PDA

View Full Version : How much water????????

r3ngels
05-02-2006, 11:00 AM
I am really trying to get back on track with the whole "life style change" thing but I forgot how much water I need to drink in a day... I read in old WW stuff that it is 6 glasses a day and I thought I had read somewhere that it is 8 glasses :confused3

and also is a glass 8 ozs?

What have you guys been doing? :sunny:

aka-mad4themouse
05-02-2006, 12:41 PM
There is no exact amount. It can vary depending on a number of things (activity level, environmental temperature, etc.) On average, most adults will lose about 2 liters (67 oz.) of water every day thru normal bodily functions. To replace that, you need 8 8oz. glasses of water. But you also have to remember that the food you consume will contain varying amounts of water. So a glass of milk, a cup of coffee, the moisture in your green beans or chicken all contribute to the 2 liters that you need.

I'm taking in 8 6oz. glasses of water daily. I also drink 2 8oz mugs of coffee (it's a vice I haven't been able to give up). I keep track by placing pennies in a cup sitting on the window sill above my sink. I works for me.

newholidayx2
05-02-2006, 02:17 PM
I read its 1/2 your body weight. At 120lbs I need to drink 60oz. When I push the water I usually drink (3) 16oz bottles so 48oz.

lovinaz
05-02-2006, 02:18 PM
You are supposed to get 8-10 glasses a day (8oz). I personally drink 100+oz per day, in addition to green tea (hot and iced) and a daily diet soda.

Cruise04
05-03-2006, 09:26 AM
I drink anywhere between 84 ounces and 126+ ounces a day. I drink them in 42 ounce increments (that's the size of my mug) and that helps me get it in easier (mind over matter type of thing). I do try to stop drinking after 7pm at night so I'm not up all night but that doesn't always work. Also on days that I've eaten foods with more sodium I try to drink an extra glass of water.

If you aren't sure how much your glass holds - take a liquid measuring cup, pour water into your glass and then pour it into the measuring cup. That's how I do it when I have a glass at home that doesn't have the size on the bottom of it.

twotoohappy
05-03-2006, 04:36 PM
I read its 1/2 your body weight. At 120lbs I need to drink 60oz. When I push the water I usually drink (3) 16oz bottles so 48oz.

Yup, that's what I do also. I do 1/2 my body weight = oz. of water (atleast)

r3ngels
05-16-2006, 12:29 PM
Thank you guys for your response... I haven't been on WISH lately so it is a belated Thanks.

I guess what I am going to shot for is 64-70 that is between 8 glasses and 1/2 my body weight. :teeth:

misslissa
05-16-2006, 09:18 PM
Appearantly 8 glasses is 2.2 litres.

To help with this, I just saw the awesomest thing at Walmart!!! :thumbsup2 It was a huge water bottle. I believe it was about $3 CDN. It was exactly 2.2 litres to help with that goal.

Good luck. :cool1: