PDA

View Full Version : Guns and Swords

DisneyVegas1
05-03-2006, 12:36 PM
As our cruise gets closer and closer our pirate costumes have got more and more involved .... My question is how is DCL about non firing replica flintlocks(pistol) more or less a toy considering it doesnt and cant be made in anyway to fire ...also plastic guns and swords ....Just dont want to go through security and get gang tackled cause they see what might be an aresonal in our carry ons ..lol ...

I know some of you will say just leave them at home , but trust me mate , what would Captain Jack Sparrow be without the tools of my trade ..Savvy ... pirate:

HooKooDooKu
05-03-2006, 12:45 PM
It's primarily airport and port security you'll have to worry about (not DCL directly).

I would suggest any "weapons" you bring to be plastic in nature to avoid any troubles. A "non-firing replica" might cause too much of a problem if it's not plainly obvious when you're holding it that it can't be fired. Otherwise, it would still be a security risk because you could brandish the weapon to threaten others and they wouldn't know that it can't be fired.

MrsMork
05-03-2006, 01:05 PM
I have seen swords at the Pirate Party. As far as the airlines: We purchased a pirate gun for DGS at WDW, put it in our checked luggage, I told the person scanning the luggage at the airport that it was in there and he said "not a problem, we see them all the time."

Jrsy Boy
05-03-2006, 01:07 PM
We brought two (plastic) swords onboard with no problems. Packed them in the luggage and no issues were raised at the airports either.
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e353/JrsyBoy/Disney/piratenight.jpg

Rence
05-03-2006, 01:45 PM
At the airport, toy weapons must be in Checked baggage. It doesn't matter if it is a flimsy bright green plastic pistol or a super flimsy rubber sword, they will not allow any toy weapons on the plane period.