PDA

View Full Version : Anniv. @ 1900 Park Fare--what special cake can I order???

Snoopygirl
05-06-2006, 09:29 PM
HI!! We will be at the World in Sept. and my brother & SIL will be celebrating their anniversary. I wanted to surprise them while we are at 1900 PF for dinner at the GF w/ an anniv. cake or something. Can anyone give me some ideas as to what I can order and if you have any pics I would love to see them!!

TIA!!! :thumbsup2

lillygator
05-06-2006, 11:25 PM
You can order anything to your hearts desire....the cakes there are awesome! :)

KIRSTIN'S MOMMY
05-07-2006, 08:22 AM
I agree. Just call the GF bakery and they'll talk you through it. We ordered dd's 6th birthday cake from there in Dec. (it's in my sig) and it was wonderful! The # to call is 407-824-2982.

ash&abby'smom
05-07-2006, 09:31 AM
I agree. Just call the GF bakery and they'll talk you through it. We ordered dd's 6th birthday cake from there in Dec. (it's in my sig) and it was wonderful! The # to call is 407-824-2982.

Could you please tell me about this cake? It looks delicious. I am planning to order a cake for dd's 6th birthday at 1900 Park Faire. Did your group eat the cake? I know they have desserts there, but I really want to do something special for her. TIA.

KIRSTIN'S MOMMY
05-07-2006, 10:19 AM
Sure, no problem! It was white cake with white chocolate mousse filling and white chocolate icing with dark chocolate swirled in. The Cinderella standing up on the cake was also made out of white chocolate. We got a 10" cake for our group of 7, and we had some left over. But, there was a group of people who were eyeing it when it came out and we shared the rest with them and they ate every bite! I think the cost came to about $60 by the time tax and tip were added. (we were on the dining plan which covered dinner). Hope that helps!

ash&abby'smom
05-07-2006, 10:47 AM
Sure, no problem! It was white cake with white chocolate mousse filling and white chocolate icing with dark chocolate swirled in. The Cinderella standing up on the cake was also made out of white chocolate. We got a 10" cake for our group of 7, and we had some left over. But, there was a group of people who were eyeing it when it came out and we shared the rest with them and they ate every bite! I think the cost came to about $60 by the time tax and tip were added. (we were on the dining plan which covered dinner). Hope that helps!

Thanks so much. I think that is exactly what I am looking for, except I might get chocolate cake. We will be a party of 8. Can you get a smaller cake in the same design or do you know? How much advance notice did you have to give? Thank you! BTW, your dd is a doll.

I just realized we will be in disney the same time as you.

KIRSTIN'S MOMMY
05-07-2006, 11:06 AM
Awww, thanks! I think so, but I'm a little biased! :teeth: Yes, they have smaller cakes available also. I wanted to make sure we had enough (as I am a cake decorator myself, I also wanted it to be awesome, lol), but after the dinner we were so full! I would order a smaller one next time. We'll be there this year for MouseFest and her birthday and I plan to do a smaller on this time.
That's so neat that we'll be there at the same time! We'll be at CSR from Sept. 28-Oct. 7. Maybe we'll see you there!

eeyore45
05-07-2006, 11:28 AM
of all the places to order a special cake - Grand Floridian Bakery is the best!! :goodvibes imho of course!!

With having a Bakery right there, the cakes are fresh, when we ordered a cake at MK LTT - not so much, it is so not worth the extra money, the free cupcakes given at the places are fresh, the others can be frozen, then thawed before your meal...

That's why I always get a adr for 1900 to celebrate a bday or anniversary and pay for their amazing cakes!!

there is a huge thread with lots of amazing pictures, the slippers, and castle cakes... :cloud9:

Snoopygirl
05-07-2006, 04:50 PM
Thanks for the #. How far in advance do you think I need to call to order something?

KIRSTIN'S MOMMY
05-08-2006, 05:59 PM
They told me that I could call up to 48 hrs. before we needed the cake but I called a few weeks before.