PDA

View Full Version : Donald's Breakfastosaurus or O'Hana's?

jessiesue
05-07-2006, 07:40 AM
My 3 DS's loved Chef Mickey's breakfast. Now we are trying to decide between the two. Which one do you think is better considering how much they liked Chef Mickey's? They really are big eaters and not too picky. Thanks

ColetteN
05-07-2006, 10:27 AM
My family has eaten at Donald's and the buffet is great for selection. Standard hot buffet foods (my DD loved the chocolate chip pancakes!)plus the cold fruit bar with cereal and breads was great too. We left this breakfast very satisfied. We had an early ADR (before the park opened) and were finished just about when the park opened. It was great to be there that early (even if it was a little chilly - we went in January)

The meal at 'Ohana is served family style (eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, mickey waffles).

Unless you just want to let the characters dictate which one - Donald is at his own breakfast, but Lilo & Stitch are at 'Ohana.

I guess it depends on where you're staying as well and travel time. Donald's requires park admission for the day, but not 'Ohana so it's good for a non park day. AK is a little further away from most onsite resorts.

All that said, we've done Donald's, so we're trying 'Ohana this next trip. For children's entertainment value you can't go wrong either place (I don't think it's a bad menu at either place).

johnvree
05-07-2006, 10:38 AM
The closest comparison to Chef Mickey's

We have done both and we are doing both for our upcoming trip in August. I think the food is better at Donald's than 'Ohana and there is much much more variety. That's not to say that the food is not good at 'Ohana. It's good, just not great.

dgaston
05-07-2006, 10:47 AM
And I love both the character interaction and the wait staff at Donald's. We have been blessed with very playful servers, and I love the buffet there!

torinsmom
05-07-2006, 11:50 AM
We did both in March(as well as CM's dinner). Although my son loves Lilo and Stitch, getting to the Poly was a pain, I got lost both ways. We drove vs. riding bus to the TTC and then another to Poly. There was quite a wait even though we had an ADR. Food was good, but not much selection. I prefer the buffet style of Donald's. The food was great and the servers were really funny. We ate and ate! The characters were cool too, and there were a lot of them, more than I had thought. We got a late ADR 10:30, and rode the Safari and some other rides before our breakfast. We ate until around 11:45 and were not hungry again until around 6, so we skipped lunch.

We are going back in October and NOT in DDP, and Donald's is the only character meal we are doing.

Marsha