PDA

View Full Version : Got 2 restaurant questions for you

LindsayDunn228
05-07-2006, 07:34 AM
Number one:
We got our confirmation papers yesterday and on the "explanation" of everything it said we had 2 vouchers to Planet Hollywood. Is this new?? They've never done this with us before. Can anyone fill me in?

Number two:
When my hubby and I make ADRs for the California Grill, we usually ask for right when they open. This time we are interested in dining in the wine room. Is this something we need to request when making ADRs? Or do you do this when you check in on the 2nd floor??

Thanks!

kaytieeldr
05-07-2006, 08:01 AM
Can't help you with the wine room (although I think you'd just ask when you check in, and having one of the first ADRs probably helps :)) but the Planet Hollywood voucher thing is an added feature on, I guess, all 2006 reservations. It's a VERY limited choice of items, I think three, and most people only get one voucher; in fact, there may be some type of "one per party" restriction on it somewhere - you get the actual voucher when you check in to your Disney resort. I mean, if you have two vouchers you can use both of them, just not at the same meal. I know one of the choices is a burger, so I'm all set :teeth: and this way I'll have an extra TS credit on the dining plan for a Signature meal.

LindsayDunn228
05-07-2006, 08:03 AM
Kay, I should have been clearer. I meant we got 2 vouchers, one for me and one for my husband, not 2 for each of us.

kaytieeldr
05-07-2006, 08:18 AM
Yep, I knew what you meant :teeth:
My understanding is each party is only supposed to get one Planet Hollywood voucher, for one person's meal. This supposedly encourages people to eat there and spend more money :)
You do know I'm NOT doubting that you each got one, right? It just may turn out that you can only use one per seating. For example, if you go to PH for lunch Saturday, you can get one voucher meal from the limited menu and one 'pay' meal from the full menu; then if you go again Sunday you can do the same thing.
BUT! Since you got two vouchers, you may be able to use them at one sitting. You'll have to see what the actual vouchers say, or wait until somebody who's already used them sees your post and responds.

lil mermaid
05-07-2006, 08:22 AM
Linsday,

DH and I wanted to sit in the wine room at CG one time, and when I made the when I made the ADR (or, PS at the time) I was told that I would need to ask at the podium When we arrived about 15 minutes before our ADR time, we just told them at the podium we wanted to sit in there and they accomodated us fairly easily. We did have to wait a little bit, and were seated about 15 minutes after our ADR time, but we didn't mind at all since we just sat at the bar and had a glass of wine.