PDA

View Full Version : 1st Time Cruiser

seashells
05-05-2006, 04:22 PM
I am planning my 1st Disney Cruise (actually my 1st cruise ever) and I would like some advice on when to go. I would prefer Nov as its colder here at home and hopefully the "high" from the trip might help me make it through the winter. More important to me is hot weather and warm ocean water. Can anyone tell me if Castaway Cay would be better in Sept or Nov.

I have been spending much time at this site due to wealth of info provided (Thank you). Ive noticed that many travellers are couples. I am a single parent and I am afraid of my kids having so much fun that they wont want to hang with me. Will I have fun on this cruise, is it "okay" to dine at Palo's or any of the restaurants by myself, are there interactive activities for the adults. I have this scary image of myself at the bar sipping a drink in silence for seven days.

Thanks for your help.

musicgirl
05-05-2006, 05:19 PM
I'm not a singel parent, but I do know that the people on board are so friendly. Many times I went to things by myself and had fun enjoying it whether it was in the hot tubs or adult activities.

Also, when you do choose your cruise, find the date on the cruise meet board (at the top of this one) and get to know people ahead of time. I've been e-mailing my tablemate for about a year now. I can't wait to meet her! We've planned 2 of our port days together.

You might also be able to link dinner ressies with a diser on the meet board.

As for the water temps, I think if you check the DCL site, it lists the temps for the ports year round. I know what you mean about warm water. I don't want to go to beaches if it's not warm enough to venture into the water.

Cindi0511
05-05-2006, 09:34 PM
My blood is so thin that it freezes solid when the temp outside hits 55 degrees. :rotfl2: My personal opinion is that the weather, barring hurricanes of course, is better for cruising in September if you want to be in the water. But do check out that link for water temps.

And I second the advice on going to the cruise meets board. I can't imagine you'd be by yourself unless you wanted to be. I've gotten to meet so many people on our meets thread that I'm almost beginning to wonder if we'll ever be anywhere on our cruise without DIS friends. :rotfl2: Relax -- plan some excursions your kids will love, if you can afford it, and you'll have plenty of time together and alone. Plan to see at least two or three shows together and go exploring together. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: