PDA

View Full Version : WooHoo! FL res Summer rates out!!!

mom2of2
05-03-2006, 01:38 PM
I just saved over $800 on a cat 7 for my 7/6/06 3 night Wonder cruise!!!!!
I was orginally booked for a Cat 12 but then rates got released and I was able to upgrade for $50 more to a Cat 7.
I got a verandah!!!!!

FL res's check your summer discount rates!!!!!!!!!!!

Trixiezzz
05-03-2006, 02:18 PM
Here's what mousesavers says about it:

Special Disney Cruise Discounts for Florida Residents
Special Florida resident rates are now available for the following Disney Cruise Line sailings:

3-Night Sailings: May 11; June 15, 22, 29; July 6
4-Night Sailings: May 7, 14; June 11, 18, 25
7-Night Sailings: May 6, 13; July 15, 22, 29; August 5, 12
10-Night Sailing: September 7
11-Night Sailing: September 17
Proof of Florida residency required.

jodifla
05-03-2006, 05:56 PM
Very good news!!! A bit shocking, but good news.

tomspixie
05-03-2006, 07:17 PM
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!! Whomever was keeping an eye on FL rates, thank you!!! We had two cat 7's, by upgrading to two cat 6's we just saved over $3000!!!!!! :thumbsup2 My husband now thinks I am the best wife in the world!!! And he is grateful that I have been reading the disboards!!! :teeth:

Pixie Dust all!
:tink:

abitjaded
05-03-2006, 09:11 PM
Oh you lucky Floridians. Rub it in, why don't cha! ;)

When do the Colorado discounts come out?

Carla

Cindi0511
05-03-2006, 09:44 PM
Oh you lucky Floridians. Rub it in, why don't cha! ;)

When do the Colorado discounts come out?

Carla

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: If it helps any, we're paying for my sister and BIL and nephew for the 11-day, and since non of us is staying in their room, we don't get the discount for that stateroom.

You are so funny! :rotfl2:

jjupiter
05-04-2006, 06:14 AM
Cindi - not sure if you can do this since you already booked but you only need one FL resident per cabin to get the discount for the entire cabin. We did this with my sister and then just went to guest services to have them change the keys. We did not have any problems. Hope you can still change.

MAGICinMYHEART
05-04-2006, 07:30 AM
Mom2of2

Just called and had the Florida Resident Rate added to our August 12th Western Cruise, your little post saved me $518.00.
I just wanted to thank you, when I first called she said they didn't have any discounted rates for my dates but she checked again after I told her my crusie date had been posted on the DIS and AllEarsnet (Deb's website) she said her system just hadn't been updated yet. I thought I would add this information for anyone calling to check.

Beckie

FLmomof2
05-04-2006, 07:48 AM
Did those of you who got the discount book directly through DCL or your own travel agent? Just curious because we are booked through DCL and wanted to know if they ever offer the discounts?

MAGICinMYHEART
05-04-2006, 07:59 AM
Did those of you who got the discount book directly through DCL or your own travel agent? Just curious because we are booked through DCL and wanted to know if they ever offer the discounts?
Flmomof2

Yes, I was also worried because from everything I had read it said to call your TA to have the discount added. I just called DCL direct and spoke with a Cast Member

FLmomof2
05-04-2006, 09:11 AM
GREAT! I'll be call later in the year and hopefully we will be lucky and get some $$ back! :)

dreamcometrue
05-04-2006, 11:07 AM
Us Californian's should get the Florida discount by default. After all, Mickey lived here first!!! :rotfl2:

Maybe I should talk hubby into moving to Florida, just so we can get a discount on our cruise! $3,000!!! Wow!

arlenesp
05-04-2006, 11:13 AM
Flmomof2

Yes, I was also worried because from everything I had read it said to call your TA to have the discount added. I just called DCL direct and spoke with a Cast Member

When I switched over for the upgrades and frr over a year ago, I had to have a ta do it. DCL refused to discuss it with me. Maybe things have changed.

MAGICinMYHEART
05-04-2006, 02:27 PM
Sorry maybe I wasn't clear, I booked direct with DCL I have never used a TA so I just called Disney. I was answering Flmomof2 question.

Tarabra
05-04-2006, 03:20 PM
That's great news for Floridians, but a bummer for us Ohioans! On one of our cruises, our tablemates paid $475 ea., and we paid $1600 ea. We weren't too thrilled w/ that!!

Cindi0511
05-04-2006, 04:30 PM
Jjupiter, we're actually taking up three staterooms, but there are only two Florida resident adults -- the kids don't count. :guilty: I'd LOVE to get another $500 off since we're paying, but we'll be very thankful for anything we can get. :goodvibes

Arlenesp, it isn't supposed to matter who you book with, a TA or Disney directly, you should still get the discount, even if you've paid in full. Disney of course won't call you and tell you that there's a discount -- you have to find out on your own and call them. I'm still going to ask when we get to the port if the FL res discount got discounted even further. It can't hurt.

