PDA

View Full Version : Celebration city

nicoleakr
05-05-2006, 09:43 PM
Is there such a thing at Disney called celebration city. Someone told us to check it out.Just wondering if it was real.

momrek06
05-05-2006, 09:48 PM
OP: ABout 5 miles away from WDW (maybe more maybe less) is a small little town called CELEBRATION. DH & I stayed there in Feb before our WDW vacation. We had an extra day and stayed at the Celebration Hotel. It is adorable. The town is quite small and very neat and very clean and the homes are all LOVELY. We looked at a townhouse open house and about 2000 sq feet was $450,000!!!! YUP!!! They have ONE OFFICER. They have afew lovely restaurants but no TARGET or CVS type stores. They have a SPA and I got a mani/pedi and DH got his hair cut BUT very $$$$!!!!

Maybe someone else can post about its history...it USED to be associated with DISNEY but not anymore from what I understand.

There is a BEAUTIFUL hospital in Celebration as well that I believe WDW uses IF anyone is sick/ill/injured while at WDW.
:goodvibes

nicoleakr
05-05-2006, 09:51 PM
Thank you so much!!

12 days until we go to wdw

mdhkitten
05-05-2006, 10:06 PM
Here's the website. It looks like it still does belong to Disney. The site still has their copyright, and under the privacy policy, the email address is a Disney one. Hope this helps! :goodvibes

http://www.celebrationfl.com/index.html

NewJersey
05-05-2006, 10:09 PM
wow i love those condos!!!

the pricing is what the market is like up here in New Jersey and the northeast. outrageous!!

momrek06
05-05-2006, 10:20 PM
It looks like it still does belong to Disney.

[/url]

Kitten: If you look again at that site you posted you will note under PRESS ROOM the Coming Events are dated BACK to Jan 2004 and BEFORE that 2003! I believe that is an OLD site! They do NOT list any activities for 2004-2005-2006... :confused3

When we spoke with the sales agent for the townhouse we looked at while in Celebration in Feb 2006, he got into more details than I needed about how it really is not part of WDW anymore!!!

I am hoping someone else that is more familiar with Celebration will post here.

OnceUponAStar*
05-06-2006, 12:29 AM
Celebration is actrually built on some of the disney property and yes it does belong to the Disney Company. Celebration is kind of what Walt Disney wanted to originally do with EPCOT in his original plans.

mom2of2
05-06-2006, 05:31 AM
Celebration is actrually built on some of the disney property and yes it does belong to the Disney Company. Celebration is kind of what Walt Disney wanted to originally do with EPCOT in his original plans.

Actually it doesn't belong to Disney anymore. Disney got out a few years ago.
Here's a better website http://www.celebrationinfo.com/

My DS15 attends Celebration High School and really likes it. It's a nice town and they do all kinds of festivals and stuff. We go over quite often to visit the weekly Farmer's Market and eat a meal.
Prices have skyrocked in the last 2 years or so.

barbmouse
05-06-2006, 02:56 PM
We went into Celebration because we had always wanted to visit there. It is very quaint. We went to use a bank there and my Dd and I went into an adorable kid's clothing/toy store or maybe it was a doll store I forget but loved riding around town.

momrek06
05-06-2006, 06:34 PM
Actually it doesn't belong to Disney anymore. Disney got out a few years ago.

THANK YOU!! THAT IS WHAT I THOUGHT. DISNEY IS NO LONGER INVOLVED WITH CELEBRATION. :thumbsup2

diznygirl
05-06-2006, 11:30 PM
We went into Celebration because we had always wanted to visit there. It is very quaint. We went to use a bank there and my Dd and I went into an adorable kid's clothing/toy store or maybe it was a doll store I forget but loved riding around town.

Actually, there is a doll store - Daydreams - AND an adorable kid's clothing store - Lollipop Cottage.

As for Disney, they are still here. They operate under the subsidiary The Celebration Company and they owned the downtown area (two streets, restaurants, shops, offices - think outdoor mall) but sold it to Lexin.

The Celebration Company still owns land in Celebration that has not yet been developed. Also, they retain one seat on the homeowner's association. That is, until he next election.

Anyway, enough of the history lesson. Come, visit, have something to eat, sit in one of the rocking chairs by the lake and then drive around and look at all the pretty houses.

:goodvibes