PDA

View Full Version : Cruising in August, several questions....

jiminy
05-02-2006, 06:11 PM
We are cruising to the Eastern Caribbean Aug. 5. We have a 3 and a 5 yo.

First question is regarding excursions. Which excursions on St Maarten and St John/Thomas do you recommend for young children, or do you recommend even doing excursions or just walking around with the kiddos? We were thinking the Butterfly Farm one for St Maarten (i think)....My SIL wants to do the Dolphin Encounter, but her kids are a bit older and can swim, mine cannot. So I think I'm going to suggest that they do their own thing.

Second question is regarding the kid's club. My 3 yo is potty trained, but sometimes when he pulls his underwear up he gets things twisted around and whatnot. We're working on this and he should be fine by cruise time, but would the counselors help untwist them or is he pretty much on his own there. I've read that they do not want to have to help the kids at all with regards to potty training, but I'm not sure how extreme they are with that rule.

I think those are the only questions I have for now, but I'm sure I'll have more as the time approaches!

mom x4,grandma x4
05-02-2006, 06:40 PM
Howdy,
Grandkids did the butterfly farm on St.Maartin, they loved it. So that one I can recommend.
The rest somene else will have to help you with.
mom x4,grandma x4

jiminy
05-06-2006, 08:09 AM
Thanks! That helps a lot!

Anyone else have any other suggestions or comments about excursions?

BuzzNutt
05-06-2006, 08:16 AM
Doing the shops in posrt at St Thomas should be fun for you. You could also do the skyride and see a great view and it is a fun ride as well.
Have a great trip!

ImMarcik
05-06-2006, 08:36 AM
We are cruising to the Eastern Caribbean Aug. 5. We have a 3 and a 5 yo.

First question is regarding excursions. Which excursions on St Maarten and St John/Thomas do you recommend for young children, or do you recommend even doing excursions or just walking around with the kiddos? We were thinking the Butterfly Farm one for St Maarten (i think)....My SIL wants to do the Dolphin Encounter, but her kids are a bit older and can swim, mine cannot. So I think I'm going to suggest that they do their own thing.

Second question is regarding the kid's club. My 3 yo is potty trained, but sometimes when he pulls his underwear up he gets things twisted around and whatnot. We're working on this and he should be fine by cruise time, but would the counselors help untwist them or is he pretty much on his own there. I've read that they do not want to have to help the kids at all with regards to potty training, but I'm not sure how extreme they are with that rule.

I think those are the only questions I have for now, but I'm sure I'll have more as the time approaches!

We are cruising on Aug 5th too!!!! Come join our cruise meet thread!!! I can't help you with little ones though my DD is 12.