PDA

View Full Version : Topsiders Dinner Buffet

earpiemom
05-05-2006, 08:30 AM
Can someone tell me about the dinner buffet at Topsiders. Does the menu change each night or is it the same the entire week? Thanks so much!!

ragdoll
05-05-2006, 08:43 AM
DH and I love dining in Topsiders for dinner. It is a very nice alternative to the main restaurants. More peacefull, quiet and relaxing. It is not a buffet for dinner. You will be seated and served, except for the salad bar. There is a beef dish and a fish dish each night and several other choices. The menu does change daily. I would give it a try if I were you.

earpiemom
05-05-2006, 08:50 AM
Thanks so much for the information. I guess I just assumed it was a buffet. We thought we might use this some if our seating remains the late seating. We have a 23 month old and he will not be a good dining guest I'm afraid at 8:00. So, we were thinking Topsiders would be maybe a good option. Am I correct in thinking that you don't have an assigned time. Also, are you seated at a table alone or with other quests? Thanks!

ragdoll
05-05-2006, 08:56 AM
Topsiders dinner hours are 6:30-8:30. You do not have an assigned time. You are seated alone. DH and I ask for a table by the window. If it is still light out it is wonderful! They do not use the outdoor seating for dinner. Also you do not need to dress for dinner. It is very casual and especially nice if you are worn out and don't feel like changing.

MrsJobba1
05-05-2006, 08:57 AM
Thank you for the information.
I have never had dinner there but its good to know you can.
I had thought it was a buffet too!
;)

Mdlex
05-05-2006, 12:32 PM
I have not cruised on DCL yet. Does Topsiders have a breakfast and Lunch buffet? If so, what kind of items do they serve?

ragdoll
05-05-2006, 12:52 PM
Yes, Topsiders does have a breakfast and lunch buffet. In eight cruises we have always had breakfast and lunch at Topsiders because we want to sit outside. For breakfast they serve a variety of fruit, scrambled eggs, potatoes, muffins, toast, donuts, cereals...plenty of choices. Don't forget, though, once you pass up the buffet to your right you will find and omelet station. They will freshly prepare your omelet with the fixings you choose. Don't miss it. Much better than scrambled eggs.

Lunch is usually themed, America, Asian, Italian, Mexican, seafood. Again, a wide variety of choices. There also is a station (where the omelets were) where they prepare a dish or have fajita fixings on Mexican day. Keep this in mind because that is where you will find some of the best food and it is easy to miss. There are also a variety of salads and desserts.

MamaCrush
05-05-2006, 01:19 PM
We actually never went to the Topsiders Dinner because we liked our servers so much! They were absolutely great with our two kids and we didn't want to miss seeing them!

That being said, this next time we may try it simply for the flexibility it offers. No set seating and all that. But we'll see! It's so nice to have these decisions to make!