PDA

View Full Version : We need PIXIE DUST!!!

mom x4,grandma x4
05-04-2006, 06:17 AM
All of us who are crusing today on the Wonder need all the Pixie dust, prayers and fingers crossed that the roads will stay open enough for all of us to safely get to the port on time!!! pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Thanks to everyone,
your fellow disers on the May 4th cruise.
:wave:

MB MinnieGirl
05-04-2006, 06:43 AM
:wizard: :wizard:

Pixie dust coming your way for safe travel to the ship and for a WONDERFUL CRUISE!! Enjoy every moment....tell the mouse we will be there in 3 months and can't wait :goodvibes

Happy Cruising!!! :cool1: :woohoo: :yay: :cool1: :woohoo: :yay:

~~~Kelly

linnied
05-04-2006, 07:13 AM
maybe my head is in the sand, but what is happening that the roads might be closed and where??? :confused3

Pixie dust :wizard: and prayers are coming your way inspite of my :confused3

mom x4,grandma x4
05-04-2006, 07:17 AM
linnied,
there are brush fires near the port area. Thick smoke has had roads closed on and off for the past couple of days. They expect this to be a problem for people for a few weeks since they cant put out the fires, just have to let them burn themselves out. The road closures can change at the slightst change in the wind, so it is a bad situation for those of us having to go that way.
There are alternate routes, but they are a lot longer, traffic will probably be bad and those roads could close at any time too.
luckily no homes lost so far!!
mom x4,grandma x4

E&BMom
05-04-2006, 07:19 AM
Lots of pixie dust :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Have a great time!!!! :wave2:

BuzzBoyMom
05-04-2006, 07:24 AM
Wow. I had no idea. Pixie dust and prayers. Keep us updated!

CTPinkPrincess
05-04-2006, 08:52 AM
Wow!! Loads of pixie dust headed your way!

pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

MJGirl
05-04-2006, 09:03 AM
My fingers are crossed for you ... and here is a dose of Pixie Dust and some Irish luck as well!

:shamrock: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: :shamrock:

TheWog
05-04-2006, 09:34 AM
The skies certainly do look darker, but the Wonder is there.

http://www.opusad.com/radissonwebcam/

Verandah Man
05-04-2006, 11:11 AM
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: Sending plenty of :wizard: your way, my family will be arriving next Thursday evening for our 5-13 cruise.

Stay safe and wishing you well!!! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

DVC Mary
05-04-2006, 11:26 AM
More prayers & pixie dust. pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

Has this ever happened before? What does Disney do? Do they delay leaving port for a few hours to get everyone there?

Cindi0511
05-04-2006, 05:00 PM
We've got bad fires over on our side of the state, too, and it is so stinking dry that everyone is having allergy problems. Be prepared for that, too! Hopefully just one night won't affect many people.

Here's to the Wonder! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

dreamcometrue
05-04-2006, 05:29 PM
hope everything went smoothly! :wizard:

lmok
05-04-2006, 09:20 PM
:wizard: Here is some pixie dust from Oklahoma. We have had our fair share of fires in Ok this year. We have seen first hand the devestation and destruction it has caused so many people. We finally have rain!!! :woohoo:
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: for everyone in Florida.

mom x4,grandma x4
05-07-2006, 10:32 AM
Thanks everyone for all the Pixie dust, it must of helped as several of us just made it, but we DID make it. We were really stressed by the time we arrived!!! All but one person made the dis meet, so I sure hope they made it ok to the ship too.
The smoke was even worse when we got off the ship today. we got part way down 528 and they closed it, so we went back to the area of the terminal on got on Hwy 1, to titusville and proceeded to go down Hwy 1 where we kept seeing roads closed signs and police everywhere. Finally made it home safely. I cant even remember the Hwy we took now, too much stress I guess.
Trip was awesome, I will post a report soon.
Thanks again from all the May 4th disers!!!! :thanks:

mom x4,grandma x4

klineyqueen
05-07-2006, 11:38 AM
I am glad to hear it all worked out for your group! I hope it continues to clear for others...the locals too!

jjatwdw
05-07-2006, 11:53 AM
Is there a web site or telephone number we can use to check on the road conditions? We're leaving in a few weeks and it would be nice to know if there's a problem ahead of time so we can alter our route. Also, are the allergies really bad in Florida this year. They are horrible here in the midwest, but I haven't had too much of a problem in Florida, especially near the coast.

Verandah Man
05-07-2006, 01:13 PM
I just received an e-mail from a dear friend that lives just north of Orlando and she said that the pollen count in her area is through the roof. I know it is bad here in the Mid-Atlantic states as well.

mommasita
05-07-2006, 02:38 PM
Wow..I must have missed this thread in the beginning. I am glad you got the pixie dust you needed, and it all worked out..

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: For those you are still needing it...Especially to the residents... :grouphug:

mom x4,grandma x4
05-07-2006, 03:08 PM
sorry I dont know of an y phone numbers you could call, but I'm sure there must be one some where.
The little blue info signs along the road said tune your radio to 1300 am, we did going both ways and it had NOTHING about road reports. Going to the port it was just static and coming back it was a religious talk show.
we were very frustrate with it!!! Other disers who arrive late afternon like us had the same problems as we had, no signs or information anywhere to help. We just kept heading towards the coast (hwy 1). Finally we saw a DCL cruise us full of people so we followed it to the area of the port. a couple of other disers did the same thing.
Thank heavens for these cruise buses!!! They saved the day for a lot of us. All that pixie dust must :wizard: of landed on those buses!!
mom x4,grandma x4

mom x4,grandma x4
05-07-2006, 03:09 PM
sorry I dont know of any phone numbers you could call, but I'm sure there must be one some where.
The little blue info signs along the road said tune your radio to 1300 am, we did going both ways and it had NOTHING about road reports. Going to the port it was just static and coming back it was a religious talk show.
we were very frustrate with it!!! Other disers who arrive late afternon like us had the same problems as we had, no signs or information anywhere to help. We just kept heading towards the coast (hwy 1). Finally we saw a DCL cruise bus full of people so we followed it to the area of the port. a couple of other disers did the same thing.
Thank heavens for these cruise buses!!! They saved the day for a lot of us. All that pixie dust must :wizard: of landed on those buses!!
mom x4,grandma x4

mecook
05-07-2006, 09:38 PM
Current Road Conditions

Because of periodic road closures in Brevard County due to brush fires, please dial 511 for the most current information on road conditions and alternative routes.

Cindi0511
05-07-2006, 09:48 PM
I'll PM our dearest DIS friend Shirley and see if she knows of any other way to get road reports.

The pollen counts will remain super high until we get a good couple of rains, and this is the driest winter we've had in several years. Pull out your bandanas for Pirate Night and cover your faces until you get on the ship. :rotfl2:

Here's :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: for all you soon-to-board cruisers! Stay safe!!!!!!!

OP, glad you made it and great thinking on following a DCL bus! May there be many on the roads to rescue the lost DISsers! :goodvibes :goodvibes