PDA

View Full Version : Le Cellier - Booked solid during our stay (15-19th)

NewJersey
05-06-2006, 01:12 PM
I made the mistake of waiting until today (we leave in 9 days) for dining reservations. We wanted to eat at Le Cellier in Canada but it's booked solid while we're there so we chose the steakhouse in Contemporary that day. had no other problems getting dining reservations anywhere else that week though.

Just giving people heads up if they attempt it. I'm going to try when we get down there to see if anyone cancelled theirs.

lowie
05-06-2006, 02:05 PM
I made the mistake of waiting until today (we leave in 9 days) for dining reservations. We wanted to eat at Le Cellier in Canada but it's booked solid while we're there so we chose the steakhouse in Contemporary that day. had no other problems getting dining reservations anywhere else that week though.

Just giving people heads up if they attempt it. I'm going to try when we get down there to see if anyone cancelled theirs.
we'll be there the same time, i made my adr a few weeks ago and they were very limited.

HauntedMansionMan
05-06-2006, 02:09 PM
Hey Tim,

Central NJ here too...I will be down there May 15 to 20.

Le Cellier, IMO, is overrated. It is a good restaurant by Disney standards, but not amazing. There are better choices at Epcot like Chefs de France. The Concourse Steak House is just as good as Le Cellier, although it can be very noisy from Chef Mickey's next door. Hope you have a great trip!

Steve

NewJersey
05-06-2006, 04:43 PM
hi steve,

thanks for the heads up..we were going to try the steak place in yacht club but my parents were bent on the Concourse steakhouse to try it out. have a great trip!

Micca
05-06-2006, 05:08 PM
I made an ADR for our upoming trip a few weeks ago and 8:50 was the best they could do. The CM told me Le Cellier was about the most popular place on property.:earsboy:

crazy4wdw
05-06-2006, 05:19 PM
I have an ADR for Le Cellier on May 16. I made my ressie 180 days in advance. This will be my first time eating there and I'm looking forward to it! :cool1:

lillygator
05-06-2006, 06:27 PM
We'll be dining at LC on 5/19 - I made mine ages ago. I'm not too keen on LC but having done both LC and Concourse I do think LC is much better. I would keep calling if you want to go. I know people don't "have" to cancel but many do.

Good luck - and I guess I'll be seeing some of you at the world - we leave in 10 days!

oops - I didn't read that you had chosen the CS...sorry about that. I am sure you'll still enjoy it. and it's definitely cheaper than Yachtmen's!

n2mm
05-06-2006, 06:41 PM
We just returned and I agree that LC is booked. We ate there on 4/24 and the CM said they were booked up until May 3rd. That was 2 weeks ago. We ate there 3 times during our trip because I had made my ADRs months earlier. We were glad because each time, we watched hordes of folks being told the same thing. Actually we noticed most places were not taking walk ins. While at the Plaza for lunch on Thursday 5/4, the server was telling folks there were no opennings until after 8:00PM. MK has the board posted in front of Town Hall when you come in and it tells you who has availability. While there on Thursday 5/4, it only showed Tony's and the Plaza with any opennings available for lunch or dinner and that was at 9:00AM. While at the 50s PT, again, they were accepting no walkins. Keep in mind I am talking week days, not weekends. I never expect any opennings on weekends.

MickeyMonstersMom
05-06-2006, 06:48 PM
I just made ADR's for an August trip last week, and LeCellier was booked through dinner hours. I had the choice of 12:45 or 2:15. I had no problems getting ADR's for the other restaurants and times I wanted. Looks like LeC is indeed quite popular lately!

lizanne
05-06-2006, 06:51 PM
Earlier this week I made ADR for LC for Nov 3rd. They had 2 time slots open. I felt silly because we never make ressies this far in advance but last trip we couldn't get one at LC trying at 90 days in advance. We also tried as a walk up when we were there but no luck.

Personally, I don't eat steak but my DH loves it. I hope he's not disappointed.

Minnie
05-06-2006, 07:42 PM
Did you by any chance try to get a lunch ressie?

I just called a couple nights ago and easily added Le Cellier to both my May 14th and July 9th and had my choice of times.

