PDA

View Full Version : Gifting stateroom credit on Carnival? Anyone know?

JJsmama
05-05-2006, 01:50 PM
Sorry, I know this is in reference to Carnival, but I thought some of you frequent cruisers might be able to help.

My son's teacher is taking a Carnival cruise this summer for her son's graduation. Money is tight and she is stressed about it. The class wanted to give a group $$ gift for end of the year teacher appreciation and we wondered if we could apply a stateroom credit for her. Does anyone know?

Otherwise, should we give Traveler's Checks? Does anyone use those anymore?

extraredstuff
05-05-2006, 06:19 PM
What an awesome idea, that's an excellent appreciation gift. She's a lucky teacher :)

Anyways, check this link out, http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/AddToCart.aspx?cat=GiftCertificates&pid=FSD, you can order gift certificates online.

For what it's worth, I also have a brand new Carnival coupon book (picked up on the Imagination a couple weeks ago), never used a single thing from it. I could send it if you want to PM me.

--Sarah

CGC33A
05-05-2006, 07:19 PM
for information on other cruise lines (including DCL-but this is better IMHO) try the Cruise Critic website www.cruisecritic.com . I gave gift cert of sorts from Carnival for drinks to a friend going on a Carnival cruise. They had them ready for her on the ship (I had to give them her sailing date).

JJsmama
05-06-2006, 06:37 AM
Thanks to both of you. Sarah, I will PM you. She'd love the coupon book. Very sweet offer.

Jennifer

ruadisneyfan2
06-04-2006, 10:53 AM
We've cruised on Carnival before and you can purchase stateroom credits or buy gifts like wine, birthday/anniversary cakes, pre-paid coupons for alcoholic drinks or soda, room decorations, flowers, etc. I often buy "Fun Ship Dollars" for my parents when I don't know what else to buy them for Christmas and b-days.