PDA

View Full Version : OK Why

Queen2
05-05-2006, 08:47 PM
After everytime I post A check mark is placed at end of Sentence. Some have it at the begining, others don't have it at all. :confused3

Just asking

lbgraves
05-05-2006, 09:15 PM
Hmmmmm......not sure what you are talking about. Could you do a screen print & post it?

Jillpie
05-05-2006, 09:21 PM
I know what you mean and I'd like to know the answer too.

KimberlyC
05-05-2006, 09:23 PM
A check mark appears on the main page after the title of each thread you have posted on to let you know that you have subscribed. Is this what you are talking about? :confused3

A check mark appearing on the main page before a title of a thread indicates a new thread you haven't viewed.

No check mark is a thread you haven't subscribed to which isn't new since you visited last. At least I think this is correct. I don't read every thread but only the ones that are bolded with check marks are the new ones since I last visited.

dletz
05-06-2006, 01:15 AM
If you have your preferences set to subsribe to a thread when you reply then you, everytime you reply you are subscribing to the thread. You will then see a check mark on the far right showing you that it you have subscribbed.

You don't have to subscribe to every thread you reply to, and for that matter you don't have to reply to a thread to subscribe to it.

Every time you visit, the threads that are new or have new posts since your last visit will be in bold. The checkmark to the left will take you to the first unseen post in that thread. This is a big help to me since I read the boards in Firefox, I go through the page and right click the check mark and select open in new tab. I do this for a whole page at a time, and open about 10 or more tabs with the threads I am interested in reading. Then I go through them one by one, read what I want and close the tab. It makes reading a lot faster than clicking back and forth all the time.

Queen2
05-06-2006, 06:37 AM
Thanks for the help, must be DIS board challenged.:confused: On the main page some titles don't have checked marks either in front or back. :confused3

It is ok nothing to lose sleep over :lmao:

Dletz, love the picture I quess of your daughter.

WDWLVR
05-06-2006, 06:40 AM
Thanks for the help, must be DIS board challenged.:confused: On the main page some titles don't have checked marks either in front or back. :confused3

It is ok nothing to lose sleep over :lmao:

The ones that have no check marks mean there hasn't been any new posts since the last time you were here.

Those that have check marks to the left mean there are new posts since you were here. Those that have check marks to the left mean that you are subscribed to that thread.

Hope that makes it a little clearer.

Queen2
05-06-2006, 06:48 AM
Thank-you, I think I get it now :thumbsup2

pandamom
05-08-2006, 09:19 AM
And if you click on the check mark at the start of the thread it will jump down to the first new post on that thread since your last visit. :)

TheWog
05-08-2006, 09:41 AM
And if you click on the check mark at the start of the thread it will jump down to the first new post on that thread since your last visit. :)

which makes it much easier, especially with multiple pages in a thread.