PDA

View Full Version : Best Resturant for 7 year old's birthday

Mickeyteacher
05-06-2006, 10:04 AM
We are traveling with a family that has never been to Disney. There are a lot of us going - 8 adults and 7 children (ages 7 months to 7 years old). The oldest child will be celebrating his birthday on one of the days we are at Disney in December. As we make our dinning plan, what is the best place to take a birthday boy? Can we order a cake?

Any help is welcome!
Thanks,
Shawna

Amyrlin
05-06-2006, 10:12 AM
Hmmm, as the birthda is for a boy if you want a character meal then I would say Chef Mickey, if you want a fun rather than Character meal I would look at Whispering Canyon Cafe.

Janet-TX
05-06-2006, 10:15 AM
We did our nephew's 7 year birthday at WDW in 2001 and had a ball. This was a family trip of 10 people total.

We started the day at AK with Donald's Breakastosauras. They brought our nephew a muffin with a candle, and with characters and waitstaff around, we all sang happy birthday. He was thrilled.

We ended the day at the Yachtman Steak House at YC. At the end of the dinner, they brought my nephew a Mickey shaped cake with candles, surrounded by chocolate pieces in different shapes. Then several of the waitstaff, the family and a good portion of the restaurant sang happy birthday to my nephew. It was fabulous! The waiter we had that night was great....always joking with the kids, and adults alike. He added alot to the evening as well.

Good luck with whatever you decided to do! Can't go wrong at WDW. :cool1:

wifey
05-06-2006, 12:49 PM
:goodvibes Either Chef Mickey's or Garden Grill (where you get a decent size cake that serves 6-8 just make sure you tell them when you book up)!! :thumbsup2 :goodvibes

guy2man
05-06-2006, 01:00 PM
Last year DD had her 7th b-day at liberty tree tavern. It is great for kids!! You meet all the charecters except mickey.You get a huge meal and then the birthday boy gets a cupcake. :thumbsup2

roliepolieoliefan
05-06-2006, 11:59 PM
My 8yo DS LOVES Chef Mickeys. For every trip, each person gets to pick one restaurant for us to eat. DS ALWAYS picks Chef Mickeys.

We had DD's birthday there last year. They did a real good job. She loved it!

daisyduck123
05-07-2006, 07:28 AM
Chef Mickey's gets my vote!! Also from my DD11 & DS8!

Nikki_Mouse
05-07-2006, 08:28 AM
We ate at Chef Mickey's and it was our favorite meal of the trip! My DS7 celebarted his birthday at Donald's in AK. Our server was fantastic. DS received a card signed by all of the characters there and they , including characters, gathered around our table of everyone sang happy bday! It was awesome. My DD4 will be celebrating her birthday in June at 1900 Park Fare- on her actual birthday! Just us two girls going! Can't wait