PDA

View Full Version : Tell us what we must do at the spa?

YFamily
05-02-2006, 03:52 PM
Hello, I represent the Monkey Grass Girls. We recently met on here. We are all on the same cruise, departing in just two weeks.

We are currently discussing spa options.

Maybe you could fill us in. Tell us which ones are a MUST and worth every large penny.

We thank you.

SIncerely
Mrs Y
Official spokesperson for the Monkey Grass Girls
Cuz I like to talk a lot.

pearlieq
05-02-2006, 04:03 PM
Well, I hate to be a party pooper, but unless you've absolutely got your heart set on a spa experience, I would pass on the ship's spa.

Their prices are at least 50% higher than on land and reports of their quality have been mixed. Also, the spa is run by a separate company who doesn't answer to DCL. If you're not satisfied, you're pretty much out of luck.

Why not get the girls together and have a rainforest meet? That would be fun and would be a pretty good use of your money.

I guess if you absolutley MUST do a spa experience, the Rasul (or whatever they're calling it these days...)is a fairly good value for a couple. Otherwise, maybe a massage on CC? At least there you're getting something you can't experience at home.

Hope you have a great trip! We're leaving Saturday--I promise to bring her back in one piece!

CourtneyMc
05-02-2006, 04:26 PM
I would say the hot stone massage is worth the price- I have never had a better one! however, the other posters point about the open air massage is a good one as well- i havne't done that b/c i was on a cruise right after Hurricane Jeanne ripped CC so we didn't stop there =(.

DVC Jen
05-02-2006, 06:48 PM
is the rasul worth the price?

joepoe
05-02-2006, 07:24 PM
I would say the hot stone massage is worth the price- I have never had a better one! however, the other posters point about the open air massage is a good one as well- i havne't done that b/c i was on a cruise right after Hurricane Jeanne ripped CC so we didn't stop there =(.

I had the hot stone massage and it was absolutely fantastic. Whatever you do be prepared for the massuese or manicurist or whatever service provider to hard sell you on the Elemis line of spa products.

jedijill
05-02-2006, 07:29 PM
Mrs Y.

I will babysit baby Y if you and Mr. Y want to do the Rasul!!!!! :rolleyes1

Jill
Founding member of the MGG

TSirgey
05-02-2006, 07:36 PM
Has anyone ever done the manicure/pedicure?

PaDisneyCouple
05-02-2006, 07:37 PM
We had the couples massage, but were not impressed. :( If you are into exercising, you should sign up for a class or a private session with the personal trainer. I (DW) had 2 sessions with Melissa on board the Wonder. She was AWESOME. :thumbsup2 :banana: :banana: Each session was 1 hour and she had me using the Pilates Reformer. If you have never done this, you will be amazed at how you feel during & after. This was worth every penny. I would do it again in a heartbeat. Definitely more worth the money than the massage. I exercised and I learned from Melissa, and knowledge is worth more to me than a mediocre rub-down. Of course, they will try to sell you the detoxification for $279. I was not interested and just said no thank you.

I hope this suggestion helps you. Have fun on your cruise! :banana: