PDA

View Full Version : Pizza Planet?! Or another MGM Counter Meal?

AussieAngel
05-06-2006, 09:22 PM
Is the food at Pizza Planet at MGM any good?!

I love Toy Story! Even though I'm 25 and my BF is 27, we'd love to go to Pizza Planet!

Looking at the menu though, there seems to be only 3 pizzas to choose from, and not much else! Are the pizzas worth it? Is it fun? Does anyone have any photos, perhaps?!

If not, any other recommendations about where we should use our dining plan counter service meal instead, at MGM?

Thankyou!! :cheer2:

Snoopygirl
05-06-2006, 09:31 PM
My DH & I ate here last May. Sorry, I didn't take any pics. The pizza was average. I think kids would have fun here. There are arcades downstairs and you can eat upstairs. Like I said....just average. HTH!

Dizneydaz
05-06-2006, 09:35 PM
We ate there last Sept. on the plan and it was fine. Pizza, salad, soda, and the Mickey Krispie (which was very good!) We took the Krispies with us and ate them later. Unfortunately, it's the only CS we've had at MGM. Sorry, no pixs of food. I do remember that the three of us (2 adults and 1 6 yo) didn't finish the 2 pizzas (with salad) between us. I've read some negative comments re: the pizza but really, it's fine, but then I'm from California and what do we know about pizza? :rotfl2:

jjatwdw
05-07-2006, 12:46 AM
We ate there last June and it was the least satisfying meal we had at WDW. It was so crowded. We waited in line for 30 minutes to get our food. There were no tables so you had to stand and wait for someone to leave. The whole time we were eating people stood around like vultures waithing for us to leave. The pizza wasn't that bad but the salad was terrible. The whole place is rather run down and noisy. And we didn't even go at rush hour! We're skipping it this year.

AussieAngel
05-07-2006, 12:54 AM
Hmmm, okay! It seems we might be looking for somewhere else to eat at MGM for our counter service meal!

Thanks for your advice, everybody!! :thumbsup2

How about ABC Commissary? Or Flatbread Grill? Anybody tried those!?

Goobergal99
05-07-2006, 01:02 AM
Hmmm, okay! It seems we might be looking for somewhere else to eat at MGM for our counter service meal!

Thanks for your advice, everybody!! :thumbsup2

How about ABC Commissary? Or Flatbread Grill? Anybody tried those!?

UGGH :crazy2: ABC Commissary, defininetly not that one

jjatwdw
05-07-2006, 01:07 AM
I really think that MGM has the weakest dining choices of any park, especially for CS. We'll probably try the Flatbread Grill or Toluga Turkey Legs. Or maybe we'll leave the park and run to DD for lunch, and return for our dinner ADR at HBD. We'll figure that one out when we get there.

CheapMom
05-07-2006, 06:19 AM
I love the COmmissary! The fish and chips are so good.

daisyduck123
05-07-2006, 06:20 AM
We enjoy the pizza & salad at Pizza Planet.

We ate there again in January on the Dining Plan & had soooo much food that we had to give away several of our untouched salads. And I love salad!!

Kaycee
05-07-2006, 06:52 AM
I was pleasantly surprised by Pizza Planet when I finally tried it in December. It was better than I had expected, and much better than any other MGM CS meal I've had. You couldn't pay me to go back to ABC Commissary. :crazy2:

beattyfamily
05-07-2006, 06:56 AM
We enjoy Backlot Express.

AussieAngel
05-07-2006, 07:01 AM
Ooooh!

Why is ABC Commissary so bad?

DISNEYFAMILYOFFOUR
05-07-2006, 07:32 AM
Is the food at Pizza Planet at MGM any good?!

I love Toy Story! Even though I'm 25 and my BF is 27, we'd love to go to Pizza Planet!

Looking at the menu though, there seems to be only 3 pizzas to choose from, and not much else! Are the pizzas worth it? Is it fun? Does anyone have any photos, perhaps?!

If not, any other recommendations about where we should use our dining plan counter service meal instead, at MGM?

Thankyou!! :cheer2:

My opinion.....if you are Toy Story fan or have a "Buzz fan" with you go, if not, skip it. We used to go when my son was a die hard Buzz fan, thankfully, he out grew it the last two trips to we could skip it. My husband and I think the food is terrible, it is overcrowded, and eating upstairs trying to get upstairs with two kids in tow carrying your bags and food was not convenient.

Now. I have to admit, my DH's favorite CS lunch is ABC's--not for the food, but for the atmosphere. It is never crowded and it is a great place for us to unwind during the day.

To the poster that said that options of CS are limited at MGM, I do agree.

wifey
05-07-2006, 07:35 AM
:thumbsup2 We always go to the ABC Commissary,we loved their fish and chips last June!! :thumbsup2 Some of the meus had changed but we can always find something tasty to eat here and it's nice and cool great for all of us to chill out for 30 mins and recharge the batteries ;)Just wish awful teens didn't keep saying ' this table's taken sorry' when only one person stands at the table !! :confused3

lovmy2girls
05-07-2006, 08:28 AM
We ate there, and the pizza was average and the atmosphere is like an arcade you would find at a mall with games 2x's the price. We went once, and will not go again.

dmslush
05-07-2006, 08:36 AM
We ate there two different times. The first time in 2001, dd was a huge toy story fan. It was in november and the food was fine.

We then went back this last july. It was SO hot out and SO humid ugh... Pizza Planet was airconditioned, so we decided to eat in there. It wasn't really crowded or anything too bad. The food was okay, nothing great, nothing bad.. just your basic pizza. However, it was greasy and when we got back out in the heat, I got sick to my stomach. I know the food wasn't bad, but it was just too heavy for such a hot day. Here is a picture of sweetie trying to steal my rice crispie mickey head thingy, but it also shows some of the pizza.

http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL751/2946528/10015672/144855563.jpg

reeeoga
05-07-2006, 09:14 AM
Last trip DD ate a pizza from Pizza Planet. I tasted it. It was OK. It was slightly better than a DiGiornos (SP?) frozen pizza.

DW, DS and I ate at ABC Commissary. DW had the Tabbouleh Wrap, I had the Cuban Sandwich and DS grabbed off of pur plates (he was 16 months). I tasted everthing. It was all good. We will probably go back next rip, unless we want to try Flatbread Grill just for kicks.

As a background: I am Cajun and I love to cook (big suprise there :rotfl2: ). The CS at the World are all of decent quality, nothing great, but nothing to write home about.

PS: the wife is a Red Neck (Texan) :rotfl: and she liked ABC too.

princessesrule4
05-07-2006, 09:26 AM
We think Pizza Planet is a good choice and eat here for our MGM lunch every time. It is nice to get a salad, too. My kids love it!