PDA

View Full Version : Anyone not staying onsite during free dining?

arinmasonsmom
05-02-2006, 09:26 PM
Help--I'm starting to think that I am the only one not staying on site during free dining--got a great deal at DTD doubletree suites--$85.00 a night including breakfast for my family of 5--best deal I could get for us onsite was POR for about $800.00 more than our deal--we had already gotten tickets through my husband's work(Chase).. I'm starting to think I'm nuts--please help reassure me :), Ilisa

festivedaisy
05-02-2006, 10:34 PM
We're staying offsite, too! We'll be at Vistana Villages in a 2BR condo, as part of their timeshare offer. We'll have to go through the timeshare presentation, but the rate was great. We have one extra night that we'll probably spend at the Nick Hotel. (The last time we were at Disney, DD got so excited every time we drove past it!) Factoring in the free dining and not having to spring for a rental car if we stayed onsite, we're still spending less money this way. And my DH is usually happy to get away from "the magic" for a while each evening! :rotfl2:

spiceycat
05-03-2006, 07:56 AM
yes got a very nice SA deal a while ago.

I did look at it - $543 - staying in Pop and buying only one ticket....

but I can where I am for $168 for the week and it is a 2-bedroom....that Spicey can stay with me in....

PlutoLuvr
05-03-2006, 10:37 AM
Not staying on site either! We're using a week at our timeshare, we're FL residents and annual passholders to both USO & WDW. We always make our own breakfasts in our kitchen, so the only free meals we would have had would have been lunch and dinners. Free lunch & dinner didn't justify the amount we would have had to pay for rack room rates and full price on tickets. Plus, while we love WDW, we much prefer the restaurants and service we receive at Citywalk for our dinners.