I personally like going through a TA for that reason, along with the fact that someone gets a paycheck out of it with no extra money coming from me. They're just trying to support themselves, and they do get notifications from Disney, whereas if we book ourselves, they don't notify us. I found out on our Cruise Meets board first, and then called my TA. She said Disney was only sending them notifications once a month now instead of once a week, but she got right on the phone and got us our discounts.

I've heard of Georgia and SC discounts sometimes, but have never had reason to check on them. Maybe I should as my sister lives in SC and that is the one room we couldn't get a discount on! :teeth:

arlenesp
05-04-2006, 10:22 PM
I booked that first trip thru a ta nd when I saw the frr posted on the boards here I first tried to call my ta who wan't available.
DCL wouldn't deal with me at all!!!!!I had to get a ta to get on the phone with us 3 way from that agency to do it.She didn't have any knowledge of what we were doing and as a result that deal took over 1 1/2 hours.What an ordeal!
The next cruises we went with Dana and it took her all of 2 -3 min to accomplish the discount and upgrade.
Learned my lesson.
Still waiting to see what comes out in Aug or Sept.If the prices are right we will do 3 or 4 day.I need my fix.

MommyMouse
05-05-2006, 07:38 AM
IStill waiting to see what comes out in Aug or Sept.If the prices are right we will do 3 or 4 day.I need my fix.

Hopefully there will be good rates for AUG/SEP. I was surprised to see the FRR came out for summer already. That is awesome. I guess they aren't filling up as quickly as usual :rolleyes: We are cruising on the 7 day western (tomorrow :banana: :Pinkbounc :bounce: ) and we also rec'd $3000 back for FRR. We paid in full in Feb and got the surprise in March :goodvibes For those wondering, that is for 7 people in a Cat 6 and cat 11 cabin.

TJeff
05-05-2006, 10:18 AM
First time cruiser here..

We want to book a cruiser for 4/07 and bring my wifes grandmother with us.
She is a FL res.

How do we do this?
Just book now with all the info and when it gets close, call and have the rate adjusted?

Do I have to pay all up front or in payments and should I go directly throught Disney or to a TA?
The price is the same either way.
I walked into my local TA and the price quoted was identical to that on the disney cruise site.

Jeff

arlenesp
05-05-2006, 11:19 AM
I believe the ressie needs to be in the Fl resident name to get the discount.

GoofyGuy777
05-05-2006, 12:27 PM
Just curious what kind of discount they are giving on the 10-day cruise?

Steve

Cindi0511
05-05-2006, 01:56 PM
I believe the ressie needs to be in the Fl resident name to get the discount.

Yes, this is the way to do it, regardless of who pays. If you have two rooms, though, you'll only be able to get the one with the FL resident in it discounted.

TJeff
05-05-2006, 03:06 PM
Thanks for the info.
I just found out her GM is backing out.
So... I'll be booking tonight.

Should I go to a TA or disney direct?

Cindi0511
05-05-2006, 09:39 PM
Thanks for the info.
I just found out her GM is backing out.
So... I'll be booking tonight.

Should I go to a TA or disney direct?

Sent you a PM, Jeff. Good luck with your planning -- it's half of the fun!

lucas
05-23-2006, 10:55 AM
Cindi - not sure if you can do this since you already booked but you only need one FL resident per cabin to get the discount for the entire cabin. We did this with my sister and then just went to guest services to have them change the keys. We did not have any problems. Hope you can still change.

Dh and I are FL residents and we cruising with my parents who are not FL residents. When we booked our cruise the CM said to get the FL resident discount in both cabins to book me in one cabin and dh in the other.

Soooooooo, did you have the keys changed when you checked in at the port or did you wait and go to guest services on the ship? Then will they issue new room keys??

Tigger&Bubba
05-23-2006, 11:26 AM
Do discounts apply on cat 1-3 staterooms?

mmouse37
05-23-2006, 11:34 AM
Dh and I are FL residents and we cruising with my parents who are not FL residents. When we booked our cruise the CM said to get the FL resident discount in both cabins to book me in one cabin and dh in the other.

Soooooooo, did you have the keys changed when you checked in at the port or did you wait and go to guest services on the ship? Then will they issue new room keys??

You can arrange who has charging privligies on what card at the port at checkin by filling out the payment authorization form but I believe you must be issued new cards at guest service desk onboard.

We had done the same things when we had two cabins with our kids....each of us were booked in a cabin with 1 or 2 of the kids and we just just got an additional key to each cabin without charging rights on it. Just used it to get into the kids room when we wanted.

