PDA

View Full Version : Any chance an almost 3 year old could go to kids club?

lornak
05-04-2006, 02:57 PM
Friends are sailing less than three weeks from their daughter's third birthday. She is potty trained. Any chance she could participate in kids club? They would be willing to pay the over 3 rate if that was an option.... Any insight is appreciated!

mom2dil
05-04-2006, 03:21 PM
They did allow my son to go in to the Club, he was 2 months from turning 3 and he had an older brother in the Club so they let him come in. They just told me that he had to be fully potty trained and they did charge me a fee but it wasn't much. He did better in the Club with his brother than he would have done in Flounders. I only took him for short periods of time just to be sure. Hope this helps!

KimberlyC
05-04-2006, 03:27 PM
I asked this same question and was told yes! That they would try it on a trial basis if DS was potty trained. I guess if kids are within a month of their b-day they can move up a level and your DD will be within a month, allowed to move up from Flounders to the club.

kcashner
05-04-2006, 04:40 PM
THe child must be within 30 days of the birthday that would allow them into the next age group. For the Oceaneer's club, they must be potty trained.

2 year olds who are not potty trained may play in the Oceaneer's Club with a parent present.

Participation is on a "space available " basis. If the number of children in theClub is approaching the maximum allowed for the number of counsellors, a child may be briefly denied admission--until a few kids check out. If there are just too many 3 year olds on the cruise, they can deny participation to a 2 11/12 year old. I have personally seen them not allow check-ins for a brief period. I have not seen younger kids flat out denied participation.

sap1227
05-04-2006, 06:15 PM
My son will turn 3 while we are on the ship and the other little girl we are going with will be 6 weeks away from 3 when we are cruising. IF (and it is a big if) the potty training is completed, we are hoping they will both be able to go up with big brother and sister. We will schedule the required times in Flounders (brunch and dinner at Palo) to be safe.

Christy

lbgraves
05-04-2006, 06:39 PM
The main condition is that the child is PTd. They will review each child individually and after a trail basis, will make a decision. The CMs do not go into the bathrooms to assist the kids at all. There have been kids approved within a few months of their 3rd bday.

CGC33A
05-04-2006, 09:39 PM
I took my almost 3 year old DD on one cruise (she turned 3 during). She was potty trained (but I know she wasn't great with her clothes, washing hands after etc). We were with a friend who was 3 3/4 at the time. Both were in preschool together so they were used to being away from Mom & Dad (and had each other in the club). My plan was to go to the club every hour or 2 to check on them take her to the bathroom so I could help her (since the cast members can't). The policy in the club is that kids are sent to the BR when they get there to wash hands first (and do anything they need to do) before they could join in. All of that said, DD was too timid to spend any time in the club. was there maybe 2 or 3 hours total. Glad she got over that in a hurry-next cruise she kept wanting to go & then not leave.

pyramid2000
05-05-2006, 10:46 AM
They did allow my son to go in to the Club, he was 2 months from turning 3 and he had an older brother in the Club so they let him come in. They just told me that he had to be fully potty trained and they did charge me a fee but it wasn't much. He did better in the Club with his brother than he would have done in Flounders. I only took him for short periods of time just to be sure. Hope this helps!

They charged you a fee?!?!?! I don't think this is policy. It didn't happen to me and I have never heard something like this before. Only problem I encountered was they wanted to wait to have the trial period until the middle of KW day (2nd day) because of the new policy on the Magic with not leaving the kids there on the first day. I was persistant and they let her in on the morning of day 2. She was a week shy of 3.