Lunch and dinner are very similar menus only lunch is a little less expensive and easier to book.

Good luck!

knovak
05-06-2006, 07:46 PM
The CM I booked my ADR with told me that LC is as hard to get as Chef Mickey's these days - good luck!

Chickkypoo
05-06-2006, 09:15 PM
We ate at Le Cellier and the Concourse on our last trip, and maybe we just caught Le Cellier on a bad night, but we found the steak at Concourse to be so much better. We're planning on having dinner at the Concourse again this year.

spaceoddity
05-06-2006, 10:46 PM
I have an ADR there for dinner on May 18...it's a little earlier than what i was looking for but at least i got one...I would keep trying maybe they'll have some cancellations?

Tidus
05-07-2006, 06:27 AM
I tried to change my ADR for LC, which is in Aug., for a later time and she said they are booked solid. It's kind of funny because my husband was just making fun of me for booking so far ahead! It is crazy, but you have to do it if you want to eat at certain restaurants.

daisyduck123
05-07-2006, 06:30 AM
I have an ADR for Le Cellier on May 16. I made my ressie 180 days in advance. This will be my first time eating there and I'm looking forward to it! :cool1:

We are eating at Le Cellier that day too!! (Our first time also)
What time is your ADR?
Ours is 6:40 p.m.

lowie
05-07-2006, 06:33 AM
The CM I booked my ADR with told me that LC is as hard to get as Chef Mickey's these days - good luck!
i've never had a problem getting chef mickeys, and this is the first time i've ever made ADR's in advance!

NewJersey
05-07-2006, 09:02 AM
chickkypoo,

glad to hear some positive things about concourse!

i still can't believe after reading about everyone's experiences how far in advance they have to book. When we check in, I'm going to give a call to see if anything opened. can't hurt to try! but as long as i'm in disney, I don't care.

8 days!!

PlutoLuvr
05-07-2006, 09:16 AM
If it's a good steak dinner you're looking for, try Jiko. We couldn't get an ADR for LC once, and the CM on the phone suggested Concourse or Jiko for steak. We opted for Jiko since we'd never been to the AKL. Jiko is now a must do for us. We even cancelled an ADR we had at LC later in the week to go back to Jiko. Now we don't even stress about LC. We just enjoy all the other foods at Epcot not worrying about being too full at the end of the park for a steak dinner :)

LeCras
05-07-2006, 09:22 AM
I went to Le Cellier to get a couple of glasses of ice wine when we were at Epcot last week. While I waited for the wine a few people came in to check availability for that same evening. The response was the same every time: "I'm sorry, but we are booked solid for the next three to four weeks".

If you want to eat at Le Cellier, make an ADR... :)

Charlotte

NewJersey
05-07-2006, 09:56 AM
If it's a good steak dinner you're looking for, try Jiko. We couldn't get an ADR for LC once, and the CM on the phone suggested Concourse or Jiko for steak. We opted for Jiko since we'd never been to the AKL. Jiko is now a must do for us. We even cancelled an ADR we had at LC later in the week to go back to Jiko. Now we don't even stress about LC. We just enjoy all the other foods at Epcot not worrying about being too full at the end of the park for a steak dinner :)

Is Jiko on DDP?

DisneyWorldWisher
05-07-2006, 10:08 AM
Yes, but it's two TS credits.

Anyway, I know about Le Cellier! We were trying to book an ADR for 7 for 9/26 and the only dinner timeslot they had was 8:50pm!
We took the reservation, but I think we're going to half to cancel it.

No other restaurant outside of WDW requires reservations 120+ days in advance! It's ridicicolous how long in advance you have to make your ADRs for WDW.

crazy4wdw
05-07-2006, 10:48 AM
What time is your ADR?

Our ADR is for 6:10 PM! Hope to see you there! Will you wearing a green ribbon?

Mulan82
05-07-2006, 03:53 PM
i have an ADR for Le Cellier on may 15th. i have no idea what time though. i've heard so many good things about the place that i made it my last ADR of our trip!

NewJersey
05-07-2006, 04:37 PM
i have an ADR for Le Cellier on may 15th. i have no idea what time though. i've heard so many good things about the place that i made it my last ADR of our trip!

