PDA

View Full Version : Resort TS Meal (dinner) in MK area?

Antonia
05-07-2006, 09:34 AM
Choices are:

Grand Floridian

Concourse Steakhouse

Kona Cafe

I do not think DH would like CG so it is not in the running. Also, we have eaten at O'Hana's before and are ruling it out this time - too many kids with hoola hoops :) and it's just the two of us. We are already eating at WL - that's where we're staying. Any recommendations?

mainstreetmickey
05-07-2006, 10:20 AM
I do not think DH would like CG so it is not in the running.

It's hard to imagine that someone wouldn't like CG. The menu is diverse and everything they serve is excellent. My wife and I never miss CG when we're there without our kids. If I HAD to choose a different dining experience near the MK it would probably be Narcoossee's at the GF.

Have fun!

BCV23
05-07-2006, 10:28 AM
Although we've not eaten dinner at Concourse Steakhouse, we hope to do so next trip. I don't see many reviews, all those I do see have been positive.

We really enjoy both Kona and GF Cafe for dinner. Very good food and service at both. The Cafe is very pretty and has a more subdued atmosphere usually. Kona has a view of the lobby and you can hear the rush of water from the fountain and watch the monorail zip by through a wall of windows. You can also hear the crowds by O'Hana sometimes as you check in but this varies. And in our experience once you are seated, that noise is gone.

I think from the Concourse you would hear noises from Chef Mickey. And you can see the monorail go through the CR one story up.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. :thumbsup2

Dopey's Girl
05-07-2006, 10:38 AM
We'd choose GF...since it's just the two of you, GF is a more romantic setting overall :love: You can spend time hanging out in the lobby, catching the music, and walking on the beach, sitting together, etc.

I think the food is a little better at Concourse (JMHO), but atmosphere MORE than makes up for the difference when there are just two of us!