PDA

View Full Version : Can I put the tips on my Visa card?

Deemarch
05-03-2006, 03:47 PM
I know that I've done this on other cruiselines...Just wondering.

mott
05-03-2006, 04:00 PM
You can go to guest services and have tips added to your onboard account. So if you use your visa to cover your account, then indirectly yes you can charge tips to you visa.

Deemarch
05-03-2006, 04:06 PM
Then will they give me some kind of a card that says the amount of the tip? So that I can give it to the people we will be tipping?

videogal1
05-03-2006, 05:01 PM
Then will they give me some kind of a card that says the amount of the tip? So that I can give it to the people we will be tipping?

Yes...It's a little ticket in a small envelope.

Deemarch
05-03-2006, 05:33 PM
Thanks!!

Sue (mom of 3 boys!)
05-03-2006, 06:47 PM
We are using our Disney VISA to add $$ to our shipboard account a little at a time before we go. Tips, and misc $ we feel we will spend will already be there when we board, and won't be an added expense.
In addition, we will get the points now to apply to our cruise payments (every little bit helps!) :goodvibes

Buddy Bear
05-03-2006, 09:24 PM
Actually what happens is the day before your last day of the cruise your stateroom stewart will leave four small envelopes for the following:

Head Server, Server, Assistant Server, and Stateroom Stewart. You have the option of putting cash in the envelope or going to guest services and getting a voucher for each person you want to tip.

For instance, let's say you want to give the Server a tip of $100 and you want that $100 charged to your account or a credit card. All you do is ask guest services for a voucher for $100. The person at the counter will ask you your Server's name because the voucher you recieve will have that person's name printed on that voucher.

I once asked a Head Server which is better, cash or voucher? He said, either one is fine. A voucher is a good as cash to a cast member.

Trixiezzz
05-03-2006, 09:34 PM
What happens to the excess if you add funds to your room account at the beginning of the cruise ~ and then don't spend it all? (Not really likely to happen to us ;) .

I mean, if you've used your Disney Visa Rewards card, how can they "credit" you back for that amount?

Buddy Bear
05-03-2006, 10:04 PM
What happens to the excess if you add funds to your room account at the beginning of the cruise ~ and then don't spend it all? (Not really likely to happen to us ;) .

I mean, if you've used your Disney Visa Rewards card, how can they "credit" you back for that amount?

Regardless, you have to have a credit card on account. Basically what they do is take a cc and charge the card when it hits a certain limit which I believe is $400.

I have been on a few 7 day cruises and it is not unusual to have accrued a balance of a couple thousand dollars. DCL will not wait until the end of the cruise to charge your card the entire amount; they will take the account balance in chunks during the course of the cruise which as I stated before I believe is $400.