Any chance you'll give it up and send it over here! (wishful thinking) :yay:

maxiesmom
05-07-2006, 04:40 PM
When I booked my ADR's for October, the CM told me Le Ceiller was almost as popular as Cinderella's Royal Table. I ended up with a 7 p.m. ressie. I hope the food tastes as good as it sounds!

magsmom
05-07-2006, 04:55 PM
LC is very good - try the filet with the blue cheese.
I was still able to move LC from August 16 to the 13th today - a small miracle considering that is free dining is around that time.

We've also tried Concourse, Yachtsman and Jiko. They are all good (and we are going to all of these on our August trip as well).

princessesrule4
05-07-2006, 06:21 PM
You may not want to wait till the last minute but on one of our trips I didn't book LC then got to craving it! We went to Guest Services when we first got to Epcot in the a.m. and they had a 4:30 cancellation! So it might work trying that. One thing I would not recommend is walking up. We've been there 4 times and everytime I have never seen someone be seated as a walk up. They just kept saying they were booked. Mabye they overbook and then don't worry about replacing a cancellation or two?! A couple people were angry because their hotels had told them to try and walk up! If you have time you could just try daily until your trip. Good luck and have a great trip!

Goofy's girl
05-07-2006, 06:31 PM
What time is your ADR?

We will be there also and I think my res. is for 6:30 to bad we can't recognize each other. Linda

ozziewags
05-07-2006, 08:17 PM
After I saw that Coral Reef changed their menu, I tried to switch from CR to LC (last week for June 1) and LC was booked solid. Anyone been to Coral Reef lately? Doesn't seem to have many choices on the menu. Enjoyed LC before, guess we will miss it this trip.

NewJersey
05-07-2006, 08:30 PM
You may not want to wait till the last minute but on one of our trips I didn't book LC then got to craving it! We went to Guest Services when we first got to Epcot in the a.m. and they had a 4:30 cancellation! So it might work trying that. One thing I would not recommend is walking up. We've been there 4 times and everytime I have never seen someone be seated as a walk up. They just kept saying they were booked. Mabye they overbook and then don't worry about replacing a cancellation or two?! A couple people were angry because their hotels had told them to try and walk up! If you have time you could just try daily until your trip. Good luck and have a great trip!

Great advice! I'm going to try calling first thing next Monday when we arrive and then if we don't get anything I'll try guest services when we do Epcot next Tuesday.

Can't wait!!!

DisneyWorldWisher
05-07-2006, 08:34 PM
Amazingly, I managed to get a reservation for 4:30pm September 30th.
Woohoo! :yay:

Mulan82
05-07-2006, 08:58 PM
to be quite honest with you. i have no idea why i made a reservation at Le Cellier. all i read here is things about LC and cheese soup and pretzel bread. it sounds good so i thought i would give it a whirl. i don't even eat steak. ha! go figure. but the lady on the phone that i made the dinner reservations with recommended it so .... maybe you can find one on the black market? i mean, if you can find social security numbers and movies, who says you can't find dinner reservations. :confused3

fish4bills
05-07-2006, 09:29 PM
Is LC a place you would take your children? We have a 3 and 5 year old and would like to eat a few evening meals at a nice restraurant with our children. Any suggestions?

NewJersey
05-07-2006, 09:33 PM
to be quite honest with you. i have no idea why i made a reservation at Le Cellier. all i read here is things about LC and cheese soup and pretzel bread. it sounds good so i thought i would give it a whirl. i don't even eat steak. ha! go figure. but the lady on the phone that i made the dinner reservations with recommended it so .... maybe you can find one on the black market? i mean, if you can find social security numbers and movies, who says you can't find dinner reservations. :confused3

hey, ebay does sell everything basically..maybe someone is selling their reservation to Le Cellier.
:rotfl2:

DisneyWorldWisher
05-08-2006, 04:20 PM
We're going to be cancelling a reservation for 9/26 at 8:50pm soon, so keep calling. :thumbsup2

NYMEDIC
05-08-2006, 06:15 PM
I just called and made ADR's for 6 people for 5/16. They did say it was going to be 2 tables.

