PDA

View Full Version : pillow question

dreamcometrue
05-04-2006, 06:23 PM
I am a pillow snob, and at home, I have down pillows only. I am actually so anal about my pillow that I have been known to lug them around to hotels when we travel. Of course, this is only possible when we travel by car, because my pillows would take up an insane amount of space in the luggage otherwise. Another thing is...I like to sleep with 3 pillows!

So question...since it's obviously not possible to lug my 3 down pillows from California all the way to Florida and onto the ship...does DCL have/offer down pillows? Do you have to ask for them? Also, can I ask for extra pillows? If I can't have the down pillows, I'd at least want 3 regular ones! :goodvibes

Verandah Man
05-04-2006, 06:39 PM
I am a pillow snob, and at home, I have down pillows only. I am actually so anal about my pillow that I have been known to lug them around to hotels when we travel. Of course, this is only possible when we travel by car, because my pillows would take up an insane amount of space in the luggage otherwise. Another thing is...I like to sleep with 3 pillows!

So question...since it's obviously not possible to lug my 3 down pillows from California all the way to Florida and onto the ship...does DCL have/offer down pillows? Do you have to ask for them? Also, can I ask for extra pillows? If I can't have the down pillows, I'd at least want 3 regular ones! :goodvibes

My DW also needs 3 pillows to sleep with because of a hip problem she has. DW asked our room host and he took care of the request right away. I always take "my pillow" with me whenever, wherever, and however we travel. I don't leave home without it, it's the first thing in my suitcase. Not anal, just can't sleep without it.

RCBA
05-04-2006, 06:44 PM
I'm glad to hear this! My DH also sleeps with 3 pillows due to a hip problem.

sstucush
05-04-2006, 07:48 PM
I also take my pillow on every overnight trip. Unfortunately, my two DDs have adopted my habit and now we need an entire suitcase just for pillows. I just love my pillow!

professorandmom
05-04-2006, 08:52 PM
I am a very picky pillow person (need two as well) and didn't have any problems on the ship - they had just the right fluff level and I had no problem getting more
Barb

videogal1
05-04-2006, 09:04 PM

My complaint about the DCL pillows is that they are so rubbery and full of filling...very bouncy....My preference is a down non-pillow....I usually toss the DCL pillows in a corner and do without....

...the rocking of the ship compensates for a pillow-less bed...zzzzzzz!
:cloud9:

lbgraves
05-04-2006, 09:16 PM
The ship is the best place for sleep away from home for me. :) I have a bad back & always wake up during the night in hotels or when visiting anyone. :( I sleep like a baby on the ship. The pillows & mattress are perfect for me & my back doesn't hurt a tiny bit all week. :)

tvguy
05-04-2006, 09:25 PM
I'm sure they'll bring you as many pillows are you need. The pillows in our room weren't down, so I don't know if they have them available, but you can ask. Since so many people are allergic to down pillows, I suspect that's why they aren't automatically in the cabins.