MAGICAL EVENTS
05-23-2006, 03:12 PM
Do discounts apply on cat 1-3 staterooms?

We just booked 1 and a half weeks ago for a cruise in June and saved 50% on 2 adults and 1 baby with the Fl. rate :cheer2: ! The only sad thing is :sad2: the rate for 1-3 is not discounted!!!! We really were hoping but the FRR is still great and no complaints here, would have been nice to have a cat. 1,2 or 3 for cheaper! When we called they wanted over $4,000 for a cat 3 on the 3 night cruise! So we opted to do a cat. 6. It probably is because there are so many limited number of rooms for cat. 1-3 and they fill up fast!?!?!????? :confused3

lucas
05-23-2006, 04:25 PM
You can arrange who has charging privligies on what card at the port at checkin by filling out the payment authorization form but I believe you must be issued new cards at guest service desk onboard.

We had done the same things when we had two cabins with our kids....each of us were booked in a cabin with 1 or 2 of the kids and we just just got an additional key to each cabin without charging rights on it. Just used it to get into the kids room when we wanted.

mmouse37: We've already filled in the payment authorization forms online, giving our cc info and giving everyone charging rights. We're not really concerned about that part. But, we didn't want to have to switch room keys back and forth with my parents when we get on and off the ship, etc. So it sounds like we can get additional keys once onboard and then 1 of us will switch rooms with 1 of my parents. Hope that makes sense. When we booked the room the CM told us to put 1 FL resident in each room to get the discount so I think everything will work out - except for confusing our stateroom steward!! :rotfl:

Once again, I must thank you for the info. You are always so helpful!. :goodvibes

pyramid2000
05-23-2006, 10:02 PM
When we booked the room the CM told us to put 1 FL resident in each room to get the discount so I think everything will work out - except for confusing our stateroom steward!! :rotfl:

I am sure the higher ups wouldn't be happy with hearing CMs suggesting this!! :rotfl2:

happylady
05-24-2006, 10:16 PM
When I read this thread yesterday I became really, really excited. I've been looking for something special for DH and I to do for our 25th Anniversary in June. I submitted a request with Dreams Unlimited for a quote on the June 25, 4 day Wonder cruise. I just received the quote and was told there is no FL summer rates available. Is it only available on certain cruises?? Can someone with the code PM me? :worship:

I'll keep my fingers crossed!!

mom2of2
05-24-2006, 10:22 PM
check your pm's

mom2of2
05-24-2006, 10:25 PM
the dates are: 6/11 6/18 6/25 7/2 7/9

CGC33A
05-24-2006, 11:14 PM
for another reason, the way I booked 2 couples was to break up the couples and put the mismatched couples in each of 2 rooms. Went to Guest Services once on board and had them switch the keys (so the couples were paired up correctly in the right rooms). The CM didn't bat an eye. Must happen all of the time. DH thinks I make things difficult, & too involved but I had to go to Guest Services anyway to take the charging privlidges off of the kid's KKTW cards (so having them give me new cards for the room change really wasn't any trouble).
Now only if they would recognize kids as Florida Residents or Castaway Club members...

tink9285
05-26-2006, 10:17 AM
I wonder if any rooms are still left? Does anyone know? We are booked on the Special cruise in Sept 16, 7 nights. It would be so nice if we could go in the summer rather then Sept. Hurricane season.

MAGICAL EVENTS
05-26-2006, 11:31 AM
I wonder if any rooms are still left? Does anyone know? We are booked on the Special cruise in Sept 16, 7 nights. It would be so nice if we could go in the summer rather then Sept. Hurricane season.

Yes there are lots of rooms open. :cool1: We just booked for June, cat. 6. :thumbsup2 They only allow a certain number of rooms for FL. residence. We called ask what dates the FRR applies to, she told us a bunch of dates and called back the next day to book. Great deals, we saved about 50%. :banana:

lucas
05-31-2006, 05:16 PM
for another reason, the way I booked 2 couples was to break up the couples and put the mismatched couples in each of 2 rooms. Went to Guest Services once on board and had them switch the keys (so the couples were paired up correctly in the right rooms). The CM didn't bat an eye. Must happen all of the time. DH thinks I make things difficult, & too involved but I had to go to Guest Services anyway to take the charging privlidges off of the kid's KKTW cards (so having them give me new cards for the room change really wasn't any trouble).
Now only if they would recognize kids as Florida Residents or Castaway Club members...

Thanks for the info about how you switched keys and CM's not batting an eye! That is what we will be doing, too - glad to know it was easy to switch. :thumbsup2

2angelsinheaven
06-01-2006, 01:43 AM
You can now have charging privlages removed at check-in, just ask. =o)