MickeyMonstersMom
05-08-2006, 06:22 PM
Is LC a place you would take your children? We have a 3 and 5 year old and would like to eat a few evening meals at a nice restraurant with our children. Any suggestions?

There were several families there with small children when I went a while ago. There are no characters or shows, but the kids' menu offers a little more than many other restaurants - including a kids' steak - and the chocolate "moose" dessert looked fantastic.

BillSears
05-08-2006, 06:37 PM
LC used to be a place I went to for a nice quiet easy lunch or dinner. I remember being able to walk right up just about any time and being seated almost immediately. I think almost almost all of the sit down restaraunts used to be this way. Things sure have changed.

I remember multiple times where we would go up to King Stephans Hall to eat with no reservations. Lunch and dinner were available. :confused3

I guess in the old days people didn't want to give up thier "park" time to eat at a sit down restaraunt. But to me the food has always been a big part of WDW.

daisyduck123
05-08-2006, 06:40 PM
I just called and made ADR's for 6 people for 5/16. They did say it was going to be 2 tables.

We'll be there for dinner that night!!
We have an ADR for 6:40 p.m.

What time is yours?

daisyduck123
05-08-2006, 06:43 PM
We will be there also and I think my res. is for 6:30 to bad we can't recognize each other. Linda

Another Dis'er is going to be there at that time too. I told him I'd have a lime green ribbon on my ponytail (that I'm sure I'll be wearing because of the heat).

I'll be there with DH, DD11 & DS8. We'll have on matching shirts.

We could have a DIS meet right in Le Cellier!! :disrocks:

dtaylor98
05-08-2006, 06:44 PM
We have an ADR for LeCellier on May 18th. We made the ressie at 180 days out.

fish4bills
05-08-2006, 08:36 PM
There were several families there with small children when I went a while ago. There are no characters or shows, but the kids' menu offers a little more than many other restaurants - including a kids' steak - and the chocolate "moose" dessert looked fantastic.

Thank you-I think we will go ahead and try to get in. The kids are USUALLY pretty well behaved but they also have never been to Disney so I'm hoping that with an afternooon nap they will be rested and we may all have a nice meal.

Luv4Disney
05-08-2006, 09:39 PM
Central NJ here too!

I had an ADR for LC a few months ago but then had to change it on April 20th for May 21st. I got a 7:30pm, which I thought was pretty good since we're planning on seeing Illumnations earlier in the trip. I was pretty pleased, but nervous because I thought it'd be booked. Keep trying! People cancel all the time. But yes, like last year for example, we were waiting for our table in Canada and they turned away all walk-ins-actually, this happened at multiple restaurants throughout our trip, even though the parks weren't busy. Crazy. :thumbsup2

lynlam
05-09-2006, 07:00 AM
Wow, i guess we were pretty lucky when we were there in March...we got walk up seating for 8 at lunch time during spring break! :cool1: At first they said they were booked, but another CM came up and said that they could take us right away. It was awesome...LOVED the pretzel bread. And it was a great place to take the kids too. We had 4 under the age of 8 with us.

That was the only sit down that we did all week. We didn't have the dining plan. Next time, I think I'd like to do the DP even though I think it ends up costing us more than we would have spent...I really want to try so many of the other fabulous restaurants.

kimberh
05-10-2006, 12:01 AM
When you get to the park go to Guest services and see if they can get you in. I saw them get a family into a restaurant last year after the restaurant had told another family that there wasn't anything for 3 days. Maybe they hold a few tables and maybe they don't but it won't hurt to check.

NewJersey
05-10-2006, 09:17 AM
update!!

i called and they had something open up for Monday night but we are doing dinner in GF because we are seeing wishes that night and it would throw off the rest of the week's ADR's. I'm not giving up!!!

n2mm
05-10-2006, 10:02 AM
I called yesterday for my October trip (the last full week of the month) and could barely get a decent time for a party of 6. I tried 5 different nights and they either had 4:30 or after 8:00PM, except the one time I took, which was 7:20PM. Still not good, but didn't want to wait too long. I also booked a table for 2 the week before and had no problem getting a decent time.