PDA

View Full Version : Refillable Mugs Question - Not a Debate :)

Kayleebug
05-06-2006, 09:41 AM
We're staying at the All Stars Music for 2 nights and POR for 7 nights. Can we buy a refillable mugs from the ASM and turn it in for a POR mug if we show our receipt? It seems like I've read something about this before, but I'm not sure. Thanks!

Sherri
05-06-2006, 09:48 AM
I would like to know this as well, we are going to be staying at the POP for two nights then on to the WL all on the same trip. Seems like it would be a good idea. I hope what you read is true.

Kitka
05-06-2006, 10:34 AM
I doubt it because of the 'this is good for this resort and stay only' policy... I'd just wait and buy one at POR. I can't imagine they'd take everyone's used cups and give them new ones free or give them two for the price of one just because they switched resorts. :confused3

AJKMOM
05-06-2006, 10:34 AM
The mugs are good for the resort you buy them at, for the length of stay at that resort. If I were you, I'd skip getting one at All Stars and wait unitl the longer stay at POR. There is no way to "turn" one resort mug into another.

formernyer
05-06-2006, 11:09 AM
I would like to know this as well, we are going to be staying at the POP for two nights then on to the WL all on the same trip. Seems like it would be a good idea. I hope what you read is true.

Good idea for the customer maybe, but how could it possibly be a good idea for Disney? It's not like they can wash out your mug and resell it. If they let you do this they'd basically be just giving you a free mug since they'd have to throw out the old one.

PrincessPatty
05-06-2006, 11:12 AM
We originally were going to stay at POP, while we were waiting for our rooms, we ate at the food court and bought our mugs. My mom was unhappy with the resort so we called our TA and had our reservations switched to CBR, when we arrived there, we asked about our mugs at check in and they told us to just use the POP mugs for the rest of our stay at CBR. Not sure if this true all the time, or because we were unhappy with our first resort. :confused3

Kayleebug
05-06-2006, 12:18 PM
Once again, I'm not looking for a debate on who's right/wrong, etc. I thought I had read on the DIS boards one time that someone had done that. I may have gotten it confused. Thanks!

Maggi May
05-06-2006, 12:23 PM
Kayleebug, you might want to post your question on the Resort Board, too. There are a lot of discussions about split resort stays and maybe someone can help.

cdntourguide
05-06-2006, 12:27 PM
The only time that you can return one of the mugs is if it is defective: a couple of years ago an order of mug tops did not fit the mugs and caused abig problem with leakages: so the resorts refunded money (or gave you a new mug/top).
Regarding using a Mug at a different resort, it is best if you asked at the resort: not here.

paulh
05-06-2006, 01:27 PM
we had a simmilar experance we were in movies and checked in got mugs then saw pool shut for renovations.went to desk asked to change to pop they obliged we asked about mugs and were told "there is no problem using them at pop no need to change them".Also if your booking runs on from anouther one disney classes it as a contionus stay so there would be no problem using the same mugs.The only resort where there might be an isue is CSR where you give your mug to a cast member to fill up
Paulh

bicker
05-06-2006, 02:34 PM
Disney hasn't published any offers that mentioned being able to transfer refillable mugs from one resort to another. They might make special exceptions for individual guests, but on a case-by-case basis, and unfortunately guests cannot plan on having such generosity directed their way. In this case, the OP is in the unfortunately position of not knowing until a couple of days into the trip, whether they'll be gifted in that manner. My personal recommendation, therefore, would be to skip the refillable mugs.

Kayleebug
05-06-2006, 05:53 PM
I'll probably skip the mugs at ASM. No fridge in the room, either! :sad2: Well, it's only for 2 nights. Thanks for the advice. Either way, we're going back to Disney World!!! :cheer2: