PDA

View Full Version : Ok Shiley...any GREAT kennels in PC?

callahanjulie10
05-03-2006, 06:11 PM
I am looking for a great kennel that I could leave my dog, Chloe at in PC. I usually have a girl come and stay with her at my house while we are gone, but she is going on vacation the same time as we are. I am in a pickle. My Chloe is a sweet, shy 7 yr old Chinese Crested Powderpuff who loves to be held, petted, and she could be a tad spoiled :sunny:

jgc
05-03-2006, 07:19 PM
I would recommend this one

http://www.barkingham.com/

It's one of the best in the county...it's right up the road from my house....we are about 15 minutes away from the Port though....there are some bad kennels around here so be very careful...this is the only one I know of that I would recommend......they are a tad pricey, but you get what you pay for!! :thumbsup2

I don't know of any in Port Canaveral....but that doesn't mean they aren't there.....someone more familiar with that part of town could help you with that.....

kimszath
05-03-2006, 09:04 PM
Not sure the route you're taking to the port from PCB, but there's a newer kennel in DeLand (about 2 or 3 miles off I-4 Exit 116), opened recently by a British couple. It's not really a kennel--they named it the Royal Dog Hotel (dogs only). The newspaper article about them (nice article in the Daytona Beach paper last week) said they charge $40 per night. They get a private air conditioned trailer, and get lots of personal attention every day. They have a large flower garden and grounds to exercise in--REALLY nice, but pricey... not sure if you're looking for something like that, but personal attention and pampering is pretty much guaranteed. For basic directions, if you're interested, take I-4 to Exit 116, turn towards DeLand (I think that means you turn right off the exit, after it curls around). This is Orange Camp Road. Go straight ahead about a mile, past MLK, to next road on the right after MLK/4101--this is Blue Lake. Go about 2 miles north on Blue Lake--they're on the right. It's maybe 5 or 6 minutes off of I-4. I don't know of anyone who boarded a pet there yet (opened very recently), but the newspaper writeup looked really nice. They also did this for years in the UK.

snelsonbrown
05-04-2006, 06:01 AM
We have one in Cocoa Beach called Bow Meow and their web address is bowmeowboardinggrooming.freeyellow.com and located at 349 N. Orlando Avenue, phone number 321-783-7684 BUT IF I WAS EVER GOING TO BOARD MY LITTLE ONE, I would take Barkingham Palace in Rockledge located at 4210 South Highway 1 and phone number is 321-636-7387 - I have checked both and I have to go with the one in Rockledge. They are pricey, but they do give specialized service.
Hope that will help.
Always
Shirley

ps you can give them my cell phone number in case of a second choice emergency number which is 321-508-2246

callahanjulie10
05-05-2006, 07:20 AM
Once again- you guys ROCK! I knew I could count on DISfriends. Shirley, you are the most generous person I have NEVER met :teeth: You need to start giving seminars :cheer2: We are still looking for someone who I trust not only to stay with Chloe but to stay in my house for 10 nights without having a party! I work at a high school and usually have a couple of kids I have stay but most have now gone to college, vacation, etc. I have a girl down the road in my neighborhood but I am not sure her mother would let her stay at night. I really prefer girls since they are more apt to love on my Chloe like she is used too. I trying to wrap everything up by this weekend. I will let you know what we decide.
Again, THANKS :banana: :banana: :banana: :grouphug:

snelsonbrown
05-05-2006, 07:25 AM
Listen - if Tia wasn't such a jealous Nero complex little dog who thinks she is a great dane in disguise, I would keep Chloe for you, BUT knowing Tia as well as I do, she would torment your little one - I tried it once about 5 years ago and she was younger then and even tho she isn't a biter, she sure can make another dog miserable. She feels that is her job :-) Good luck in your adventure.
Always
Shirley

callahanjulie10
05-07-2006, 10:03 PM
Good gracious Shirl, thanks but I know exactly what you are talking about! My Chloe is an only dog and thinks that she is the only one that should have attention :sunny: She is such a great dog though. I am checking tomorrow with one last person about coming to stay at my house, if she can't, I will be checking into Barkingham.
I love the suites- I just think that she would be so lonely. I just hate to think of it. I wish I could just bring her with me!

natsmom125
05-08-2006, 08:33 AM
Julie....I know Shirley knows best....just wanted to give you another alternative......we have used VIP Pet Resort on Sand Lake Road in Orlando. About 2 blocks down you turn on John Young Parkway that takes you to the Beachline to the port. Believe me....we would never leave our babies anywhere we had not checked out...BIG TIME. Our big girl, Maggie, lab/golden mix, had a great week there and it was the only place we have ever left her that she came out not hating us when we picked her up. I think they let her "help out" in the office. They have individual play if you select it and can even have their nails done, by that I mean polished.....

We have never left our little guy, a poodle, anywhere but at home or with someone at our home, so don't know how he would do.

I didn't know there was one so close to her "grandmother" Shirley, we'd have left Maggie at the one she recommended.

Phyllis :firefight :crazy: