PDA

View Full Version : Raglan Road now accepts DDE?

lillygator
05-06-2006, 08:04 PM
I saw this on the WDW site...they are listed!

BCV23
05-06-2006, 08:49 PM
Yes, we were able to use our DDE card there on 5/2. We were on the DDP plan at that point but used our DDE card for alcohol and meals not covered by the plan.

I actually thought this was the norm at RR. I remember reading some posts when it first opened that the card was being refused but thought that after a time folks were able to use the DDE card. :confused3

jackmac
05-07-2006, 08:32 AM
When Raglan Road first opened it did not accept the DDE, even though it was listed in the DDE papers as accepting it. There was a lot of confusion but they seem to be accepting it now. I was there in January and the DDE was accepted.

LeCras
05-07-2006, 09:24 AM
Yes, they accepted our DDE card a couple of weeks ago as well. Mind you, my DH had to insist, as the waitress didn't seem to have any idea what the DDE card was... :rolleyes:

Charlotte

BCV23
05-07-2006, 09:34 AM
Yes, they accepted our DDE card a couple of weeks ago as well. Mind you, my DH had to insist, as the waitress didn't seem to have any idea what the DDE card was... :rolleyes:

Charlotte

When she saw the card, she didn't know!? Wow. Maybe she was brand new. Ours didn't bat an eye about using both the DDE discount and our DDP as well.

Now if we DISsers say, "Do you accept the DDE card" I would bet most wouldn't have a clue what we are talking about. :rotfl2: I think we use acronyms so much we take it for granted that everyone uses DISspeak.

Did you enjoy your meal LeCras? The seating really did evoke memories of Ireland for me.

Quinn222
05-07-2006, 09:40 AM
That's great. We had an ADR there last week but missed it because we were just too tired to drag ourselves there. I'll make sure to get there one day soon as I've been wanting to try it out.

Sarnia
05-07-2006, 10:46 AM
As DW (lecras) said above, the waitress said that they didn't accept it. I had to insist that she go and check.

We had problems with the DDE card quite often. At several places the staff had to go and check with a Manager because they didn't know what it was and some confused it with the dining plan. However the most common problem was that they didn't think the discount also applied to alchohol.

It saved us a lot of money, so it's well worth having, but at times I had to be very insistant to get it accepted, almost to the point were I was made to feel that I was being difficult.

BCV23
05-07-2006, 11:04 AM
That is a shame, Sarnia. We love the DDE card and have now used it for five trips without a problem. This trip we did have one server who when she saw the card and pur room key said, "Oh, I thought you meant you were on the meal plan." We replied that we were but wanted to use the DDE for our alcoholic beverages. That of course was no problem.

The only downside is that sometimes we've had to wait a bit longer for the bill to be returned for signing as the servers have to get a manager to OK it these days. I don't mind waiting for that discount. :sunny:

I hope you have better luck next trip. Were a lot of your restaurants choices at DTD?

PolyAddict
05-07-2006, 12:22 PM
Where EXACTLY is RR?

Thanks

BCV23
05-07-2006, 12:26 PM
Raglan Road is an Irish pub located on Pleasure Island. It just opened in the fall.

PolyAddict
05-07-2006, 12:37 PM
Raglan Road is an Irish pub located on Pleasure Island. It just opened in the fall.

Do you have to pay to go to PI, to get to the restaurant?

BCV23
05-07-2006, 12:41 PM
No, you don't...or we wouldn't have dined there. ;)

My understanding is that you only pay to get into the clubs now.

PolyAddict
05-07-2006, 01:45 PM
No, you don't...or we wouldn't have dined there. ;)

My understanding is that you only pay to get into the clubs now.

Thanks for the response.

wildernesslodgelover
05-07-2006, 03:24 PM
As DW (lecras) said above, the waitress said that they didn't accept it. I had to insist that she go and check.

We had problems with the DDE card quite often. At several places the staff had to go and check with a Manager because they didn't know what it was and some confused it with the dining plan. However the most common problem was that they didn't think the discount also applied to alchohol.

It saved us a lot of money, so it's well worth having, but at times I had to be very insistant to get it accepted, almost to the point were I was made to feel that I was being difficult.

This has happened to me a few times also! Especially the part about having to be insistant and feeling like you are being a pest, even though you know you are right!

webray
05-07-2006, 03:33 PM
We have been using our DDE card since they opened, they have never denied us. We love it!

La2kw
05-07-2006, 08:55 PM
Do you have to pay to go to PI, to get to the restaurant?

PI doesn't require admission anymore. You can stroll through the island whenever you want. You do need admission to enter the clubs, but that is done at the door of the club now.

christinou
05-08-2006, 12:18 PM
So now RR takes the DDE, but Wolfgang Puck does not, I am going to change around some of my reservations......