parm. We didn't feel limited with the package.

I paid $28.99/$10.99 for the package and this was in December.

LuvTigger
05-09-2006, 12:19 PM
If you are looking for lots of food options, would you consider going to Hollywood and Vine instead? I booked the Fantasmic package there on my last trip, and I was quite impressed with the selection of food they had (buffet), and it was good too! I think it costs less than MM too.

I would definitely do it again to avoid the line going into Fantasmic. The only thing I wasn't thrilled with was the dinner time, which was pretty early. However, we did go at a slower time of year where the park closed earlier -- but Fantasmic was still crowded! Considering that you're not paying anything extra for the meal, I think it's worth it to get the package to avoid the wait and be guaranteed a certain seating area.

missy522
05-09-2006, 12:39 PM
I am wondering about the set menu that comes with the package. It states "entree"--does that mean any entree on their regular menu? Also the flatbread appetizer to share--is that the same size whether you have a party of 2 or a party of six. And if you are on the dining plan will you have to pay for a drink since it is not part of the package? Is it truly impossible to see the show (8/29 thru 9-4) without waiting in line for 2 hours? It hate being at the mercy of this package, but I stand in line 2 hours for NOTHING. Please advise.
I felt the same way, so I cancelled my H&V ADR due to the bad reviews. Plus, if it rains and Fantasmic is cancelled, it's too bad! You may want to consider checking the Fantasmic times for the dates you are there. Some days there is an additional show at 10:30, which I have read is less crowded (I will find out in about 2 weeks!). I do not plan to wait for 2 hours - possibly 45 minutes to an hour, and maybe bring something from concessions to pass the time! Have fun!