PDA

View Full Version : Is This Princess Overload?

scanne
05-07-2006, 08:45 AM
I have Princess Storybook Lunch booked on the same day as 1900 Park Fare for dinner. Too much? Too much Princess? Too much food?

OK, so which place has the better custom birthday cake for my DD's birthday?

BTW, she will be 2.

At this very moment, DD is yelling "Rella! I want Rella!" (as in Cinderella).

Hmmmmmmmmmm - I'm leaning towards 1900...should I rebook PSB Lunch for a different day????

beattyfamily
05-07-2006, 09:12 AM
Yes, IMHO, that's too much for the same day but not the same trip. If you could I would change one of them to a different day.

GF has a great bakery so I'd say the cake would be much better there then at PSB.

emma'smom
05-07-2006, 09:19 AM
If you have time, I would book one for a different day. I also think it might be too much food for one day. Also, we discovered that on the days of our Princess Meals, our dd couldn't concentrate on anything else until we got there. Our PSB breakfast was at 10:00 and so we thought we would do a few rides on teh way over to the World Showcase. No way, she just kept saying "Let's go see the princesses! No rides...is it time for the princesses?". So, you might consider a breakfast so she can see them earlier and then you can all enjoy the rest of your day without "wishing it by" to get to the princess meal time.

glencoe
05-07-2006, 10:03 AM
To get an overview you can see princesses at CRT, PSB, and 1900?

Does 1900 have any princess meal besides dinner?

thanks

belle&beast
05-07-2006, 10:10 AM
I think it depends on your family and whether or not your 2yo can handle 2 restaurants in one day. We did CP for breakfast and CM for dinner when DS turned 2 and it was fine! I ordered a cake for him at CM and we hardly touched it, so you might consider how much food you will be getting with 2 TS. At CP they brought him a cupcake--at breakfast! We also went to get his birthday pin and they gave us 4 vouchers for ice cream for our family to celebrate. Then we had cake at dinner- it was way too much! The pictures are cute, but I wouldn't do it again because it was just more than we needed.

shellybaxter
05-07-2006, 10:16 AM
I don't think it is too much "princesses" but it might be too much food. If I were going to do both restuarants in one day I'd make the lunch as early as possible (11:30??) and the dinner as late as your daughter can handle (7:00?).

The Norway meals really are all about the Princesses, but the 1900 meal really is about the Cinderella fairytale. I'm not sure how to discribe it, but it just feels different. I would think that for the special cake I would go with the 1900 dinner because it will come from the bakery at the Grand Floridian and they make all the wonderful wedding cakes

KingdomHeartsFan
05-07-2006, 01:00 PM
I don't think its Princess overload at all. Last December we ate at 1900 Park Fare for dinner on Sunday night and then turned around and at CRT for breakfast the next morning. We enjoyed both very much... the buffet at 1900 is very good... lots of tasty pasta selections and the character interaction was far superior to CRT. At CRT the food was good but the Princesses were all very rushed and we saw every character there in like 5 minutes... not to mention that they weren't the friendliest I have ever encountered. On the plus side we saw the same Snow White at both places and she was wonderful... very sweet and she remembered us from the night before.

GoofyforDisney3
05-07-2006, 01:52 PM
If your daughter really wants to see Cinderella go to 1900. :thumbsup2 If I am correct, PSB doesn't have Cinderella. princess: She is only at CRT and 1900.

Plus, I think that is going to be a lot of food if doing lunch and dinner. I don't see anything wrong with doing breakfast (fairly early, like 8:00ish) and then dinner around 6:00/6:30. I know we are going to do PSB for breakfast and then Le Cellier for a later dinner.