PDA

View Full Version : Best Flounders Tips!

Tim_from_PGH
05-05-2006, 08:12 PM
2 Questions:

1. I think I read somewhere here that you can book more than the 10 hours (that you can pre-reserve online) for Flounders once you are on-board based on availability. Anyone have the skinny on this?

2. What are some things that you wish your little ones were with you or Not with you for on the cruise? We have 3...the 2 wee ones are DS 1 and DS 2 and we are trying to plot out a reasonable plan for family time and adult time.

Cindi0511
05-05-2006, 10:28 PM
Yes, extra Flounders time is based on availability once you are aboard ship. Just go to the nursery and ask!

For us, we love to have our kids with us, and our daughter who was 2.5 at the time of our last cruise, only spent about six hours in Flounders: 2 for our dinner at Palo and 4 during a Snuba excursion. Again, all of your planning will have to revolve around how your kids are with being left with "strangers", even Disney strangers.

But I'm betting you'll have a great cruise and they will, too!

Serena6010
05-05-2006, 11:36 PM
When we used flounders I tried to alternate 1 day, 2 hours in the morning, next day 2 hours at night. This way my DH and I can experience some adult activites that are during the day and some at night. My favorite are the adult comedy shows at night. I also like Match your mate. I believe these are around 10:30pm. Looking at navigators from previous cruise will give you a better idea of whats going on.

earpiemom
05-06-2006, 04:05 PM
Does anyone know if you can register pre-cruise online?

RCBA
05-06-2006, 06:18 PM
Earpiemom you can register pre-cruise online once you are pd in full :)

sirena
05-07-2006, 01:18 AM
I used about 12 hours on the 4 nt cruise. Most of them at night. I had the late seating so I would leave DS1 before we went to dinner, right after the show and sometimes even before the show. I picked him up at 11:30 or so a couple of times, pirate night (which was too breezy and loud for him) and another night we went to one of the adult clubs.