PDA

View Full Version : Windsor Hills vs. Emerald Island

caribbound
05-04-2006, 08:14 AM
:cheer2: You guys did a good job convincing me that my party of 10 might be better suited in a larger home then either 2 2Brs or one 3/4 BR timeshare villa. The price is about the same to a bit more, looking in the $1100-$1500 range for 5/6 BR homes including tax and pool heat for 8 nights.

I didn't find out about Windsor Hills until after going through the four others someone had suggested, then was I excited! It was like getting the thrills of timeshare resorts with the space and privacy of a home environment. Maybe not planned activities, but we don't participate in much anyway. I just like the cool pools, one big slide is enough, and the movie theater and games room are very cool.

After looking and trying to decide and etc etc I began to miss the serenity of Emerald Island or maybe more specifically Sunset Lakes with it's peaceful views. I know Emerald Island has good reviews, and even Sunset Lakes though their offerings are minimal in comparison if we're not spending many days at the parks. Has anyone stayed at Windsor Hills and felt like it was all it's cracked up to be? Obviously homeowners at either would be biased. Is the pool warm enough in january with those big pools? A home with a games room is a requirement, as is a spa, but if it doesn't have a pool table is it hard to get a game at the clubhouse or are people good about taking turns? Lastly, I love the looks of the clubhouse lounge area. It doesn't look like they serve anything, so can people bring their own drinks or snacks while the kids are swimming or in the games room and hang out in the comfy chairs?
Ok, one more, one of the homes is across from the playground. Good for proximity, but if you've been there, would that be obnoxiously noisy (remember low season) or is it so big you dont notice. That home also backs up to other homes where as the other two contenders have either lake view (5BR-cheaper) or a hill of grass (identical 6BR but no kid's theme rooms-cheaper). :confused3 This is so difficult!
I went back through my listings from other subdivisions, but their prices weren't lower so it doesn't make much sense, unless an Emerald Island owner wants to PM what will be added before Jan '07, to go with less community ammenities.
TIA--you guys have been great.

spiceycat
05-04-2006, 10:09 AM
I have only read here good reviews about either place. If there was a bad one it would be here....

the only complaint I had read was a handicapped person needed a first floor be assured there was one only to arrive and find steps....I think I would gotten mad too...

and I don't think it was at either place....

Julylady
05-04-2006, 12:21 PM
We stayed in Emerald Island this April in a 6-bedroom pool home. It was just terrific! Very, very comfortable home. We used the Sherberth Road short cut to get to WDW. The supermarket was "on the way." Lots of restaurants (both fast food and nicer spots) very close by. On our last night we stopped by the clubhouse and printed out our boarding passes.

I haven't stayed anywhere else, but I would certainly recommend Emerald Island.

Donna

tbrenk
05-04-2006, 01:06 PM
Cari...we are renting a 6 bedroom home in Emerald Island. The owners have been wonderful to work with. It does have a game room (just installed items last week). The home is on a cul-de-sac so it looks nice and private.

We got a great rate. I could PM you the link if you are intersted.

djm99
05-05-2006, 01:20 PM
I am renting a 4BR 3.5 Bath townhouse in Emerald Island. Its only $99 a night ($690 a week) + 13% tax. You can hardly find a suite hotel at $99 night in Orlando let alone a 4 BR townhouse. The owner seems really nice. I didn't pay the owner directly, I paid the management company the $200 deposit and the remaining balance is due when we arrive. The management company emailed me information needed for check in. The owner also sent me great coupons and information about Orlando. Now, all I'm waiting on is July 29. Hope this helps.... 4 BR townhouse in Emerald Island (http://www.vrbo.com/66164)