PDA

View Full Version : Snacking our way through the World Showcase...

MNborn
05-06-2006, 10:44 AM
Hi-
If you were going to get a snack and/or drink in every country of the World Showcase (in one evening's time), what would you suggest?

Jesussavedme
05-06-2006, 12:30 PM
We usually start with a margarita and nachos (we ask for no beans) in Mexico...YUM! and one serving is enough snack for 2.

Desserts in Norway, fried rice in China, cheesecake in France, soft pretzel in America (much better than the ones in Germany), tea in England, then cheddar cheese soup and pretzel bread in Canada (you can get it to go at Le Cellier, before 6pm), and I think that's about all that we've snacked on.

Enjoy!! You'll have so much fun!
but chances are you'll be hurtin' afterwards! :lmao:

KMP
05-06-2006, 01:01 PM
I'd skip the gelato from Italy!

MNborn
05-07-2006, 10:30 AM
bump!

GoldenAfternoon
05-07-2006, 11:32 AM
We've also enjoyed snacking on a children's meal in China and fish and chips from England.

barbmouse
05-07-2006, 11:38 AM
Gelato in Italy for me!!

Ang1e
05-07-2006, 05:16 PM
We tried to snack arounf the World last August. We tried to snack around the World last August. The 4 of us decided to take it in turns to chose something from each country to share.

Here's what we managed -

Mexico – Gabs chose a churros for us to share and I HAD to try a frozen margarita……unfortunately Gabs took a liking to it too and I had to keep prising it out of her hands….12 years olds! Honestley!

Norway – Gianni chose a Lefse – a wrap spread with sugary butter – yum!

China – Enz chose 2 things to try – Egg Rolls & vegetable Lo-Mein.

Germany – I chose a pretzel (yes I know they’re available all over the place for us to try but the only other choices were sausages) and a beer which was split evenly between all four of us. Must stop the kids drinking in public

Italy – by now the kids were hot and thirsty so the sharing a snack thing started to fall apart! The children had a granita each; Enz and espresso and I had a cappuccino (why? As if I wasn’t feeling the heat already – this made it worse!) and a biscotti which tasted just like my gran’s home-made ones. :goodvibes

Ang1e
05-07-2006, 05:21 PM
Ooops double post!