PDA

View Full Version : pirate costume question

mattmommy
05-03-2006, 09:51 AM
I bought my dh a pirate shirt on ebay. White satin with ruffles. Very cute, um, I mean handsome. Bought Dad a black one (dd is a bit of a slob). Well, now ds5 wants a white satin one like daddy. I've looked all over and can't find one in his small size. They only make that shirt in adult sizes. Does anybody know a seamstress that can custom make one without breaking the bank? I can only hot glue and not sew.

I'm still trying to have him settle on a costume on ebay.

videogal1
05-03-2006, 10:00 AM
I bought my dh a pirate shirt on ebay. White satin with ruffles. Very cute, um, I mean handsome. Bought Dad a black one (dd is a bit of a slob). Well, now ds5 wants a white satin one like daddy. I've looked all over and can't find one in his small size. They only make that shirt in adult sizes. Does anybody know a seamstress that can custom make one without breaking the bank? I can only hot glue and not sew.

I'm still trying to have him settle on a costume on ebay.

Suggest to ds5 that according to the Pirates' Code you may not have two identically-attired pirates on the same family ship....Of course, these are only guidelines......

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

captaincrash
05-03-2006, 10:21 AM
....try matching other elements of the costumes... hats? swords? eye patches, parrots on the shoulder, etc. .... :confused3

Buzz & Woody
05-03-2006, 11:23 AM
this...we went to Value Village at Halloween and got foamie type pirate hats for the kids, eye patches, a red bandana, plastic hook and then just dressed the kids in red t-shirts and jeans. You could do something like that too, or just get a 2nd hand white shirt and mess it up, make it look dirty like a bad scoundral pirate would

CGC33A
05-03-2006, 04:58 PM
I bought a satiny ruffled shirt for my DS age 11 in the petites dept of Dillards. They were very much on sale. he took a small. some places might even have XS or try the girls or Jrs. dept.