PDA

View Full Version : Travelzoo - $59/ni. in Downtown Disney - which hotel is this?

soonermel
05-03-2006, 05:06 PM
Hello! Travelzoo listed a $59/night special in Downtown Disney, but the name of the hotel isn't revealed. Any educated guesses as to which hotel this is? Here's some of the info - go to travelzoo for the rest. Thanks in advance!
This Deluxe Property features the following great amenities:
Built in 1971
Renovated in 2001
Playground
Volleyball Court
Basketball Court
Shuffleboard
Billiards
Cafe
Jogging Area
Mini-Fridge
2 Large Pools with a poolside bar
Outdoor Whirlpools
Kiddie Pool
Stylish Guest Rooms
2 restaurants
2 lounges
Basketball
Tennis Courts
Fitness Center

dylansmom1
05-03-2006, 06:05 PM
That would be the Buena Vista Palace. It's the only hotel in DTD that matches that description. I've never stayed there, so I can't tell you what it's like. Check tripadvisor.com

Jane

DianeV
05-03-2006, 08:57 PM
It actually could be the Grosvenor. I fooled around doing a google search with some of the amenities listed and it came up

DonnaLeah
05-04-2006, 05:42 AM
I think I have to agree--it's the Grosvenor. Buena Vista Palace website lists that it has 3 pools and a spa. :sunny:

cinamin27
05-04-2006, 07:38 AM
wasnt the Best Western renovated in 2001?

I dont think I remember reading about the Grovesnor being renovated any time recently but I could definately be wrong as I've never stayed there, read too many negative things about it

spiceycat
05-04-2006, 08:26 AM
Disney's all star music and sports have recently appeared on priceline.

here is a link
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1095162

don't go with priceline unless you would be happy with any of their hotels in the 2 1/2 star range these include

some nice hotels
AmeriSuities
County Inn
Laqunita
Residence Inn
Staybridge Suites
Doubletree Club

and not so nice
Holiday Inn NikKi Bird
Ramada Plaza

you won't know which you got until you win the bid....

FoodLover
05-04-2006, 12:36 PM
wasnt the Best Western renovated in 2001?

No, it was renovated more recently. It does not have two pools, either, so this couldn't be the BW.

I think the hotel they're promoting is the Grosvenor.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

Lewisc
05-04-2006, 03:04 PM
Sounds like easyclick travel. They almost always have one amenity that gives away the hotel. Unless something has recently changed the Grosvenor is the only DTD hotel that has a basketball court listed as an amenity.

A Mickeyfan
05-04-2006, 04:43 PM
No, it was renovated more recently. It does not have two pools, either, so this couldn't be the BW.

I think the hotel they're promoting is the Grosvenor.

Mary
MouseSavers.com
The BW renovations started when my son's Baseball team stayed there & won the 15U AAU tournament. My son is now 19, so that was 4 years ago this summer... renovations must have started in 2002... and BW does only have one pool.. I am thinking like you, maybe the Grosvenor..
If someone gets it, please tell us :thumbsup2

TTT103
05-04-2006, 07:08 PM
I booked earlier today and it is definitely Grosvenor.

cyndibelle
05-04-2006, 07:15 PM
wow that is a good rate...did you book it ??

Phrank40
05-04-2006, 08:18 PM
I was looking for something inexpensive near Downtown Disney for this weekend, had another hotel booked but when this came up I was pretty sure it was Grosvenor so gave it a shot, and as posted before it is Grosvenor. While it is not my favorite place at $59 it is a good deal.

One comment - after making reservation the bookit.com site stated confirmation # "will be provided by the property shortly". After a day and a half I had no confirmation # even though I had an email from bookit.com informing me of the hotel's name and hotel info. So I called bookit.com, gave them my name and they had a confirmation number for me.

Phrank